Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Women and car maintanence

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, that was comical... a tad exaggerate, but funny.

You forgot the ironic part; the wife probably picked you up in the car she took to Jiffy Lube, with the empty, left over coffee cup beside your feet on the freshly vacuumed passenger floor.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm luck the girl I'm dating doesn't know how to do the maintenance but, at least mentions when it needs to be done and helps if she can. Rotated her tires as our third date actually. She even help and knew what I torque wrench was, I was surprised to say the least. She knows the basics and keeps track of maintenance using the owners manual. She takes alot of pride in her truck(silverado)
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is amazing how some vehicles just keep on ticking.

I've to a '93 Dakota with 268,000 miles on the original exhaust system. Changed tires and brakes probably 3 times. Just replaced rear axle seals and bearings. Replaced rack and pinion because I had a torn boot and got one off of Ebay for $40 that was barely used. And oh, the radio is now difficult to adjust volume! I just check fluids and go... been using JD-Plus 50 oil its entire life.

The difference between men and woman's driving, maintenance habits are learned. If the young girl isn't influenced by "someone" as to what, when, why, where, how then they grow up clueless!!

An example: My FIL never taught his daughters ANYTHING about cars. And he was a machinist. My wife didn't get her drivers' license until she was 21. She didn't need it. She got a ride to school with a neighbor, got a job 3 blocks from her house..... She finally bought a car 'cause her dad came to her work one day and asked her if she had a car would she get her drivers' license? She said, "Sure". She was still working as he talked. He came back a little while later with a lima bean green Mustang. He went in, got her, asked her to look and see if she liked the car. She walked out, said it's "OK" and went back inside to work. He came back a while later and handed her the keys. And then said, "Here's the payment book" as he left.

A few months latter had a flat tire on the highway about 6 miles from town. Someone stopped to change the tire for her and suggested she get the tire fixed and not drive too far without a spare. Not knowing where to get a tire fixed she guessed you had to take it to where you bought it. So..... she took the tire to the DEALER to get it fixed.

She ended up buying a new car off the show room floor at sticker price. The salesmen was the owner of the dealership!! A man only concerned about his own welfare.

Folks, there's a lesson to learn here. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW TO LIVE ON THEIR OWN AS THEY ARE GROWING UP.

Yea, and the other side of this lesson is, I'm not a cook!