Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Williams to die

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spunbearing
Herb:
"Being an advocate against capital punishment , I view this as another black mark against this government."

Just going out on a limb here but I'm betting that you are pro- abortion Herb.
The hypocracy of the left never fails to amaze me. Killing the innocent is perfectly ok but killing the guilty is wrong. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
"Tookie" said that he has made amends. He never has even admitted what he did. He'll soon meet his maker and you can argue with God about his punishment. You can call it a retrial.
Why the (fill in your own word here) do you bring abortion into the thread?
Apples and oranges.
A fetus ain't a person.
IMO if Tookie is actually innocent of the killings he was found to be guilty of then he probably is guilty of killing someone else.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rammtuff
IMO if Tookie is actually innocent of the killings he was found to be guilty of then he probably is guilty of killing someone else.
So we should just kill him cuz you think he must have done something else and never got caught? You are kidding right?

Well I think you might have done something wrong and never got caught and I think you should go to jail for 10 years!

I think I'm gonna get a drink.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by herb
Never fails to amaze me how righties put their spin on issues and condem people who disagree with their viewpoints
where did you come up with the assumption that i felt killing the innocent was wrong? I don't.
You can't be serious can you? You said I was blindly led because of my opinions. And second ***? Is that why you think he should live? Because you don't even think it was a crime? (I'm am being a S/A based on the idea that nosane individual can think that way).

Randy
Old 12-12-2005, 05:46 PM

If you like the way other "civilized nations operate then go live there. I like most of the way this one operates better than any other...even when the liberals do manage to get control. You definitely have a right to your opinion but if you want to compare countries don't unless you think that they are better enough to go live in one of them. I see first hand what liberal policies do for our crime rate. I work in one of the best cities in the country to get arrested in. Bets are thanks to the liberal judges and policies you will walk, getting your felony reduced to a misdemeanor or even a violation if you play your cards and the liberals heartstrings right. If God will forgive "Tookie"Williams then he will forgive me for wanting him dead. I'm alright with that...

Hondo
Old 12-12-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Geico266
Herb? Did you read my post? I agreed with you and I think Rush Limbaugh is a liberal.

Never fails to amaze me how lefties put their spin on issues and lump all people in one group.

I'm thinking herb is having a bad day and just wants to argue with someone, anyone and disreguard those who agree with him.

I guess now I disagree with herb again! Ahhhh ...Now that feels better!
my response was to SPUNBEARING who made the staement that i felt it was ok to kill innocent people---just wanted to clarify that i had not said or indicated such a thing.
still think you and I are on the same page with the capital punishment issue.
Not having a bad day but have a hard time understanding how people can justify killing another human being. I am not condeming anyone for their beliefs, they have that right in this country,i just firmly beleive God should control when a person should die.
I'm done.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good nite
Old 12-12-2005, 05:56 PM

is that an icon of a jackass??
you are right when you state that he will stand before God for judgement, it is our job to arrange the meeting.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Funny how only "righties" put a spin on things but the poor misunderstood liberals only spout the Gods honest truth. Yes I am Right and Conservative but not gullible or niave enough to believe any one groups rhetoric is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I personally wouldn't be bothered if the death penalty was a little more painful. Like the old saying goes... "there are no atheists in foxholes" I listen to all of these mothers "find God" when they are caught. Heard it again today... I gave the kid a break... how long till you think I catch up to him again? Even though this time he promises he changed his ways? Give me a break...

I get more thanks from the people I was toughest with than any of the ones I cut some slack...

Talking from experience on the street... not some ideological pigeon hole.

Hondo
Old 12-12-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait for me! I want to get in this before it gets locked!!!

The laws that were in effect when 'Tookie' was caught/tried should apply to him now.
I personally feel that capital punishment should be stopped. Put these animals away--as Hoss stated- in seclusion. No family/friends. Basic food only , no exercise. Maybe in Alaska, so if they escape the animals or enviroment will get them.

Now, what is a fetus? It is described as an unborn human. If a fetus is allowed to mature, what does it become?????
100% will turn out to be a human of some quality.
Back to Tookie, this guy killed a COP. Shot him in the back.
Can anyone say let him live???? He is one of the worse kinds of criminals.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I'm wondering two things...

Did Tookie ever drive a Dodge Diesel? and secondly...

Is there a site on capital punishment somewhere that this can be discussed?

geez

I think that was a slight hint, wasn't it Jack?

But aren't you proud of me, I've stated my thoughts on this thread at USPOL, along with ten other pages of unmoderated rantings from viewpoints that range from white supremacy to communism...

