Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ya'll be Good Children for Santa Breakroom 12/15 - 21

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK - - first things first.......................................
Ph00 comes before the morning piddle - - yeh - - well, maybe sometimes........

Morning all. Hey Bark - - wifey says you guys are in for 5" today - - or did she say tomorrow - - anyway, 5". Fun. Enjoy. I know you will not know how to handle it. LOL

I must add to the Today's Thought, Scott. Christmas is even more than the things listed, which are all good. But, it is to remember and consider the importance to all of us of the birth of a little baby in Bethlehem 2000 years ago who is the Savior of all mankind. Wow, what a day and event.

OK, the blonde is coming home - gotta get everything all ship shape - - can't let her know I life like a pig when she is not around (NOT). I don't want her to see a bunch of little things she has to do here when she gets back - - she has done enough for a while - - need to baby and pamper her a little bit and let her recover. So, with that said, I am off and running. Have a great day.

Bob
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
This is why grammar is SO important!
Problem is he is from Canada. I think they spell it grammer there.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey Bark - - wifey says you guys are in for 5" today - - or did she say tomorrow - - anyway, 5". Fun. Enjoy. I know you will not know how to handle it.
Dang, for once they were right. It did snow. Seattle + Snow = Destruction Derby.
I have gotten roped into driving kids around and stuff.
They try to make it sound like they need my driving "skills" but its really so they can go back to sleep.

Slip sliding away.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob

OK, the blonde is coming home - gotta get everything all ship shape - - can't let her know I life like a pig when she is not around (NOT). I don't want her to see a bunch of little things she has to do here when she gets back - - she has done enough for a while - - need to baby and pamper her a little bit and let her recover. So, with that said, I am off and running. Have a great day.

Bob
Careful bob you are on a slippery slope there.....you don't want to overdo the clean up or she may think you can get along just fine without her

Women like to feel needed (which of course they are) so leave just a little so she can KNOW how life would be miserable for you without her Then you can do a little "panic" clean up while she rests so she can feel like the queen of the palace like we all know she should feel
Old 12-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Careful bob you are on a slippery slope there.....you don't want to overdo the clean up or she may think you can get along just fine without her

Women like to feel needed (which of course they are) so leave just a little so she can KNOW how life would be miserable for you without her Then you can do a little "panic" clean up while she rests so she can feel like the queen of the palace like we all know she should feel
Hmmmm, words of wisdom from someone who blew it????? Could it be????...........

Hey, I'm a better man because of my baby - - miss her.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:44 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Congrats BARK, another grandchild to spoil and send home to the kids.
This is how my day went yesterday.
Arrived at work 5:45 AM as usual. Foot of snow in the parking lot, the snow removal people were backed up. Got out of the Jeep only to hear this awful screaming noise coming from somewhere inside the building. Couldn't get the door open. Tried another, same thing. Went around to the other side to the flight ops offices and got in. The floor was wet, ah, soaked. The closer I got to the hangar, the more water there was. Then ice. That's why I couldn't get the other doors open, froze shut from the inside. Got into the hangar and there was 2-4" of ice on the floor with a layer of water on it. The screaming noise was from the last working heater, now non working heater. Pipe froze and burst flooding the hangar, maintenance office, and parts room. Then freezing. The flight ops area still had heat so it just got soaked. Finally after waking up the land lord we got the water shut off. Borrowed a Herman-Nelson and concentrated on thawing the floor drain in the hangar so I could pry it open after the land lord sealed it shut last summer. Ice is still slowly melting, just can't get it warm enough to go any faster.
So, howz your day going?
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 PM
DTR Mom

Talking

Amen, Topper! needed and loved is right! at home though, amazing the offers you get from strangers at the hardware store, grocery, NAPA, ect...

Cougar, wow what a mess by your lonesome....call the corporate guys to come help....use a different name. did herman and nelson help?
is that a salamander?

Sean ol buddy ol pal!!! besides getting buried in drifts, you get hassled for missing the drift.....snicker snicker. kinda what I feel like when T rad chimes in on stuff I need pointed out. sharp guy, miss his humor but then we still have Bark....

got sent some pics and a story on a charter fishing vessel picking up four deer at sea. exhausted. Sitka news had the story "went fishing and caught some deer"

NE farmhand, 8:30 bedtime means 1. you weren't alone or 2. you busted a body part today. faxing you some fresh women...
Old 12-20-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice peaceful day hanging out at girlfriends house till she gets off work then back to my house and get every thing ready for Christmas for the kids.
Planning on letting everyone know about our plans to get married in June, unless like she says I come to my sences
Old 12-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Sean ol buddy ol pal!!! besides getting buried in drifts, you get hassled for missing the drift.....snicker snicker. kinda what I feel like when T rad chimes in on stuff I need pointed out. sharp guy, miss his humor but then we still have Bark....
JWBM - I went back and forth this morning about how to get myself out of being the butt of everyone's warped sense of humor and I came up with no good options. To be fair, that might be more of a comment on the company I keep around here than on me, but either way the end result is the same. Sooooo, I think I will let the topic die a natural death We start a new breakroom in less than 48 hours and I hope by then someone else will have done or said something weird that will take the focus off me.

