Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Williams to die

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why has he and others waited 25 years on Death Row? The verdict of death should be carried immediately. No appeals, no BS, just do it. Draconian Law! All this tippy toeing around the inevitable... what a waste! Like my father says "Either ---- or get off the pot."
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by herb

How many other "civilized" nations condone capital punishment ?
Ummm? Take your pick. They usually carry it out right away or very shortly there after. I'm glad there pulling this guys plug. He deserves what he's getting! If you don't like the decisions our Country/Government makes then you can always pack your bags and leave.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by cmnspwr
Why has he and others waited 25 years on Death Row? Like my father says "Either ---- or get off the pot."
BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MANY BEAUCRATS/HUMAN ACTIVIST THAT CARE MORE FOR A CRIMINALS LIFE THEN THERE VICTIMS!

Your Father is a wise man.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by newriverSpecon
Because we (the USA) have a different opinion doesn't make them right. I don't care how they do it. I don't care how they control guns, drugs, prostitution, or obesity. A lot of Americans put way too much thought into what THEY will think and not what is right.

There is a cetian amount that we do need to concern our selves with others preceptions of us. But by and large We have to do the right thing for here! If you like the "other civilized nations", then go live there.

Randy
First off , I fought for and will live in my country. That being said , i am not shackalled into agreeing or being led like a blind person to beleive something that is wrong is right.
Like was previousy said--this legal system is broken and because a procecuter is able to get a conviction does not prove guilt, it proves he was able to convince 12 people his case was better than the defendents.
We finance the procecutor and he has no or very little restraints on time or money. If the defendent is not fortunate enough to have deep pockets he goes in with the cards staked against him
i have no problems with a life sentence that "means" life unless able to prove innocence, but once the govt kills a person and they are later found innocent how does one justify the then "states" murder ?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Banned

Think about ti if he had never had been caught would he have done all these good things that he did in jail? No, he would have killed more people and maybe made thr crips a huge gang and coused a bunch of problems. The only reason he did all the good things is beacuse he was in jail for 25 years and had nothing else to do and said " maybe if I do this they won't put me to death". He needs to pay for the crimes he commited.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 PM

Like was previousy said--this legal system is broken and because a procecuter is able to get a conviction does not prove guilt, it proves he was able to convince 12 people his case was better than the defendents.
Ok! 1 murder then possibly I would agree. But this guy murdered, or said to have, murdered 4 people? If they have enough evidence to convict this guy of 4 murders then I highly doubt is was a breakdown of our judical system. Would you let this guy move in next to you or date your daughter?

Let me give you an example of the judicial system breaking down:

Sexual offenders being let out of jail/prison, and being allowed to move into your, family neighborhoods were schools are only blocks away.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm wondering two things...

Did Tookie ever drive a Dodge Diesel? and secondly...

Is there a site on capital punishment somewhere that this can be discussed?

geez
Old 12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by signature600
What, HOSS not informed

Here You Go!!! Have Fun

Chris
Sorry to disappoint you. I've been kind of busy in the past week or so and haven't really kept up with current events.

Anyway, I'm up to speed now. This Williams guy...obviously a bad guy in the past....apparently reformed and trying to teach others not to join gangs...death penalty approaching...the Terminator had the chance to stop it and chose not to....blah, blah, blah.

I kind of straddle the fence on the death penalty so I don't really have any strong opinions about this case. On one hand the quickest, cheapest and easiest way to rid our society of violent thugs is to simply kill them. On the other hand, I'm a Christian and I think that the judgment handed down by God to those who do not belong to him will be FAR worse than anything we could possibly do to these type of folks.

So, while I'm not really OPPOSED to the death penalty, I'm not exactly a huge supporter of it either. That's not because I have some kind of sympathy for the people who would commit crimes that are deemed worthy of being put to death, but rather because I feel confident that the vengeance handed down by God will by far exceed what that little needle will do to them.

I will say this though. When someone commits terrible crimes, I would MUCH rather see them locked away in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives with no TV, no recreational time and just enough food and water to keep them alive. Basically, take them out of society and take away all of their comforts. THAT, in my opinion, is a MUCH harsher punishment than gently putting them to death.

But, as I said, I don't really have any strong feelings on the death penalty.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I'm wondering two things...

Did Tookie ever drive a Dodge Diesel? and secondly...
I'm pretty sure he did. It was blue...NOT red.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

First off , I fought for and will live in my country. That being said , i am not shackalled into agreeing or being led like a blind person to beleive something that is wrong is right.
We finance the procecutor and he has no or very little restraints on time or money. If the defendent is not fortunate enough to have deep pockets he goes in with the cards staked against him
i have no problems with a life sentence that "means" life unless able to prove innocence, but once the govt kills a person and they are later found innocent how does one justify the then "states" murder ?
Hmm, so I'm blind to right and wrong because of my opinion.

Well, I happen to know someone who's sentence was commuted. With what he was involved in I find it troubling that he is allowed to live. I think you are wrong about the sytem being broken. It is the incompetance of the poeple in the system. Again because they do not do what is right. The people of the jury do not want to be there. The judges feel bound by precedence as opposed to what may be right, the public defenders do not put the effort in to the case they should because of the lack of money (or experiance).

Yes there have been errors and innocent people jailed (or killed), but in every single case you can be sure that multiple people failed the system. Not the system failing the poeple. It still comes down to doing what is right! Every person involved had to do what is right.

Randy
Old 12-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
No tears from me for this useless hunk of inhuman flesh.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:59 PM

Herb:
"Being an advocate against capital punishment , I view this as another black mark against this government."

Just going out on a limb here but I'm betting that you are pro- abortion Herb.
The hypocracy of the left never fails to amaze me. Killing the innocent is perfectly ok but killing the guilty is wrong. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
"Tookie" said that he has made amends. He never has even admitted what he did. He'll soon meet his maker and you can argue with God about his punishment. You can call it a retrial.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by spunbearing
Herb:
"Being an advocate against capital punishment , I view this as another black mark against this government."

Just going out on a limb here but I'm betting that you are pro- abortion Herb.
The hypocracy of the left never fails to amaze me. Killing the innocent is perfectly ok but killing the guilty is wrong. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
"Tookie" said that he has made amends. He never has even admitted what he did. He'll soon meet his maker and you can argue with God about his punishment. You can call it a retrial.
Never fails to amaze me how righties put their spin on issues and condem people who disagree with their viewpoints
where did you come up with the assumption that i felt killing the innocent was wrong? I don't.
And no, i do not personally beleive in abortion, however i would never think that i was important enough to interfere with another persons right to choose what was right for them.
I would much rather error on the side of caution than to gamble putting an innocent person to death.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
No tears from me for this useless hunk of inhuman flesh.
Did you know this person personally? I wouldn't imagine that you made this determination by what other people (or the liberal media press) has told you
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Never fails to amaze me how righties put their spin on issues and condem people who disagree with their viewpoints
where did you come up with the assumption that i felt killing the innocent was wrong? I don't.
And no, i do not personally beleive in abortion, however i would never think that i was important enough to interfere with another persons right to choose what was right for them.
I would much rather error on the side of caution than to gamble putting an innocent person to death.
Herb? Did you read my post? I agreed with you and I think Rush Limbaugh is a liberal.

Never fails to amaze me how lefties put their spin on issues and lump all people in one group.

I'm thinking herb is having a bad day and just wants to argue with someone, anyone and disreguard those who agree with him.

I guess now I disagree with herb again! Ahhhh ...Now that feels better!

Quick Reply: Williams to die