Jack, the moderators of DTR are of such a degree that they command a respect out of the members, and as such people on here tend to participate in much better discussions about any subject than on any other forum that I've ever found. In all honesty the political discussions like this one are exceedingly well balanced, thought-out and moderated compared to the discussions you can have elsewhere, such as the USPOL forums that I linked to above.

I wish that there was a politics forum to the standards of DTR someplace else on the internet, but alas there isn't one... Then again, political discussions are a lot harder to moderate than Diesel truck ones...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM

if you kill someone, keep them in the pen for the rest of their life. gov't should do the best to keep them alive. to live 24hrs/day, 7days/wk, 52wks/yr, 40+ years in a prison would be horrible. and every day they could think about why they are there. ***edit: its a waste of money to go throught he appeal process for the death penalty, even if someone is 100% guilty***

just to stir the pot,
by starting the Crips, should he be responsible for the future violence as a result of the Crips? seems very similar to whether or not the gun manufacturer's are responsible for killing people or the suspects themselves. he created a weapon of a gang with ultimate strength/no forgiveness (similar to the gun) but its the individuals of the gang that ultimately killed. is he justified to receive punishment for the creation of the gang?

i say no but curious to how others think about it...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm Pro Abortion.

Just think, Tookie might not even be here........................

Heck, if it weren't for AIDS, War (fought mainly in the name of "God" I might add) and natural disaster there might not even be enough air or water left for all us fools.

I can tell you one thing that is for sure, we don't execute eoungh pedophiles, thats for sure. I could watch them kill one or two of them a day and still sleep at night.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 PM

First off let me say that I like you Herb. I'm not attacking you personally. I simply disagree with you. In response to other replies : To me the death penalty and the abortion issue are related. The only difference that I see is that convicted criminals deserve it. I won't get into a debate about whether or not a fetus is a viable human or not. To me it is clear. That being said I am probably closer to the death penalty issue than most people here. About 20 years ago I was awakened by gun shots to find two of my neighbors murdered right in front of my bedroom window. The wife had been beaten and raped all night long while her husband who was tied up was forced to watch. In addition the woman had just given birth to their second child 5 days before her death. She was running away trying to protect her children when this animal shot her 3 times in the back of her head. This guy admitted killing them and also told about 5 other murders he had commited. He was released early from a prison in Ohio and shouldn't have even been on the streets. I'm sure that you can understand my frustration with the thought that when his case comes up (soon) we will be debating on his worth as a human or whether or not we got the right person. He admitted it, there is DNA evidence, fingerprint evidence etc. There is no doubt. IN California we don't take the death penalty lightly. There is an automatic appeals process. "Tookie" has been through seemingly endless appeals and they have all come back with the same decision. I hope that when it comes time to deal with the guy that murdered my friends that some thought can be given to the families of the victims and to the children that grew up without parents.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 PM

Whatever side you're on, we should take solace in that justice is being served not that we must kill a man to do it.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by spunbearing
First off let me say that I like you Herb. I'm not attacking you personally. I simply disagree with you. In response to other replies : To me the death penalty and the abortion issue are related. The only difference that I see is that convicted criminals deserve it. I won't get into a debate about whether or not a fetus is a viable human or not. To me it is clear. That being said I am probably closer to the death penalty issue than most people here. About 20 years ago I was awakened by gun shots to find two of my neighbors murdered right in front of my bedroom window. The wife had been beaten and raped all night long while her husband who was tied up was forced to watch. In addition the woman had just given birth to their second child 5 days before her death. She was running away trying to protect her children when this animal shot her 3 times in the back of her head. This guy admitted killing them and also told about 5 other murders he had commited. He was released early from a prison in Ohio and shouldn't have even been on the streets. I'm sure that you can understand my frustration with the thought that when his case comes up (soon) we will be debating on his worth as a human or whether or not we got the right person. He admitted it, there is DNA evidence, fingerprint evidence etc. There is no doubt. IN California we don't take the death penalty lightly. There is an automatic appeals process. "Tookie" has been through seemingly endless appeals and they have all come back with the same decision. I hope that when it comes time to deal with the guy that murdered my friends that some thought can be given to the families of the victims and to the children that grew up without parents.
If the system would enforce it, this is the type case that i think would warrant a life without possability of parole sentence. I can understand the public's anger with these sentences being reversed on tecnicalities and such
but this again is a breakdown in the system. Life without parole should mean just that.
This way we have killed two birds with one stone--we have protected the public and made it possable to set the person free if by some remote chance he is proven innocent later.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Own a piece of history.....................................

Available on EBay, makes the perfect gift for that "hard to shop for" family member.

Quick Reply: Williams to die