Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

3 hp quadzilla?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to say it but installed one for a guy to see what it had and seemed like half the power the edge comp put out took it right of and sent it back I was not impressed at all stick with the edge or redline.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:52 AM

A buddy has one and it runs good on his truck. I would also be looking at the wire tap. You can EASILY get a bad connection there, which would hinder the 3rd level from working right.

Eric
Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Philabuster
Did you VERIFY you tapped the correct wire? Is the connection done poorly?

IF you did tap the correct wire and have a solid connection, then there may be a problem with the box.
I agree Mike, there has to be something wrong with the wire tap if you're only getting 60 some odd hp difference. There are two different wrapped wire sets exposed if I remember correctly. Make sure you've got the right set of wires. You also need to make sure you use a good connector and it is cutting through the insulation. A Posi-tap is an excellent way to tap the wire. I've been able to find them at O'reilly's auto parts. You'll need to make sure you buy one for a small enough gauge wire (not sure what it is, you'll have to eyeball it), but once you see them you'll understand why they work so well at piercing the insulation to make a positive connection. This has happened on my truck when not getting a good connection and another truck I've helped work on. In the tight quarters you are working in, it is difficult to get a solid connection. The posi-tap will help greatly.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by KMKDiesel
Sorry to say it but installed one for a guy to see what it had and seemed like half the power the edge comp put out took it right of and sent it back I was not impressed at all stick with the edge or redline.
Same as the rest of the posts...might not have been installed properly (or you just didn't like it) but I've spoken to few folks that didn't like their Quad box more than any similar box...jus' sayin'
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Banned

I bet its not the wire tap, its the box it self, i have one and sent it back in 3 times before it worked right. dont get me wrong i like the box, its just not the install that it allways the problem,99 % of the time it is but his could be the 1% like mine was.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 AM

I've seen it be the wire on both Edge and TST products. You never know, it could be the box though. If you've double checked it Mike, Call Quadzilla. They have excellent customer service from my experience with the Beta Test on the new Race Adrenaline box.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 PM

I was just about to buy the Xzillaraider box.........gonna follow this & see if it IS the box or its an installation error.

On a side note, which one IS the correct wire for tapping? Is it hard to reach etc? Just for future reference.

-Carm
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 AM

ttt............
Old 11-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Everyone keep in mind...it's both possible to make a mistake installing the box/wire tap and occasionally we get faulty equipment...not long ago Edge had a run of problems, and came through for the cutomers...there have been other brands with problems as well, the Quadzilla boxes are no more prone to issues than the rest...the real test here is customer support...call Quadzilla and ask for help...they will get you going and put a big grin on your face...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM

well i checked right wire is tapped and it has been all along . i contacted there customer service and spoke to jeremy i went over the same stuff. he said he was going to talk to quad and get back to me that was over a week ago. i am going to remove the horn and buy a new wire tap and try this. however if it doent change anything i will contact then again and see about a new box or upgrading. i agree all boxes have trouble but my ez has always been great. will keep you posted thanks for all the input
Old 11-24-2007, 10:48 AM

Id solder it if I were you,its a pain to get the wire cover off,but it worked great for me,never had a problem.Ive got drag comp though,but same idea
Old 11-25-2007, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since I've never dealt with a quad product, can you stack the quad and the ez. Is the quad a fuel only box?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by 95ram
Since I've never dealt with a quad product, can you stack the quad and the ez. Is the quad a fuel only box?
Yes...the 120 HP box is fuel only...
Old 11-26-2007, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 95ram
Should be like an Edge Comp. Fuel and Timing. I wouldn't stack it with an EZ since the EZ does timing.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 AM

The 120 hp Quad box is a fueling box, so you could stack an EZ with it.

Quick Reply: 3 hp quadzilla?