Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Work/Hiking Boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I've had various Justin, Rocky and Redwing boots, but the ones I like best are Danner.

They aren't cheap, but they are comfortable right out of the box and seem to last.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Redwings all the way!! Boots and shoes.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya White's are great also look at Danners, they are also really nice.

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
Ive had

Justin workboots, wolverines, and currently im at double H boots. Justins seem to last about a year, wolverines and redwings bout a year and a half, and so far the double H have been best to me, at goin on two years with one pair that i use every other day, i have two or three pairs of boots and i alternate them, Ive not had redwings yet but ive never been that fond of them...

Rick
Old 05-17-2006, 02:26 PM

For those of you who like Wolverines, you might check out the Stanley boots that Payless carries. They are made by Wolverine, only a lot less expensive.

I have had several pairs of boots over the years, loved my Wolverines, but about a year and a half was the max on them.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:31 PM

right now since I'm still growing I have Herman Survivors, they've been good to me. The pair I've got on right now has lasted 8 months whearing them every day and seems to be nowhere near worn out, and that's with many many miles of walking through rough plowed fields with them to.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:47 PM

Red wings are great boots, i wear them to work every day, but i shure would'nt want to hike any distance in them.

For hiking and a great allaround boot i wear LL Bean Cresta hikers, very comfotable and great ankle support, a pair will last me 2-3 years of daily wear.

Rick
Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 PM

Ive been trying these L.L. BEAN boots and they are pretty durable very close to my redwings they stand up real well to concrete dust which will destory most boots.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

ok, boots are just like most other things. you either get a "do-all" pair or a few pairs of specialty boots.

Personally, I have a pair of wolverine laceup steel toed work boots that I only wear for work.
I have a pair of Redhead boots that I only wear for hunting. They have insanely soft soles so traction is great.
I have a pair of Georgia boots that I wear for working around the house and running around in.
I have a pair of sneakers that I wear at the gym.
I have a pair of loafers and a pair of cowboy boots that I wear when going out.
My point is that I find I get the best life out of boots or shoes by wearing them for what they were intended.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Herman survivors are pretty good for the money and can be bought at Wally world.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 PM

Old Thread

A bunch of replies here:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ight=work+boot

Chippewa for me.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:52 PM

rougher on boots than all you guys, danner is best ive found. been thru redwings wolverines chippewa etc they dont last me as long. catch fire too easy. sliding up columns and climbing down.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:03 PM

I wear redwing loggers, they last me about 2 years. Been buying em for about 10 years now. Wear them every day, for everything. Even to church sometimes. Got a pair of redwing lineman steel toes, and the logger plain toes. Just bought me a pair of Georgia ranch wellingtons for my "nice" boots. Don't do much hiking though, can't help you there.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 PM

Another vote for Danners, a little pricey but you get what you pay for and they will stand behind them. I know guys that have gotten new boots well over a year after purchase because of a water leak. I like the Danner Light II's for everyday work and kicking around, gortex with no insolation.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:49 PM

My feet are the happiest with Rockport. I use them mostly for hiking but they are great just for standing on concrete shop floors. Don't believe they are made with steel toes tho.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Weg

Seems everyone has thier own preference on what works best for them. From what i have found people have had ALOT better luck with wolverines then I have had. But at the price compaired to some Gerogia's that have lasted me a year I am not sure the next brand of boot I will buy.

Quick Reply: Work/Hiking Boots