Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Williams to die

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by herb
Did you know this person personally? I wouldn't imagine that you made this determination by what other people (or the liberal media press) has told you
I don't need to know him on a personal level, the court transcripts and his arrest records are a matter of public record. He was tried and convicted in a court of law, that is good enough for me.

Even though you choose to try and make this a political statement, as you so often do around here, the truth is our laws are made and enforced by both sides of the political coin.

You may not like the system, but it is still the best system in the world today.

I for one won't miss him in the least....how often did you write him this year?
Once? five times? never? or are you just jumping on the liberal band wagon as usual?

For that matter how many times have you spoken with your Congressman this year? I have met with mine face to face a number of times. It is one thing to complain all the time and another to make sure your representatives KNOW how you feel about things by actually taking the time to see them.

Might I suggest you try writing Charlie Manson...He probably could use a pen pal and who knows you might be able to help straighten out the horrible injustice done to him as well

On Edit, I actually admire your ability at compassion Herb, I just personally reserve my compassion for those I deem worthy of it. But that is a matter of personal opinion as is yours, doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we disagree
Old 12-12-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever stop to think that Life in prison without parole means that "us" the taxpayer will be paying on average between $45K and $70K a year to house these criminals. That's more than many people even make in the USA. We pay for 3 meals a day, TV, a Gym membership and do they provide anything back? NO!

The only problem I see with the system is the 25 year wait to carry out the sentence.

I for one am tired of the crime, especially in California. A little more suitable punishment might go a long way towards preventing future criminals.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

For those who feel life in prison is sufficient, how many of you want your property taxes to rise everytime someone else is sentenced to life in prison? Keeping these animals alive takes money that has to come from somewhere. I for one do not want to pay to keep a murderer, a rapist, or a pedophile alive. I consider myself a good Christian man, but I do not believe in letting persons who have ruined the lives of another live. Send them to their ultimate trial, that one before God.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I guess it would be inapproriate for me to try and change this thread to one about George Foreman Grills, huh?

I'm just trying to hit 3000 posts before the night is over.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I don't need to know him on a personal level, the court transcripts and his arrest records are a matter of public record. He was tried and convicted in a court of law, that is good enough for me.

Even though you choose to try and make this a political statement, as you so often do around here, the truth is our laws are made and enforced by both sides of the political coin.

You may not like the system, but it is still the best system in the world today.

I for one won't miss him in the least....how often did you write him this year?
Once? five times? never? or are you just jumping on the liberal band wagon as usual?

For that matter how many times have you spoken with your Congressman this year? I have met with mine face to face a number of times. It is one thing to complain all the time and another to make sure your representatives KNOW how you feel about things by actually taking the time to see them.

Might I suggest you try writing Charlie Manson...He probably could use a pen pal and who knows you might be able to help straighten out the horrible injustice done to him as well
Knowing you have spoken to your congressman face to face several times this year impresses me.
how many times i have written anyone has nothing to do with me not condoning murder, by an individual or the criminal corrections system.
Perhaps when you have the time between personal meetings with your congressman you could write to the families of the victims who have been released after spending tens and twenty years of their lives behind bars before they found evidence they they had been wrongly convicted.
explain to these victims children why they didn't have a father to raise them.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
I guess it would be inapproriate for me to try and change this thread to one about George Foreman Grills, huh?

Ahhhh....... this is when having the ADMIN toolbar REALLY pays off.
I wonder how long I can keep Scotty at 2999 posts until I hear a knock at the door with a Canuk accent............

As for the actual subject of the thread,
I agree with "do the crime and pay the consequences".
It seems everyone on death row has "Found Religion".
It might make those young Wanna-Be Gang-Bangers think twice.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:36 PM

hey, those George Forman chicken rotissaries work great for roasting coffee beans
Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM

I would love to be the one to flip the switch on his death.
DM01
Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Nobody noticed, even the MODERATOR that I do not get any post counts in the 'other' section.

Hence the

Please Mr Moderator don't ruin my Christmas.

MMMMMM CHICKEN
Old 12-12-2005, 07:41 PM

Nobody noticed, even the MODERATOR that I do not get any post counts in the 'other' section.

Hence the

Please Mr Moderator don't ruin my Christmas.

MMMMMM CHICKEN
You DO post in areas other than the OTHER section, right?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
You DO post in areas other than the OTHER section, right?
knock knock knock eh

Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
So we should just kill him cuz you think he must have done something else and never got caught? You are kidding right?

Ahh lemme see.....
Yeah that about sums it up. The police don't arrest and convict innocent people. Maybe they didn't get caught on that particular crime but no way they were goodie goodies before.
I really don't believe in God as most bible thumpers do.
This crap about getting sins forgiven. Pure crap. Live a good life and you will be taken care of. But don't "sin" and then backtrack asking for forgiveness. Bull.
I believe there are way too many people in this world and am not so politically correct to say so. Abortion, execution, euthanasia is all good with me.
Old enough to do the crime, you can do the time. None of this 3 strikes crap. One chance.
That is all
Oh yeah George Foreman sucks.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Knowing you have spoken to your congressman face to face several times this year impresses me.
how many times i have written anyone has nothing to do with me not condoning murder, by an individual or the criminal corrections system.
Perhaps when you have the time between personal meetings with your congressman you could write to the families of the victims who have been released after spending tens and twenty years of their lives behind bars before they found evidence they they had been wrongly convicted.
Thats EASY!!!!! They were found Guilty by a Court of Law!

Nothing perfect about our system of Justice, but it IS still the best one going anywhere.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM

Can a George foreman grill be purchased at walmart?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:54 PM

And while you're getting "Face-Time" with those politicians,
Get some time with the families of those victims that were killed by these criminals, and explain to them why they didn't have a Husband/Wife/Mom/Dad/Sister/Brother around.

Quick Reply: Williams to die