Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

This is what we're facing here in my own valley. They have killed the resident elk population from around 28k down to about 7k. They are every where and they are becoming more and more adapted to humans. The liberals claim there is no problem. They are now back on the endangered species list so we can no longer take them legally. What a crock. Some of my buddies tagged a couple last year and the larger ones measured close to 8 in length from nose to tail and were well on their way to 200 lbs. My hand, and it's an XL hand, will fit in a mature wolf's track.

http://www.willitsnews.com/ci_16734188
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

We're going through growing pains here too. The way I understand it, the Fed's jumped the gun on removing them from this list and bi-passed a public hearing process. Despite the hearing their decision will still probably be to remove them from the list. Our DNR is saying they fully expect the Fed's to start the process over again, maybe they will now that some of the left on the legislature have lost footing? The DNR have finally admitted to proof that our "pack" has spread down into the lower peninsula. They wanted to keep the population to the north nad they want to thin it down at least a third or more of what it is now and eventually work out a limited hunting plan for them.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM

It started out here as an experiment of about 12 wolves in the original Druid pack in Yellowstone Park about an hour and a half from my house. Now it's a full blown wolf population to the toon of about 2600 wolves. They have found a couple collared ones that roamed some 1000 miles from the Park since the program started. Out of hand it is.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We are seeing more and more of them here. I don't ever recall seeing many wolves here in New England, but recently they can be seen at the wood line often. We were coming back from dinner with some friends a couple weeks ago when we rounded a corner and had a small wolf trying to get up from the side of the road. He did get up and hobbled across the road then into a field so I pulled my truck up on the grass to see where it was going when my head lights hit the tree line there were 6-8 of them waiting for the one that got hit.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM

Before the DNR admitted to a small population spreading in the lower peninsula, they had one that was collared in the U.P., get hit by a car somewhere in Ohio. They said that it was just a fluke at the time.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:00 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Same around the Anchorage area. What gets me is the people who are trying to "save" them dont even live in Alaska. Oh, remember guys, every gun owner should be a member of the NRA even if you dont always aggree with them.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
It started out here as an experiment of about 12 wolves in the original Druid pack in Yellowstone Park about an hour and a half from my house. Now it's a full blown wolf population to the toon of about 2600 wolves. They have found a couple collared ones that roamed some 1000 miles from the Park since the program started. Out of hand it is.
Theres a wolf problem in Montana? Huh, who would have known. I left Augusta Montana after spending most of my 28 years there.....and moved to Miles City MT. Lots of Wolves around Augusta. Elk population progressivley shrunk every year. Miles City..... Wouldn't have thought there were Wolves around here. Wrong! A few wolves are killed by ranchers around Wibaux every year, which isn't far from here. Umm....I'd say we have a problem.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by dslpwr81
Theres a wolf problem in Montana? Huh, who would have known. I left Augusta Montana after spending most of my 28 years there.....and moved to Miles City MT. Lots of Wolves around Augusta. Elk population progressivley shrunk every year. Miles City..... Wouldn't have thought there were Wolves around here. Wrong! A few wolves are killed by ranchers around Wibaux every year, which isn't far from here. Umm....I'd say we have a problem.
There is no problem when the guys from Washington can't see it though.

A buddy of mine was in Taylor's Fork hunting for a week early in the season. Conversation with another camp went like this. "Seen any elk...nope how about you guys....yep seen about 8 head running out across Carrot Basin. Shoot one? Nope there were 14 wolves chasing them at full speed."

We never had so much as even a timber wolf around here growing up. I'm fourth generation from the valley here and my dad never seen one growing up either. Now, you can't go anywhere without running into them. The grey wolf is eating this state out of house and home and nobody has the ***** to stand up to the environmentalists to get them off the list and back to hunting them back into extinction. All they do is threaten a lawsuit and the state backs down everytime. It's total BS.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 AM

We never had so much as even a timber wolf around here growing up. I'm fourth generation from the valley here and my dad never seen one growing up either. Now, you can't go anywhere without running into them. The grey wolf is eating this state out of house and home and nobody has the ***** to stand up to the environmentalists to get them off the list and back to hunting them back into extinction. All they do is threaten a lawsuit and the state backs down everytime. It's total BS.[/QUOTE]

Now calm down boy,it ain't that bad.Why all you have to do is get a couple of environmentalist types and see if they bond with the pack.That could eliminate a couple of problems right there.Let them(the enviros.) "help"the poor little wolfies.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by irocpractice
We never had so much as even a timber wolf around here growing up. I'm fourth generation from the valley here and my dad never seen one growing up either. Now, you can't go anywhere without running into them. The grey wolf is eating this state out of house and home and nobody has the ***** to stand up to the environmentalists to get them off the list and back to hunting them back into extinction. All they do is threaten a lawsuit and the state backs down everytime. It's total BS.
Now calm down boy,it ain't that bad.Why all you have to do is get a couple of environmentalist types and see if they bond with the pack.That could eliminate a couple of problems right there.Let them(the enviros.) "help"the poor little wolfies.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for that little showdown. They keep wanting to shut down all motorized travel in the forest including sleds. If that happens I'll be at all of the cross country ski trailheads stuffing bacon in their packs as they move out for a nice outing. They don't believe in guns so that pretty much puts them near the bottom of the food chain.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by irocpractice
.Why all you have to do is get a couple of environmentalist types and see if they bond with the pack.That could eliminate a couple of problems right there.Let them(the enviros.) "help"the poor little wolfies.
We were hoping the ones who came up here would chain themselves to trees in protest. I am sure the wolves would "really" like them.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:17 PM

Dabble alittle doe urine behind their ears too.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
well a lil birdy told me one time that if you shoot a wolfy thru the nose with say a .17 and that is ALL you do, the rest of the wolfy pack will kill off the one with a bloody nose because it can't smell or produce for the pack and the strongest survive. kinda makes em kill themselves off and all you did was tap him on the knose a lil bit. with no trace of a round, there b no ividnce as to what happened.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd get a new birdy.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by annabelle
I'd get a new birdy.
no this birdy has more experience in this than even I know. he is one of them long distance shooters. 1 mile type stuff.

Quick Reply: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?