Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

2001 Cummins = Too Loud Says Neighbour = Me GRRRR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i defently agree when people see a big loud smoky truck they think bad things i have had numerous letters in the mail from neighbors and the carb board saying the trucks to loud to how we can cut down on the smoke level and i agree. the loudness even though is music to a small pack like us, and the smoke smells like a sweet perfume, i beleive we should try and not give the diesels a bad image. i lined my hood with dynamat under hood liner and the engine noise did come down and most of my neighbors thought it was alright. and i try to roll as little smoke as possible until i see a duramax or powerchoke then some smoke gets expelled.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Todd, that person has some big ones!!! I would have did a burnout on that board and nailed it to his driveway after!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM

my nabors hate all my rigs they eith have straight pipe diesel engins or big blocks with dual single chamber flowmasters.my powerwagon aka powerdragon or my smoke blowin cummis.I told the guy across the street lets go for a ride.I wonted to show him a glimps in to the diesel world.so we drove around for about 10min he said he was sorry and begged me to drive it.he now owns a 2001 3500 with a 5in exaust and gobs of power.befor that he drove toyota tundra.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:30 PM

thats a ostem change but most people stereotype diesels by seeing big rigs and a select few "us" driving them blowing smoke. so to a person who drives a hybrid toyota they first think smog and global warming and how bad it smells. and that bad image really puts a bad name on diesels. ive come to notice more ferds than cummins or even duramax owners blow tons of smoke . when i see peoples sigs that say 6.0 come with egos the smoke blowing confirms that.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 PM

i had a neighbor that would always get mad at me when i would leave for school in the morning. they would always tell my parents ( still live at home only 17)the i needed to get a quiet truck so they could sleep in later. my truck had a 5'' banks exhaust with a muffler. they called the cops on me a few times but the sheriffs department never told me that i was doing anything wrong. so to get back at my neighbor i took off the muffler and put on a set of 6'' stacks and roll the smoke every time i leave. now you should hear them crying to my parents. and the bad part about it that i live out in the middle of no where and my neighbors house is pretty far away.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:01 PM

my 12v is so loud. No muffler or anything just 4" to a 5" stack. I know my neighbors hate it but I never had any problems. My driveway is pretty steep so I have no choice but to roll the smoke when pulling in, however I always cut the truck off right away.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
... Either way, we can have a Black-Out on Daniel Close...
That could be FUN...maybe we should have Mike H. come up north??

Cops going to tow it huh? No wonder I dont like cops....

I dont have any complaints about my trucks - the 24V with exhaust brake is pretty loud....but the Harleys are much worse. There a guy that drives past my house every night, he guns the throttle to try and set my alarm off. Thinking about stretching some rope across the road.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM

That would be a nice sight to see!!! I found out there is no noise bylaw in Red Deer. They will give you an excessive noise ticket but it will fall in court so they can try me out!!! It must be the new neighbour that moved in last summer because I have never had a problem until just reciently. I take it Mike's truck is loud??
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
That would be a nice sight to see!!! I found out there is no noise bylaw in Red Deer. They will give you an excessive noise ticket but it will fall in court so they can try me out!!! It must be the new neighbour that moved in last summer because I have never had a problem until just reciently. I take it Mike's truck is loud??
Not really, just a little smokey...

Twins don't smoke!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
.. There a guy that drives past my house every night, he guns the throttle to try and set my alarm off. Thinking about stretching some rope across the road.
Now thats just mean..LOL. You would have to get video of that!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 PM

We got folks like that here. They build houses near a race track or dirtbike trails and then sic the courts on whoever to get them booted out.
I smoked some goober the other day that tried to make my truck into a sandwich. Wonder if Ill get letters from the EPA?
If a cop did pull you over for smoke I wonder what kind of citation youd get?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by kawi600
If a cop did pull you over for smoke I wonder what kind of citation youd get?
Well, the RCMP can site you for just about anything. And they will if they feel like it.

I think you can get nailed for excessive smoke/noise just about anywhere. The problem I have with that is, just look at the city garbage trucks, public busses, as well as semis, cement trucks - virtually anything with a diesel engine will smoke when the conditions are right. Do they tow busses because they are too loud or because the smoke too much??? I guess the better start huh?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 PM

No doubt Dr, I gotta use that one when I get stopped next time!!! I turn the TST off in town so there is no smoke and turn it on when I need to. No smoke just noise complaint..
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Well, the RCMP can site you for just about anything. And they will if they feel like it.

I think you can get nailed for excessive smoke/noise just about anywhere. The problem I have with that is, just look at the city garbage trucks, public busses, as well as semis, cement trucks - virtually anything with a diesel engine will smoke when the conditions are right. Do they tow busses because they are too loud of because the smoke too much??? I guess the better start huh?
No kidding. The Cardinal busses down here and the Diversified busses up north smoke out the road all the time. And its out of an exhaust pipe down low, not a stack. We could have truck pulls on your road Jamie. Add some tire squeeling in there with the exhaust and engine noise, plus the smoke.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Now thats just mean..LOL. You would have to get video of that!
I wish my cajones were that big...

Quick Reply: 2001 Cummins = Too Loud Says Neighbour = Me GRRRR!!!