Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Winter Time DTR Water Cooler/ Coffee Pot. 12.12.10 - 12.18.10

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
So.

So can I....... And my beer will stay cold.
Yeah, but I will stay warm in just shorts. Face it, I'm doing better than you for now..

Anyone heard from Heidi lately?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah, but I will stay warm in just shorts. Face it, I'm doing better than you for now..

I may not be able to sit in short, but I'm never too hot. I actually love snow and cold weather, maybe its cause I'm still young and like to ice fish and snowmobile.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Yeah, but I will stay warm in just shorts. Face it, I'm doing better than you for now.
I would rather be outside where you are at right now. Are you away from lights enough to see the meteor shower? Its supposed to peak on tuesday (I think).

Last I heard from Heidi was that she was still planning on her trip up here this summer but that was at least a month ago.

Originally Posted by Purplezr2
I actually love snow and cold weather, maybe its cause I'm still young and like to ice fish and snowmobile.
I think thats my problem. I have two snowmobiles I havent used in at least four years--same with my ice fishing stuff.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Bark
I would rather be outside where you are at right now. Are you away from lights enough to see the meteor shower? Its supposed to peak on tuesday (I think).

Last I heard from Heidi was that she was still planning on her trip up here this summer but that was at least a month ago.
I am far enough away, but I did not know there was a shower going on.

I hope she's ok.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I am far enough away, but I did not know there was a shower going on.

I hope she's ok.
Yeah. This is the longest I have seen her away from DTR.

Meteor shower peaks http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors plus a lunar eclipse on the night of the 20th.

Well Im going back out to freeze.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Maybe I'll see some before I leave to go to work in the morning...
Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 PM

If not, late tomorrow night is supposed to be better. For your area I think (I could be wrong) looking NorthEast is the best but they seem to show up anywhere.
Yikes I am cold! I had been sitting in a plastic chair outside (its now -5f) and no beer (poor planning). Oh well, time to get my eyes adjusted to the dark and go back out for awhile.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 AM

Haaa! I win!! Tonights frozen idiot on crutches in the snow looking for shooting stars award. gotta be some money in it or I wouldnt be doing it unless Im stupid glad I have pointy things on my crutches or I would still be laying out there hot bathtub no pictures please
Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Haaa! I win!! Tonights frozen idiot on crutches in the snow looking for shooting stars award. gotta be some money in it or I wouldnt be doing it unless Im stupid glad I have pointy things on my crutches or I would still be laying out there hot bathtub no pictures please
Your prize is Lary's nightgown. Enjoy.

A 30 second acceptance speech is expected at a momentous occasion such as this.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Funny-lookin' white stuff fallin' outta the sky this AM.
Just a dusting.... thank goodness.

I hope we don't have another winter like last year.
Wifey has her Landcruiser 3 hours away at Casa Del Shovelhead, so that leaves me with the front wheel drive '86 Aries for a foul weather vehicle.
I don't think it's going to handle well in 36" of snow......
Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
so that leaves me with the front wheel drive '86 Aries for a foul weather vehicle.
I don't think it's going to handle well in 36" of snow......
A set of chains and you'll be just fine.......

Snow here too. Only a half inch or so though......
Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
1897 - The comic strip"The Katzenjammer Kids" (Hans and Fritz), by Rudolph Dirks, appeared in the New York Journal for the first time. T-Rad has the original that he cut out of the newspaper if anyone wants to see it!
Ho ho ho - - - You are on your game today, Scott.

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Morning DTR. Coffee is on, ph00 for B0bby t00
You are a good man, Blake. Sorry I couldn't make it in and slurp some up.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I usually sit on the crapper with my smart phone and read emails. but thats not the point.
Ummmmm????? Doesn't that ruin the "concentration" thing???

Not for me!!!! I would push the wrong button and find myself sitting in jail for sending streaming video to Mother Teresa’s orphanage.
Now that is an interesting image for the mind to get around. "Streaming" video - - streaming what?

Great Saturday - - wedding was very neat - - reception was a big dinner in an old cigar factory in Ybor City - - Tampa. Very different. Neat couple - - he is still in college heading for his doctorate. Sharp young man.

OK, gotta run - - still way too many things on the plate. Sent one batch of company home yesterday, another arrives Thursday, doctors, tests, blah blah blah - - getting tired of this stuff. Ph00 was empty so fresh is on - - enjoy -- me gone.

Bob
Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Your Dad made money on that tractor, great score for him!
Yeah, killer deal. Bought new in June of 09 for 20500.00, with the hours on it most places I looked they were between 17 and 18k.

I have a buddy of mine that just moved to La... he's in the Shreveport area... anywhere close to you? I'm gonna meet him when I come back across the country, he said something about some oysters... I'm in. We'll have to try to hook it up, it'll be in early to mid February...
Shreveport is far from home but just a 15 min trip from where I am now. I may still be up here in Feb. Let me know if and when you blaze through.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Blake, that tractor looks even better sitting on a free trailer.
Man, aint that the truth, but, unfortunately it aint the truth. Its a borrowed trailer. I havent been home long enough to get mine on the road. Needs a new spring hanger and pack, and some new decking and a set of ramps.

Originally Posted by Red3quarter
Blake, your dad got a good deal on that tractor! My dad has a Yanmar about that size and it's a nice tractor to have around his property. It can do most jobs but he still would like to get a skid-steer at some point.
Ive never heard anything bad about them little Yanmar tractors. Everyone that I know that has one says they just keep running forever.

Morning DTR

Its 24 here. Chilly. Weather says it snowing a bit in Pigeon Forge. Hope to see a bit of snow while we are up there. Cant wait for Wednesday morning for the run home. We are gonna leave Friday evening after Aiden's Christmas Play.

Coffee is on. Ph00 too.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is her response to a pm I sent her, I got it last week.

hey truckee Tim! yup, lot coming at me like a baseball pitcher- just swinging away, LOL!
when you feel the cold draft lager, warmth of a grandkid sleeping on ya, sore throat from teasing friends/co-worker brothers and laughing, eyes getting misty from candle smoke and Christmas lights and (booze) your wife close up- then you'll know God has Blessed your draggin' butt. Ain't it great to be you RIGHT then?! All the best to you and yours, and Merry Christmas!! laugh at the next stupid senseless call for me, will ya? heheheh

Her spirits are high, God Bless her.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:20 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Lots of meteors down here all weekend Bark. In fact, they.re still spread all over the ground. Pretty, white ones, but cold.

Ed, finding the place isn't scary. It's when you try to leave but always end up right back at the sight that's scary.

Morning. Quieter than expected so far. Freeway is passable, but sideroads are treacherous.

Quick Reply: Winter Time DTR Water Cooler/ Coffee Pot. 12.12.10 - 12.18.10