Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

1000 mile update on 275's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1000 mile update on 275's

After a 1000 miles with these injectors I'll have to say I'm impressed. The in town driveability is greatly improved. The truck idles as smooth as a sewing machine which is pretty cool. Smoke is very easily controlled. Even with the comp on 5x5, it's very easy to control the smoke. With the comp on 2x2, the truck is a dream to drive. The power is there right now and there's very little, if any, smoke. Freeway on ramps are a blast. It takes aboslutely nothing to hit 90 and I've caught myself cruising at 105 several times without even realizing it. So far the transmission is holding although the temps climb to 180 just sitting at a couple of lights where as before it took a little while longer. It's to be expected though so I'm not to worried. Fluid is getting flushed and the filter changed soon anyways.

I've had the comp turned off for the past couple of days and at first, I wasn't impressed with the power the injectors gave me. But as time wore on, I've come to like it. It's still got plenty of power to get up and run but not enough to toast the tranny. The tranny temps are staying down around 140 a lot more often instead of 180 which makes me feel good. I actually like the little power increase with these injectors. I retract my previous statement of being disappointed with them with the comp off.

I can't give ya mileage numbers because to tell you the truth I've had an incredibly hard time keeping my foot out of it. But, on my last tank I got 13.5 mpg flooring it absolutely everywhere and with the comp on 2x2. On this tank with the comp off, I'm sitting at 80 miles and have yet to come off the full mark where as before I would have burned almost an 1/8 of a tank. I'll let yall know after this tank what the mileage does.

Overall I'm impressed with these injectors. No it's not the kick in the rump increase that the comp was and at first I was disappointed but now I'm not. They give a nice little increase in power which is perfect for around town cruising. I know why people say that these injectors with an EZ is the perfect towing combination. Lots of power but not enough to shred stuff.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:07 PM

I would be very careful flushing your tranny! The ford PS i drive at work has 65,000 miles on it and not one problem with the tranny till the mechanics decided to do preventitve maintanance. Now it has has a brand new trannyin it. Took about 2 weeks after the flush to give up.
Unless it will be your excuse to upgrade
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Banned

Hmm. Intresting. I've had it done once about 2 years ago and I figure it's time to do it again. Maybe I'll just drop the pan and change that fluid and the filter.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big blue did ya tap the wire??
Old 04-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

Not yet. I ain't got the money for a new tranny. Hopefully that'll be end of the year. After that, it's on.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:29 AM

Great info - thanks! Your write-up has pretty much pushed me over the edge on getting a set of 275's next week. I, too, have heard great things about the 275/EZ combination so that's my ultimate plan.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Banned

You'll love it. It's amazing what a new set of injectors can do for you. I've also got to say that Electronic Injection Services was great to deal with. Great customer service. If you want, drop me a PM and I'll get you there number. By the way, I'm not affiliated with them in any way/shape/or form, just a very satisfied customer.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 AM

I'm stuck with just the 275's and I like em, already craving more!! Like that wasn't gonna happen, I've heard the 275's give a bit more MPG, but I usually see to it that they don't Bigblue did ur FP show a change with the new injectors and ur fuel system?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Yeah. It dropped by about a pound at WOT from 12 to 11. No big deal. Once I start working more and getting some more money, I'm gonna call up Scotty and get his custom adapters and max flow kit.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:47 AM

Re: 1000 mile update on 275's

Originally posted by BigBlue
Even with the comp on 5x5, it's very easy to control the smoke. With the comp on 2x2, the truck is a dream to drive.

Dont you mean 1x5, & 1x2?

You cant get out of the first setting without tapping the wire. Atleast, thats how it worked on my truck.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

True. But since the little display reads 5 bars, I call it 5x5.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
True. But since the little display reads 5 bars, I call it 5x5.
But it's confusing to people like me. You say you get 5x5 power with out the wire tapped, and that's missleading. Get your story straight boy.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned

My story is straight. At least in my head.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My wire is un tapped also , and yes Big blue your confuising us with the numbers , I find the power comes on to late on sub level 2 , almost like is defueling, only sub level 3 to 5 I find give ya a kick. I know what your sayn with the levels though, I set mine up like that also so ya dont have to go into the sub levels to cange just hit the power levels. 1x1 , 2x2 , 3x3 , 4x4 , 5x5. Good post though keep us updated , and you owe me $280 for my new 275s because I wasn't gettn them untill I red your post.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by oscaroc
I would be very careful flushing your tranny! The ford PS i drive at work has 65,000 miles on it and not one problem with the tranny till the mechanics decided to do preventitve maintanance. Now it has has a brand new trannyin it. Took about 2 weeks after the flush to give up.
Unless it will be your excuse to upgrade
I have heard of that on quite a few occasions and got the chance to inspect a couple of those trannys going bad two weeks after a filter change. It was a psd with an e4od, what I found was the filter tube where it goes up into the body had the "O" ring seal crooked, and one other had double "O" rings. After I replaced the filter and "O" ring seal it was fine. Any time you experience a tranny problem right after a filter change, the mechinut did something wrong. I change tranny filters all the time and have never had one come back with a failure. I have saved a lot of trannys by this also.

Quick Reply: 1000 mile update on 275's