Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

24 valve 600 hp, street truck how to get there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by powermad
.......what do you think is a better bang for the buck, a drag comp or the tst comp stack?
i've never tried the TST but after looking at some prices, it would cost about twice the money to run it. i dont think its twice as good, but then again i've never tried it......
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM

TSTs can be had for 2-300 bucks used.....

If you are running a HO pump its not worth switching electronics around in my opinion. The HO pump kinda limits your gains.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although I haven't dyno'd my truck lately, I'm pretty sure I'm around 600hp. I've run a 12.1 in the 1/4, fuel only. I use a regular TST for fueling with nothing else.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:18 PM
The Guru

600's rwhp is easy, twins and mach 4's, for a daily driver, a hot street truck a single S362 or S364. Sticks that big need twins to really see the beniefts you need a large single or twins. I run methanol spray and recommend it. Twins, mach 4's and a set of smallish twins, methanol/water spray you'll be above 600'srwhp and still tow just about anything. There almost as much fuel in mach 4's as the 6's. At some point you lose the efficency of the big stick, and you can't really make HP. Camshaft and ported head just make the combo more purfect. I have yet to see the beneift of the larger intercooler. Other might say other wise....
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
600's rwhp is easy, twins and mach 4's, for a daily driver, a hot street truck a single S362 or S364. Sticks that big need twins to really see the beniefts you need a large single or twins. I run methanol spray and recommend it. Twins, mach 4's and a set of smallish twins, methanol/water spray you'll be above 600'srwhp and still tow just about anything. There almost as much fuel in mach 4's as the 6's. At some point you lose the efficency of the big stick, and you can't really make HP. Camshaft and ported head just make the combo more purfect. I have yet to see the beneift of the larger intercooler. Other might say other wise....
for 600 bucks do you really feal that watermeth makes a large enough difference?i have friends with the same truck same mods only one has water meth and other doesnt... the guy with water meth dynoed 9 more hp and egts, boost were all the same between both trucks. when i had it i noticed it helped the turbo spool a little bit.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Chapter President

Mike, How many people have you seen make 600hp on Mach 4's? I've never seen it, so I would be interested to know.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike D
Mike, How many people have you seen make 600hp on Mach 4's? I've never seen it, so I would be interested to know.
Ditto. I'd like to know as well.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:00 PM
The Guru

There been a few. You can build a home made kit for alot less than $600. Its most just farm agro stuff. They use it for spraying the weeds. Just get a high volume/high pressure pump. You have to find a pressure switch to control the pressure, but that isn't to hard. We have had a few local DTR trucks run close to 600rwhp, with a single. Using twins, and methanol spray, an easy 600rwhp. I picked up an extra 70rwhp just on a single nozzle. I never ran 4's but ran 6's. A fresh VP helps to make the big power.

I have pulled 677rwhp on mine a few years back but thats ancient history.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:26 PM

my snow kit must have either been a lemon or not injecting full psi because i got no gain with it and only 10hp gained off a buddy truck.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 PM
The Guru

What did you use as spray? How much methanol percent content? How was the kit set-up? I did the dyno test pulls on our last DTR dyno day outting. THe truck just seems to accelerate way better and is more responsive when the spray is added. I just run out of spray fast when I tow my trailer. I have to rig up a 20 gallon tank for the hills. I believe so far its been a decent mod. I haven't rip into the truck yet to do a look see for damage, but its coming. I'm thinking about drop my compression ratio and upping the methanol percentage on my next engine.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:40 PM

i ran it with distilled water, boost juice, home made h2o/meth, and wiper fluid all having the same result except the water and wiper fluid help with egts a little. but for 600 dollars i dont feel it helped enough. compare the 600 for a edge box to 600 for the water meth and you tell me if it is worth it. i ran it with every type of nozzle that came with the kit and even 2 stages. the 2 stages i noticed egts took longer to get to 1500 but it was eating up all the water in a 20 mile trip so i didnt keep it.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
There been a few. You can build a home made kit for alot less than $600. Its most just farm agro stuff. They use it for spraying the weeds. Just get a high volume/high pressure pump. You have to find a pressure switch to control the pressure, but that isn't to hard. We have had a few local DTR trucks run close to 600rwhp, with a single. Using twins, and methanol spray, an easy 600rwhp. I picked up an extra 70rwhp just on a single nozzle. I never ran 4's but ran 6's. A fresh VP helps to make the big power.

I have pulled 677rwhp on mine a few years back but thats ancient history.
600hp with Mach 4s and what else for fuel? Obviously a boost fooler of some kind is required as well. Are you running a wire tap box of some kind? I cannot see how you get 600hp on just Mach 4s and methanol. P7100 perhaps?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
IMO, 600hp with a VP is easy if you do it with nitrous.

I think nitrous is by far the easiest way to extend the range of a streetable truck. It doesn't take a massive shot. NItrous gives you more power, gives you "super" charge air cooling and works well on anything from a mild truck to a huge race truck.

Given that 4s have done 500hp without a bunch of special mods, I would think 600 on the spray is well within reach.

I'd suggest backing off the timing a bit if fiddling with nitrous

JMO
Old 06-20-2009, 09:58 PM
The Guru

You have to run a box that taps the pump. No I ran the regular SO injection pump. There been a few VP trucks break thru the 700rwhp fuel only barrier and 1000rwhp on drugs. How much methanol percentage you run on the spray? I picked up 70rwhp on my last dyno outing by using the spray over not using it. I just ran a edge drag box and mach 6'rs.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM

i dont know what the boost juice is but when i tried a homemade mix it was about 30/70. when i dynoed i gained nothing at all from it. maybe the computer went wacky and thats why i gained nothing. i only checked the nozzle spray pattern the first time i put the unit together. i had it set at 20psi start and 38 max and my max boost was right around 40psi.

Quick Reply: 24 valve 600 hp, street truck how to get there?