Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

You gotta check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You gotta check this out.

TECH SUPPORT COULD NOT BELIEVE. Gotta be in Florida...<br><br>This you have to see to believe.<br><br>The phone rings:<br><br>Tech support: &quot;Hello computer tech support.&quot;<br><br>Customer: &quot;Hello my computer was making a strange hissing noise last night <br>and this morning when I turned it on there was a crackling noise and some <br>smoke then nothing, if I bring it in can you fix it?&quot;<br><br>Take a look at the pictures.....you won't believe it!!!!<br><br>http://www.uq.edu.au/education/extra/all.html<br>
Old 02-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:You gotta check this out.

Now that is something I have never seen or heard of before. Talk about freaky!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm.... A little B-B-Q snake anyone?<br><br>I imagine the snake was going after the squirrel thats running inside these machines that make them work!<br><br> <br><br>Rich
Old 02-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Is that one of those &quot;Trojan Worms&quot; that the network guys keep warning me about? ;D
Old 02-06-2003, 12:24 AM

just curious but can anyone tell me what kinda snake that is? [undecided]
Old 02-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Chapter President

Looks like a &quot;dead&quot; snake to me
Old 02-06-2003, 04:48 AM

Wow That's really something!! (Something I wouldn't want to find in my computer tower!!) Does your computer work now?
Old 02-06-2003, 05:34 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Along those same lines. We had a large, wide carriage, dot matrix printer come into the shop a couple of weeks ago. The work order stated that the printer was tripping the circuit breaker. Our tech powered it up and notice a smell of burning hair and then of burning meat. More in depth examination uncovered a mouse nest in the power supply. The mouse was well done.<br>Tasted a lot like limb rat.<br><br>shortround out
Old 02-06-2003, 08:52 AM

...If that had been my computer on my desk...I would have had to do 2 things...change clothes and get a new computer...I hate snakes!!!!!<br><br>We lived on my n-laws horse ranch for a number of years in the trainers quarters. There is an 80 gal electric hot water heater for the horse wash rack. Every once in a while due to the water having so many minerals in it ..the heating element would crust over and short out. It was my job(as a good son-n-law) to replace the elements in the heater. Now keep in mind that this is a 220 volt heater with 2 elements..1 top and 1 bottom. I took the panels off one morning to change the elements out and found a RAT the size of a cat or what was left of him over the electrical contacts...<br> I went around the barn and told my brother-n-law that the power was off of the heater..go a head and change the stuff out..He got the honor of pealing the rat off to get to the bolts... <br><br>Rick
Old 02-06-2003, 09:24 AM

[quote author=rharveysr link=board=10;threadid=10594;start=0#101323 date=1044543143]<br>...If that had been my computer on my desk...I would have had to do 2 things...change clothes and get a new computer...I hate snakes!!!!!<br><br>We lived on my n-laws horse ranch for a number of years in the trainers quarters. There is an<br><br> 80 gal electric hot water heater <br><br><br>for the horse wash rack. Every once in a while due to the water having so many minerals in it ..the heating element would crust over and short out. It was my job(as a good son-n-law) to replace the elements in the heater. Now keep in mind that this is a 220 volt heater with 2 elements..1 top and 1 bottom. I took the panels off one morning to change the elements out and found a RAT the size of a cat or what was left of him over the electrical contacts...<br> I went around the barn and told my brother-n-law that the power was off of the heater..go a head and change the stuff out..He got the honor of pealing the rat off to get to the bolts... <br><br>Rick<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't understand if you got hot water Why do you need to heat it? ??? ??? <br><br>Around we just have water heaters. :<br><br>Our hot water is hot enough. ;D ;D<br><br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 02-06-2003, 03:54 PM

one word....LAPTOP
Old 02-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Gee, I just figured it out. : For the entire eight years I had six different snakes in the house, I didn't have any company. Now, I have three rottweilers in the house and I still don't have any company. ;D (be quiet Dennis) ;D<br>I usually catch about three ot four black snakes and turn them loose under the house every year. Best mouse trap ever invented. Didn't do it this year and I'm paying for it.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:54 PM

The snake was hungry and heard that computers had a &quot;mouse pad&quot;. Should be good for a few meals. <br><br>I was in the garage one day reaching for a wrench out of the tool box when I saw the head of what I thought was one of my kids rubber snakes sitting next to the top box (kids saw that on a bloopers show) ... until it moved that dang slimy tongue. Scared the bejeezus out of me !!!<br> Grabbed the closest weapon (Daisy bb gun) and open fired !!! I probably have two dozen little dents in that tool box now but the snake won't be sneaking up on anyone again.<br><br>PISTOL