Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Won ebay bid on dually

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
That's what I mean. He's a paid bidder.
Looks like there was some ghost bidding going on.
It doesn't matter, Herb won with "Buy it now". Good looking truck, Herb.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 PM

I think Ebay speak is kind of funny, Herb didn't win <edit>*. He paid for every nut and bolt!

*....profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by triplenickel
I think Ebay spaek is kind of funny, Herb didn't win <edit>.
Yeah I guess "BUY it now" speaks for itself.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Herb:

That is a great looking truck.
I love black vehicles (when they are clean).
Just hate cleaning them (all the time.)
Old 11-19-2005, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Anyone notice that the seller can't even spell Cummins right?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 AM

Yup, I noticed that guy was bidding on several trucks a couple weeks ago. How can that happen on E-Bay??
Old 11-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice looking truck Herb. I have to say you're a much braver man than I am. I guess if you do your homework you should be okay, but I'd never even CONSIDER buying something that expensive on Ebay. And, when I do buy stuff, I am VERY picky about who I buy from (nothing fishy and must have 100% positive feedback). Selling isn't as risky as buying. I sell stuff all the time (hehehe...I have my old stock exhaust system listed on Ebay as we speak).
Old 11-19-2005, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
Yup, I noticed that guy was bidding on several trucks a couple weeks ago. How can that happen on E-Bay??
dealer maybe ? i know i had several bids going at one time but the bids were small enough that had i won them all i could have resold and made a few bucks
Old 11-19-2005, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Hoss
Nice looking truck Herb. I have to say you're a much braver man than I am. I guess if you do your homework you should be okay, but I'd never even CONSIDER buying something that expensive on Ebay. And, when I do buy stuff, I am VERY picky about who I buy from (nothing fishy and must have 100% positive feedback). Selling isn't as risky as buying. I sell stuff all the time (hehehe...I have my old stock exhaust system listed on Ebay as we speak).
i've bought 4 trucks off ebay and "knock on wood" done ok .
Old 11-19-2005, 08:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Better check the spare tire and see if there is sea weed or fish on top! lol I pulled a carfax on the vin and it said this baby was used to pull shrimp boats out of the gulf!

I'm just pulling your "left" leg herb. Nice truck.

No, I'm not associated with the lizard guys. I was here first!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:20 AM

Better check the spare tire and see if there is sea weed or fish on top! lol I pulled a carfax on the vin and it said this baby was used to pull shrimp boats out of the gulf!

I'm just pulling your "left" leg herb. Nice truck.

No, I'm not associated with the lizard guys. I was here first!
they pull shrimp boats with Fords Oil rig platforms with Dodges
Old 11-19-2005, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI back in July it had all the ball joints replaced, one axle U joint, and I see it has had the rear driveshaft replaced. 7/100K cummins warranty transfers with truck, $100.00 deduct (verify that with a dealer, but it looks like it's in place).
Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by J BODY
FYI back in July it had all the ball joints replaced, one axle U joint, and I see it has had the rear driveshaft replaced. 7/100K cummins warranty transfers with truck, $100.00 deduct (verify that with a dealer, but it looks like it's in place).
Fairly routine stuff when it was used for sled pulling and a stand in truck for the Dukes of Hazard movie. They didn't jump it too high. At least Daisy Duke sat in it!.

(Geico is having almost as much fun teasing herb as he does trying to figure out who changed the name of the "Skuttlebutt" thread) (BTW we are still looking for members to join the upcoming DTR coup attempt, currently membership is 1....me. ) (Maybe Geico should change his name to "The Lone Ranger")
Old 11-19-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fairly routine stuff when it was used for sled pulling and a stand in truck for the Dukes of Hazard movie. They didn't jump it too high. At least Daisy Duke sat in it!.

(Geico is having almost as much fun teasing herb as he does trying to figure out who changed the name of the "Skuttlebutt" thread) (BTW we are still looking for members to join the upcoming DTR coop attempt, currently membership is 1....me. ) (Maybe Geico should change his name to "The Lone Ranger")
Yeah....the same guy that talks down on all dealer techs.....but has one work on his own rig in the off time.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:55 AM

Congrats Herb. Nice lookin truck but I think that I saw a Bush/Cheney sticker on the back.

Quick Reply: Won ebay bid on dually