Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2001 F650 w/cummins allison combo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackdiesel
^^^ this guy cracks me up ^^^

oh wait..... your serious
here we go again!!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
The Guru

Just hopefully dodge survives with enough government money to survive until the contract runs out. Dodge has the excussive right for 2500 and 3500 trucks. The chassis trucks you can get anything you want. I wonder what cummins is going to do if they only sell a few engines to dodge, probably rip up the worthless contract as I bet that there is conditions on the amount of cummins engines that dodge has to sell. If dodge doesn't meet that amount...
Old 01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by Racing_Joe66
ford owns cummins. but dodge owns the right to put the cummins in there trucks. but i guess the contract with dodge has run out in the past few monthes. so ford might be putting them in there truck now.

I cant believe this rumor is still alive!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flatbed24v
so how was ford able to offer a Cummins and a Allison?
The simple answer is Cummins and Allison can sell thier products to whomever they chose. Cummins is a private company not controlled by any automaker, they have a contract with Dodge to supply engines for light duty (and now medium duty with the 4500/5500 trucks) applications. Cummins supplies basically the same engine (slight differences for different applications) to many medium duty truck manufacturers, as well as marine, genset, pumping and various other end users and builders. If another person says "FORD OWNS CUMMINGS" I swear I will come through this computer and beat the last breath out of you.

Similarly Allison is a private company (GM does still own the joint venture plant in Baltimore that produces the A1000 for Duramax applications). Allison produces many products for more manufacturers then could possibly be listed here.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fiveology
If another person says "FORD OWNS CUMMINGS" I swear I will come through this computer and beat the last breath out of you.

oh man, i havnt laughed that loud in a long time.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM

ford owns cummins LOL just kidding I know better, but let's not beat the heck out of the guy for not knowing.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MODERATORS PLEASE DELTE THIS POSTING!!!!!!!!!!! all i did was ask for some simple help from some other dodge members!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now people wonder why i didn't finish giving my findings on the FLEX-A-LITE fans that i put in my 97 dodge. which i found out 1 VERY GOOD PIECE OF INFO TO LET PEOPLE KNOW BEFORE THEY WOULD GO AND DO THE CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes and no they work.

thanks,
joe
Old 01-14-2009, 04:23 PM

if people will get back to the subject at hand and help then leave the posting if not then just delete it.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:36 PM

have you tried to call any of the companies yet? I don't see why you still couldn't do other upgrades like injectors and turbos and I would upgrade the tranny as well to hold the new power.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:17 PM

yes i have called around. no help as most only go to 550. the tranny will deff hold to whatever i put to it. its just the engine i am worred out.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 PM

when you say they only cover up to 550 that makes me wonder what the difference is in the computers, did you ask them? I wonder if you could swap out a different ECM
Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know there are tuners for the medium duty trucks which is what an F-650 is, I can not for the life of me remember who they are. Pick up a Diesel Power mag because I am sure i have seen an advertisement for what you are looking for.
Hell for that matter you could take the truck to a Cummins engine shop or a big rig shop that is Cummins certified and they could check the power setting of the engine and turn it up if it is not set at Cummins factory max. They could also point you in the right direction for getting more power out of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM

I can't think of the name but there is a web site that is for cummins swapped into fords they may be able to help you out. They may say put in this ECM with this wiring harness and have fun. Or you could p pump it and take the electronics out of it.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Racing_Joe66
yes i have called around. no help as most only go to 550. the tranny will deff hold to whatever i put to it. its just the engine i am worred out.
The reason they only make stuff up to the 550 is the 550 is only available with a Powerstroke. Cat and Cummins motors were only available in 650s and 750s.

I looked and didn't see anyone advertising an electronic box for this application. You could do a small set of injectors and a turbo, but without some way of adjusting timing you won't get the most out of them.

What are your goals for the truck? What will it be used for? Adding a lot of power to a medium duty truck that is gonna be worked is usually not a great idea, that is unless you like staring at a pyrometer while driving to keep from melting it down.

Last, stop being so dang sensitive. If you are going to post "facts" that are blatantly incorrect you should be prepared to be called out on it. "Ford owns Cummin(g)s" is the myth that won't die, seems like every couple of months somebody throws that nugget out there. Well after years of constantly disproving this myth most people here get tired of hearing it.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 PM

what ever you put in watch your EGTs they get high fast if you change stuff up and watch your fuel pressure

Quick Reply: 2001 F650 w/cummins allison combo!!!