Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Women..ARGH!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Women..ARGH!

Ok so just so everyone knows, im not sexist or anything...just have to share my story and vent some fumes! As some of you know, my girlfriend's dad is a truck driver, he drives a nice KW T2000 with a Cat I6 engine...Anyways, he was coming through town today and asked if I could help him change the belts so the girlfriend and I went and met him at the parking lot to change the belts....it was hot outside, so she sat in the cab while her dad and I worked...I was kneeled down on top of the engine loosening the alternator to get the top belts off, and he was on the side of it fishing the bottom belts out around the fan...as he is doing this, i hear from the cab: "hey dad whats this do?" He says "what??" Next thing I know, my heart is pacing, ben(her dad) is cursing and falling backwards, and I am very thankful that my balance is good....

Little did I know that she found out how the air horn works......

Luckily the valve cover on the CAT engine can take the strain of a person jumping about three feet in the air on top of it...ARGHHH!!

Thank you for letting me vent...
Old 08-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Hahaha, that was funny. Sucks that that happed but still funny.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just be glad you were not the one to hit the horn!!!

You are in his graces bud!!!

Rick
Old 08-21-2006, 07:17 AM

We were at a car wreck a few years ago, in the middle of the night. It was cold, maybe 15 degrees, and all the firefighters were just waiting for the coroner to show up. A few people were in the trucks getting warm, some were hanging out near the exhaust pipes to warm their hands, and the rest including me were leaning on the front bumpers of two engines that were parked face to face. The guy in the front passenger seat fell asleep and stepped on the air horn pedal, for 3 or 4 seconds. You should have seen the people jumping. Looked like a covey of quail flushing.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Timberman
We were at a car wreck a few years ago, in the middle of the night. It was cold, maybe 15 degrees, and all the firefighters were just waiting for the coroner to show up. A few people were in the trucks getting warm, some were hanging out near the exhaust pipes to warm their hands, and the rest including me were leaning on the front bumpers of two engines that were parked face to face. The guy in the front passenger seat fell asleep and stepped on the air horn pedal, for 3 or 4 seconds. You should have seen the people jumping. Looked like a covey of quail flushing.
glad im not the only one that jumps at the sound of an air horn in my face!!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

good thing she didnt hit the starter instead. i'd rather be temporarily deaf instead of missing fingers.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
good thing she didnt hit the starter instead. i'd rather be temporarily deaf instead of missing fingers.
I was just thinking that.

Sounds like its time to put a lockout on the air horn valve.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Originally Posted by ratat98
Ok so just so everyone knows, im not sexist or anything...just have to share my story and vent some fumes! As some of you know, my girlfriend's dad is a truck driver, he drives a nice KW T2000 with a Cat I6 engine...Anyways, he was coming through town today and asked if I could help him change the belts so the girlfriend and I went and met him at the parking lot to change the belts....it was hot outside, so she sat in the cab while her dad and I worked...I was kneeled down on top of the engine loosening the alternator to get the top belts off, and he was on the side of it fishing the bottom belts out around the fan...as he is doing this, i hear from the cab: "hey dad whats this do?" He says "what??" Next thing I know, my heart is pacing, ben(her dad) is cursing and falling backwards, and I am very thankful that my balance is good....

Little did I know that she found out how the air horn works......

Luckily the valve cover on the CAT engine can take the strain of a person jumping about three feet in the air on top of it...ARGHHH!!

Thank you for letting me vent...
That is SOME Women Not all
Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Banned

You see Cin I was just waiting for you to post on this thread and in the past I would have been really confused.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:28 PM

hehehe, Thanks JD.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Banned

That is something my wife would do on purpose.......that and sneak up behind me and pinch my butt and yell. I absolutely hate that. Scares the out of me.

I got her back the other night. We went for a walk down the pasture road, since we live in a pasture in a barn that we built a house in, and while walking, I saw a smashed Pepsi can in the road. Knowing that we have Timber Rattlers on our place and kill four or five every year, the wife is a little scared of snakes. After I stepped over it, I jumped and went "hey!". She 'bout lost it. I still have bruises on my arm!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM

Thats a pretty good one still laughing my behind off on that one.LOL
Old 08-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

I was swapping out the headlight on my Avalanche and my girlfriend decided it was a good time to clean it out ( since I let her drive it ), so I'm workin away under the hood mindin' my own business.......and she some how managed to set off the dang car alarm........well just so happens the siren is pointing directly in my face that just so happens to be about 6" away from it!!!!

Man it was funny as heck but talk about makin your heart skip a couple beats!!! LOL

~Nick

Although I'm glad it wasn't an air horn...........
Old 08-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
I was swapping out the headlight on my Avalanche and my girlfriend decided it was a good time to clean it out ( since I let her drive it ), so I'm workin away under the hood mindin' my own business.......and she some how managed to set off the dang car alarm........well just so happens the siren is pointing directly in my face that just so happens to be about 6" away from it!!!!

Man it was funny as heck but talk about makin your heart skip a couple beats!!! LOL

~Nick

Although I'm glad it wasn't an air horn...........
Just remember, you can't hit a woman, but you can sure soak her down with a water hose if she scares the out of you!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:31 PM

After experiencing a similar event (on purpose) I now carry one of those small air horn canisters around in the truck with me. I have had so much fun with that thing on camping trips and such that I can honestly say is is one of the best purchases ($20 give or take) I have ever made.

Quick Reply: Women..ARGH!