Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Whooped up on a Chevy Gasser today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whooped up on a Chevy Gasser today!

coming down the interstate today this new Chevy 4x4 2500HD on 33's came outta no where and went to pass me... well I stepped on the go pedal, but he was either gonna wreck me or get in front of me so I stood on the brakes and laid on the Grover! &gt; &gt; &gt;<br><br>Well he takes off and I start to play keep up to blow his doors off but when he started getting close to 90mph I decided I didnt' want a ticket at that speed! <br><br>So I let him go but after thinking for a second no one had challenged my truck since all of my BOMB's which were basically done in a week and 1/2 of each other.<br><br>So I did the little &quot;co'mere&quot; hand motion a few times and held up 1 finger and up ahead I saw him throw his hands up like &quot;what?!?&quot; I did the &quot;co'mere&quot; motion one more time and he got the message and got over and slowed down.<br><br>I pulled along side him and pointed to him, pointed to me, held up one finger, and pointed forward. He agreed with a big ;D <br><br>Well he had a dump truck in his lane so I scooted up to let him get around.. knowing as soon as he had the room he'd blow by me. <br><br>Right before he hand enough room I held up my hand to the back glass and counted 1....2....3 and dropped the hammer!<br><br>He went BYE BYE! He couldn't keep up! I even slowed down a little twice and punched it again! <br><br>Anyhow I looked down at one point cause I had the Stereo and CB on and couldn't hear the motor and I was turning 3,000RPM<br> Looked over and I was doing every bit of 110! <br><br>Finally saw Chevy guy throw his arms up and I slowed down, but not until after looking at the pyro which was planted on 14 and had been for a few seconds.<br><br>Anyhow he pulled up beside me and tried mouthing some words and I gave him the face and he pointed to his dash did the &quot;cut throat&quot; hand signal to tell me his truck cut out on him! I gave him a Ok, thanks, thumbs up and he dropped a gear (on his auto ) and took off!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:08 AM

Re:Whooped up on a Chevy Gasser today!

yeah its offical. mark has the bombing bug and will now race every truck in town until he gets beat. Then he will have to upgrade to something so he can beat that car/truck. and on and on it goes.<br>DM01
Old 03-07-2003, 11:04 AM

i think that the most addictive part about bombing<br>beaten the hell out of other trucks<br>great story smoke ;D
Old 03-07-2003, 11:35 AM

Why not race at the drag strip? It's kind of fun to see the looks on the gassers faces. And you get to talk to them face to face. It's safe, fun and no tickets. Well one ticket the little time slip at the end. The most fun I had was when a Powerstroke wanted a grudge match against me. He ran a 16.1 and I ran a 14.9.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth...I have ZERO problems with racing at a strip. When people take it to the streets though, I have major problems with it. I've seen too many people killed because of careless and wreckless driving....one of which was a friend of mine. So...needless to say...I take it personal.

Dodgeman...as far as my posts on this board...you have to understand that 95% of the posts I make around here are meant only as a good ole' friendly poke in the ribs of my friends on DTR. I'm sarcastic at times....blunt at times....subtle at times....and sometimes just downright ornery, but it's almost always in a joking manner. However, some things I take very seriously...and this happens to be one of them.

There. Now we can be friends again. :-*
Old 03-07-2003, 11:48 AM

Oh yeah...I never called anyone a liar...and never will on this board.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:51 AM

frends why the heck not :-* put her there pal
DM01
Old 03-07-2003, 11:52 AM

This is where I slap you on the butt and send you back out on the field... ;D

[Please don't blow kisses at me though.]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:53 AM

:P <br>DM01
Old 03-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

You guys make up so fast, you don't leave us moderators much work to do <br><br> Good job guy's I will remove the ugly post's so they pass with the new found friendship
Old 03-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys keep blowing kisses at each other and I'll still lock this thread! <br><br> ;D<br><br> <br><br>Rich
Old 03-07-2003, 12:51 PM

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=11909;start=0#112888 date=1047060081]<br>You guys make up so fast, you don't leave us moderators much work to do <br><br> Good job guy's I will remove the ugly post's so they pass with the new found friendship <br>[/quote]<br>God bless all you moderators. <br>DM01 ;D You too Hoss
Old 03-07-2003, 01:17 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah....blah, blah, blah... <br><br>Since it was deleted by our lovely moderators, I still want to state for the record that I think racing on public roads is.....well, so as not to get everyone in a tizzy again....I'll just say careless and irresponsible.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:44 PM

Dang it. I saw &quot;whooped&quot; and thought this was an Aggie thread. #8 in the Big 12 for Men's hoops. <br><br>HOW 'BOUT THEM POKES!?!?!?!?<br><br>
Old 03-07-2003, 01:56 PM

Hey...if the ball and brown and pointed on both ends I don't care.

Did you say &quot;WHOOP!!!&quot;?? :P

Quick Reply: Whooped up on a Chevy Gasser today!