Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

3GSK and full throttle stop

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3GSK and full throttle stop

Just wondering if there are any benifits of messing with the full throttle stop after installing a 3GSK. It doesn't seem to pull as hard on the top as i expected it too. Also, Before doing the acutall 3Gsk, I tried the washer mod and had a real sensitive pedal, with i liked, put since i changed to the "real" gsk, it is not much more sensitive than stock, is that normall or did i do something wrong?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:33 PM

uuhhmm, Bump?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

What's your injection timing?
Without a significant advance you cannot squeeze out the last of the rpm from the GSK
A real GSK should be smooth. You did good.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My truck goes easily to 3000 with full power, timing at 15. I'm guessing your IP is not set up right, perhaps the #100 plate full forward is overfueling. What is your smoke and boost situation?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:45 AM

Pump timing is at 15.5*, I run 40lbs of boost and have a decent haze at wot with full boost. Also, around 1500 rpm i get "pop" not a miss, and have heard that it has to do with fueling vs timing, maybe i should pull the plate back abit?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Injectors would give you the mid rpm "pop". I heard that alot with 370's.. The DDP's don't do that..
Old 11-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If your smoke description applies when it poops out at high RPM, lack of heavy smoke says it is not overfueling. Maybe it is underfueled, but you have the BOMBs which should prevent that. I'm not saying your BOMBs are wrong, but sometimes there's an incompatability between good parts thrown together, and the intended result is not achieved. If your combination is a known winner, just forget I said that.

Does your linkage actually hit the full throttle stop when you floor it? Have someone press the pedal while you watch the linkage. About the plate location, lots of people think that if a little is good then a lot is better. That is usually not the case. There should be a position between the middle and full forward that is optimum, and every truck is different.

Lastly, there was a link posted within the last 2 weeks for a comprensive IP tuning procedure which results in a good balance between power and smoke, involving the plate position, starwheel, and smoke screw. See if you can find it.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rare1
If your smoke description applies when it poops out at high RPM, lack of heavy smoke says it is not overfueling. Maybe it is underfueled, but you have the BOMBs which should prevent that. I'm not saying your BOMBs are wrong, but sometimes there's an incompatability between good parts thrown together, and the intended result is not achieved. If your combination is a known winner, just forget I said that.

Does your linkage actually hit the full throttle stop when you floor it? Have someone press the pedal while you watch the linkage. About the plate location, lots of people think that if a little is good then a lot is better. That is usually not the case. There should be a position between the middle and full forward that is optimum, and every truck is different.

Lastly, there was a link posted within the last 2 weeks for a comprensive IP tuning procedure which results in a good balance between power and smoke, involving the plate position, starwheel, and smoke screw. See if you can find it.
Thanks for the reply, I will check the throttle linkage, I have the plate full forward but was thinking about going back to a #10 and moving it back a little bit to not have to worry about egt's. I just want to make sure i am taking full advantage of usable upper rpm's where there turbor doesn't light until 16-1700 rpm.

I do think that maybe i have the wrong combanation of parts in/or not in, the pump. I thought that it should be fueling harder under wot, thats why i thought maybe the full throttle screw might need adjustment? Heck, Maybe i just need to clean the fuel screen under the pump?