Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

And You Think You're A Good Dad.........

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called my Mom after I forwarded her the link(s). I said "Wanna feel like a crappy parent, watch this!". I admitted to her that I was touched by the story and over sadness I felt for people that are disabled and such. But honestly, it really is a reality check for us parents

Kind of unrelated, but I thought I would share:
I was watching a show the other day about a guy running 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. It really makes you stop and think. Every get aggravated because you forget something in your car and have to walk back?
<deep, loud, annoying breath> There are people out there making it HAPPEN while 98% of us find stuff to complain about in daily life!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The part that makes this hit me so close, is that when my son Robbie was born he too was strangled by his cord. He came out not breathing and they had to perform CPR on him right beside the bed to get him to breathe. It took over 2 minutes for him to start breathing and they honestly thought he would have brain damage for being out of air that long.

Luckily we were blessed from God or whoever.....but my little guy turned out 100% normal and he is the best gift to me ever!! I've never been so thankful of anything in my life and I honestly will probably never!!

I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a kid that has the disabilities that Rick does, but for a man to do that much for his kid is truely a HERO......no other way to explain it. That man is truely a HERO!!!!!!!

~Nick
Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All right you bassits, just reading your post is getting me misty now!

I have to unsubscribe from the thread or something.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree it is a great story of the love of a father for his son and son for his father.

Rick
Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
one word...thanks!