Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

12v Mods Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kelownadiesel
ya Id like to know what the egts are too Im debating this as well.Is this with the stock dv's ?Also what tranny mods are done?Just a simple tc and vb or what?Thanks

The EGT's are about the same during normal acceleration, but with these in it will wrap the pyro hard on this stock charger saw about 1500* right before I let out of it at the end of the run. It pulls good and hard on the street with just 3/4 throttle and egts stay under 1200 but once you push it past that 3/4 mark the pyro folds over quick.

This is with stock Dv's

This truck has a Goerend with a billet input shaft, that we installed about 3 weeks ago.

And I am ammazed of the cleanliness of these 370's they idle clean and run around town clean as well too.

Brett
Old 03-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

where did he get them from? you think they be ok towing or not. if i could find a good injector cheap that would increase my mpg and hp would be awesome.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by crabbelle
where did he get them from? you think they be ok towing or not. if i could find a good injector cheap that would increase my mpg and hp would be awesome.
He got them from us, If you put a valet switch in your truck you should be able to tow light with them. But they might not gain the mialage like a DDP would.

Brett
Old 03-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Thanks Brett,cant believe thats with the stock turbo,amazing,it must be begging for life.What kind of boost is it getting?Ive been thinking of 191's and a set of 370's for a bit now.My truck needs more for sure
Old 03-09-2008, 06:30 PM

It's keeping it wastegated @ 40psi on the street on the dyno it was making a little less i believe, they usually make around 5lbs less since the rollers dont load the truck like on the street.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:03 PM

dzlfarmboy:

Sounds like you dyno quite a few trucks. What's your best guess on HP/Torque for an otherwise stock 97 Auto after adding a #10 Plate and 3KGsk? I'm not after a lot of power just a nice reliable tow rig.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dzlfarmboy
Been working on a local 12v latley which is a 97 12v auto and before we did some pump tweaking, (100 Plate,Gov Shim,AFC Mods 16* timing). At that time it layed down 280hp & about 670tq uncorrected since then we've added (4k gsk, Mack rack Plug, 60lb springs & 18.5* timing) and tonite it put down 348hp & 804tq and the humidity was around 85* so I think we'll try it on a better day to hopfully see a lil more out of it. So it picked up about 68hp and 134tq with those mod changes. Just thought some of you guys would be intrested in these results, and that was with a stock charger and sticks. And the trucks baseline was 170hp and about as much torque as a Civic

Brett
Offroad read this ^, you are going to want more once get a 10 plate. what i got is pretty good. it roasted my stock clutch prety quick
Old 03-10-2008, 07:32 AM

Very good write up, helps understand what to expect from upgrades.

thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 AM

Is it 2008, or 1998?

What part of this has not been done before x100? Is there a question on what P7100 mods will do on the dyno? Fill me in if there is news here. I know I sound like a smart aZZ, but has this not been covered and if not why did we not cover it back in the day, can anyone tell me what the micrometer says for the distance from the shoulder on the "mack plug" to the end of the threads, if so a stock plug and a milling machine would hook you up for nothing. P.S. I figured out how to make a redneck 10 plate for about 20 minutes work, can you give me some money? (don't tell TDR about this).
Old 03-21-2008, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by westexhunt
What part of this has not been done before x100? Is there a question on what P7100 mods will do on the dyno? Fill me in if there is news here. I know I sound like a smart aZZ, but has this not been covered and if not why did we not cover it back in the day, can anyone tell me what the micrometer says for the distance from the shoulder on the "mack plug" to the end of the threads, if so a stock plug and a milling machine would hook you up for nothing. P.S. I figured out how to make a redneck 10 plate for about 20 minutes work, can you give me some money? (don't tell TDR about this).

There's alot of newcomers that like to know this information to help them get to their goal and sure it's been done plenty of times but who has took the time to do back to back dyno results of different mods and posted it for people to get a better idea of how much of a difference different mods make instead to the great SOTP feel dyno. So if you dont have anything positive to add to this thread it be best if you stay out of it.

Brett
Old 03-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
There's alot of newcomers that like to know this information to help them get to their goal and sure it's been done plenty of times but who has took the time to do back to back dyno results of different mods and posted it for people to get a better idea of how much of a difference different mods make instead to the great SOTP feel dyno. So if you dont have anything positive to add to this thread it be best if you stay out of it.

Brett
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brett:

Very well said Sir! We appreciate you sharing all of this information with the new DTR Members.

---------
John_P
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
westexhunt:

Sir, I would like to respectfully request that if you can't add anything positive to this thread, please just don't post. As Brett said, we have added ALOT of new Members here and many of them want and ask for this type of information on the older trucks. This testing and data is good information for many of newer Members to have when they want to know what a specific mod will add H.P./TQ wise to their truck.

Thank you.

---------
John_P
Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by John_P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
westexhunt:

Sir, I would like to respectfully request that if you can't add anything positive to this thread, please just don't post. As Brett said, we have added ALOT of new Members here and many of them want and ask for this type of information on the older trucks. This testing and data is good information for many of newer Members to have when they want to know what a specific mod will add H.P./TQ wise to their truck.

Thank you.

---------
John_P
I would agree John P and congrats Dzlfarmboy nice work keep it (cumming) The best and most important thing here is he is using the same test vehicle here every time and posting the actual results/graphs for all to see as they progress along with each step . Not just someones RUMORS or tales .
Old 03-23-2008, 05:02 AM

Thumbs up

What part of this has not been done before x100? Is there a question on what P7100 mods will do on the dyno? Fill me in if there is news here. I know I sound like a smart aZZ, but has this not been covered and if not why did we not cover it back in the day,.
Alot of us were NOT around "back in the day" and YES you DO sound like a
smart aZZ.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:04 AM

Brett
Thank you VERY MUCH Brett! Most appreciated for sure!

Quick Reply: 12v Mods Dyno Results