Usually I could count on Chaikwa, T-Rad, Bark, Cincydiesel, Twitch or any other of a number of creative misfits but lately everyone seems to be on their best, if somewhat bizarre, behavior.

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
nice peaceful day hanging out at girlfriends house till she gets off work then back to my house
Railroader, I have read this post multiple times and I think you have the whole 'girlfriend experience' all messed up. You are supposed to stay at your place until she is home and then go visit her NOT stay at her place when she is away and then go home and be alone at your place when she comes home to her place.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing Tallguy, "heīs got that backwards"

Cougar, my day was better than yours, thatīs for sure...

No more work this year, Holidays are here and Iīm almost ready for it, just got some small stuff to get worked out.
No snow so far, and thereīs absolutely no sign of it...about 40F and raining
But I donīt care, Iīm gonna enjoy the Holiday, Family, good food, Cold beer and a nice Cold schnaps.

Slev
Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Man, what a change today - - it has been cold down here lately - - down in the high 40's at night and 70ish during the day. I had to bundle all up. Suddenly last night the low was 67 and today it is 83 in my lanai. Wow, ready to shut up and put on the AC. Had to change into my shorts. I think I finally got to Florida. LOL
Old 12-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Amen, Topper! needed and loved is right! at home though, amazing the offers you get from strangers at the hardware store, grocery, NAPA, ect...
Yeah I am still embarrassed about that incident at Napa...but you can't blame it entirely on me.......I didn't recognize you without the camel
Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts

Cougar, wow what a mess by your lonesome....call the corporate guys to come help....use a different name. did herman and nelson help?
is that a salamander?
A Herman-Nelson is a mobile heating unit commonly used around the aviation circuit for preheating engines and warming aircraft. And they both helped
The Land Lord was Johnny on the spot this morning. He brought in a clean up crew and I now have 4 working heaters Cranked if up to the Florida setting (90°) and the ice went quickly, it's also warmer today. Still have some things froze to the concrete.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cougar
Congrats BARK, another grandchild to spoil and send home to the kids.
This is how my day went yesterday.
Arrived at work 5:45 AM as usual. Foot of snow in the parking lot, the snow removal people were backed up. Got out of the Jeep only to hear this awful screaming noise coming from somewhere inside the building. Couldn't get the door open. Tried another, same thing. Went around to the other side to the flight ops offices and got in. The floor was wet, ah, soaked. The closer I got to the hangar, the more water there was. Then ice. That's why I couldn't get the other doors open, froze shut from the inside. Got into the hangar and there was 2-4" of ice on the floor with a layer of water on it. The screaming noise was from the last working heater, now non working heater. Pipe froze and burst flooding the hangar, maintenance office, and parts room. Then freezing. The flight ops area still had heat so it just got soaked. Finally after waking up the land lord we got the water shut off. Borrowed a Herman-Nelson and concentrated on thawing the floor drain in the hangar so I could pry it open after the land lord sealed it shut last summer. Ice is still slowly melting, just can't get it warm enough to go any faster.
So, howz your day going?
You know you have got to have some good luck headed your way next year, you certainly got more than your share of bad luck this year.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:35 PM
DTR Mom

all is well, Top! my friends gave me a hoodie with "stunt double" on the back. seems like everyone knows my voice, so I am covered. I did think that the use of trip wire was romantic with your pick up line.......

Thanks for the Florida weather, Bob !!! high of 63 here Sunday. gonna watch the village flood from what the weather guessers are saying....

got the wood boxes filled up, swapped around and loaded up the soft wood trailer for a good burn mix. Christmas eve will be around 15 degrees. probably an ice skating rink as well......

Sean, you are safe from ridicule as the company you keep will not harass an honest man. and all here love food products or recipes for such
did you get the maple spice I sent? I used it on sausage for breakfast with pancakes mmmm but my Texas buddy use it for ribs in a dry rub and glaze for a sweet taste to cool the spice. he used it flat out with chicken...

Cougar, you deserve every bit of good that comes your way. Congrats on the future nuptials (that's getting married to the aviator guys) need a judge to do the ceremony? in flight? har har har

got a visitor sleeping on the couch , got to get something nice on the dinnertable......

Quick Reply: Ya'll be Good Children for Santa Breakroom 12/15 - 21