Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

34 MPG. That's right.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
34 MPG. That's right.

Anyone notice an increase in mileage with new injectors? I'm not sure just how accurate it is, but my overhead computer tells me that I'm getting between 33 and 34 mpg on the highway empty. Every time too. I'm getting about 21.5 pulling my bobcat on the highway too. I wrote all the #'s down when I filled up Sunday night, gonna do it on paper to double check, but I ran a whole week on one tank, and was over 18K about 4 days. Unheard of with the stock injectors, I was tanking up at $80 every third day. Just curious if others have noticed anything similar. I'll post my hand calculations too when I fill up again.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Registered

your in for a serious dissapointment. you'll be anywhere from 14-20 depending on how you like to drive

lol heres your sign

(j/k dude, its all in fun humor )
Old 07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
The Guru

My truck averages around the low 20's MPG and my overhead computer shows an average fuel consumption in the high 30's MPG. The only thing that computer is good for is the outside temp and direction. Even that is sketchy at times.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:39 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's no doubt you will see an increase with those 1.6's , but you would have to be driving my CIVIC to see those numbers!
By the sounds of your extended fill up, you're are probably over 22 or so.......

Man, you tricked that truck out in like 6 months, can I get a job with you?!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:01 PM

overhead display numbers are based on how much fuel the stock computer is telling the stock injectors to fire. Aftermarket injectors, boxes, and tuners will skew the overhead results. Basically less pedal input results in the same fuel flow after mods.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM

Waaaaaaaaay off.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:31 PM

OK, OK. Just making sure yall were paying attention! It has improved my mileage, but I'm not sure how much. I'll figure it on paper. But it would be nice if it were over 20, huh?

PJ, you'd have a heck of a commute! Get yourself a bobcat and quit your job, just don't let your wife quit hers. That way, everything can be a, uh, business expense. Except firearms, my accountant did not go for that.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by micah
overhead display numbers are based on how much fuel the stock computer is telling the stock injectors to fire. Aftermarket injectors, boxes, and tuners will skew the overhead results. Basically less pedal input results in the same fuel flow after mods.
Actually, it is just a simple calculation the computer does that compares the resistance from the sending unit in the tank to revs per mile from the VSS.....it is the accuracy of the sending unit that calls into question the average mileage number in the display.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:58 PM

Unhappy

My overhead says 38MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually see about 17MPG
Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM

MY truck would never lie to me. If it says it's getting 34 mpg, I really reallllllly want to believe it.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Well you may not really be getting that kind of mileage, but don't tell Ford or Chevy guys any different. Show them the numbers, and watch thier jaw drop. Then tell them that was with a huge load on too.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:24 PM

Oh absolutely. That's the first thing I did, was pull into my buddies driveway (PSD guy) and point at the MPG display. Then I let him drive it around and burn off some of my nice tread. Now he wants a cummins! Well, at least the MPG display is good for some laughs if nothing else.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM

Every time I look at mine its close to the mileage im getting about 14-17 miles to the gal. I wish it did tell me I was getting in the 20s so I could show it to some of the stroker crowds.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 PM

Real surprised with my milage with these new injectors, i figured it would have went down compared to my 2.5's but im getting 18mpg on the highway with these 7's... Whod a thunk it?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CTD NUT
Actually, it is just a simple calculation the computer does that compares the resistance from the sending unit in the tank to revs per mile from the VSS.....it is the accuracy of the sending unit that calls into question the average mileage number in the display.
Oh CTD. You've let me down. If that info were true how would an aftermarket chip change the data? Being most are out of warranty that was the first tattle tale on whether a truck was modded. Pull a truck in with a drivability issue that was showing 22mpg while the guy was pulling is fiver was the invitation to start snooping around for mods. Map has to be an input for this feature.

Quick Reply: 34 MPG. That's right.