Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2nd Gen Perf. Enhancements?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Gen Perf. Enhancements?

Looking at some ideas for my truck to get some more ooommphh out of it. So far I have an Edge Juice module with Attitude monitor on the truck. Truck is idle at this time as I have a lift pump on the way out. Have a Glacier Diesel Performance Walbro Pump kit coming with the big line kit and filters on the way; should be here Friday. Also an AEM Workhorse Cold Air Kit on the way. Planning on a 4" Exhaust straight piped. My main concern is on injectors; I am pretty much sold on the Formula One injectors but what size? I'm leaning towards Mach 2's or 3's. Keep in mind this truck serves daily driver duty to and from work; so I'm not wanting such a big injector that I will actually harm mileage or driveability. Just how big can I go? Also truck rarely sees any towing duty with the most being a car hauler towing my mustang. So aprox maximum towing it ever sees is 5000LBS. Thanks in advance for any input and advice.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are going to upgrade the clutch at some point I would get Mach 4's without a doubt. Your HX35 will handle the 4's as long as you keep the boost down and don't drive around on 5x5 all the time.

I've had 4.5's for over two years now I'm so glad I didn't get anything less.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Im not sure how it will work on your HO but on my SO i just installed mach 4.5s last friday and today i finally got it running good. They add more than enough fuel for you stock turbo. Driveabilty seem really good. I like it alot better with my chip on 2x3 with these sticks than with my just my chip on 5x5. it is less smokey if you take off like a normal person this way and has more power. On a long pull to about 90 mph i can get my egts up to about 1450. I tried 5x5 but my egts get so hot so fast its not really worth it. I have not checked my millage yet but so far my fuel gauge seems to be moving slightly slower than with my stock injectors. I know that dont really mean much but from what i have read millage from mach 2,3,4 is very close to the same or slightly better in some cases.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never ran Machs, but these cheap jammer 5's or more than enough fuel for my needs, very seldom do I turn my Juice above level one. I usually just turn it up when I want to perform a smoke out.

It gets hot so fast on anything above 3 that I have no need for higher levels. My fuel economy has remained constant throughout all of my injector changes.

All that said, I would get a set of Mach 4's if I were to buy some Machs for daily driving. Bigger sticks means less fiddling with the box when you want more power to pass the next guy in a tight situation.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM

4.5 may be a little large for ya IMO I would try to stay with the 3's or around 100 hp anyway. You dont want to turn your stang black will towing it, the 35 will clean out up top but down low 2000 rpm or so it may be a little smokey with any larger. Thats just my opinion but everyones truck is different to an extent.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll add to what I said before, my mileage has been great with the 4.5's... Granted if you get into the coal a lot your mileage will go down, but with normal driving, mileage should not change. I get about 19mph hwy and around 17 or so city.

Check out the pictures in my gallery. I've towed both the 01 CTD and the heavy load of logs with what's in my sig. without issue.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 PM

Upgrade your clutch first,you will fry it with even Mach 2s

Bob

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2007, 11:45 PM

Get the injectors first start saving for the clutch =P Maybe Bob's advice is better than mine

I drove around for a few months with mach 4's, 64 turbo, and a hrvp. I could slip the clutch at will, but it held fine when I wasn't flogging it. Nothing like the smell of burnt clutch in the morning Well at least clutches cheaper than the built autos =P

I'd get the 2's if you're not looking for a turbo upgrade. If we could somehow lure diesel_dan into the thread maybe he can comment on his 2's fass fass fass
Old 09-19-2007, 02:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Love my Mach 4s. Still running them with a stock turbo on my HO.

Mileage is same as stock: 16/20 like clockwork.

Got 10 months on my stock clutch with M4s and a Smarty after almost 2 years of the stock clutch holding an EZ and 90hp injectors.

Upgraded the clutch, but the stocker turbo seems to work just fine with the M4s. Just don't try towing at 38psi on the little HX35