Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Who does Fords ads?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who does Fords ads?

I thought this was mentioned earlier but couldn't find the thread so I'll start a new one. <br><br>Talk about stupid. How about the power stroker who is moving a prop job aircraft in the lot and gets it in tow and starts moving along the runway, fast enough to get the aircraft aloft and apparently long enough to land again in the new location. Give me a break. This is going beyond acceptability of fact. Actually, anyone who believes the psd can do this deserves to end up with a psd. <br><br>~Dave
Old 11-28-2002, 08:39 PM

Re:Who does Fords ads?

OH just great Dave, now I suppose your going to tell me the one drag racing against the Dura ax pulling the 20 horse trailer that was going so fast thru the quarter mile had to pop the drag shute to slow down is fake allso ! ??? ??? <br><br>
Old 11-28-2002, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the Ice Breaker Olatak(?), with it's 7 diesel engines (counting the Superduty)

phox
Old 11-29-2002, 04:10 AM

Let's see. Everyone here has seen them and knows exactly what products the commercial promotes.<br><br>I guess the ad guys are on to something. ;D ;D<br><br>I know they are far fetched. But, when have television commercials ever told the truth?
Old 11-29-2002, 05:56 AM

I'm sure there was some truth in the &quot;Where;s The Beef&quot; commercial a few years back ;D<br><br><br>The best advertisement for Furd (can't even bring myself to type it) is Toby Keith's video for Who's Yer Daddy.<br><br><br>PISTOL
Old 11-29-2002, 06:28 AM

[quote author=CHUCK3 link=board=10;threadid=7661;start=0#73543 date=1038537582]<br> OH just great Dave, now I suppose your going to tell me the one drag racing against the Dura ax pulling the 20 horse trailer that was going so fast thru the quarter mile had to pop the drag shute to slow down is fake allso ! ??? ??? <br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>No I'm not because I haven't seen that particular one yet. Howsomeever, you can bet your last penny that once I do see it, my house will ring out with that wierd sneezing sound that sounds similiar to Buuuulllll Snit. Even my son has gotten into it now. Raised that boy right, I did. Why even Gonzo and Top know young men like him. He taped that Dodge commercial for me, something about a Ram and.... well, whatever, I'll have to look at it today. Actually, I think now upon reflection, that we shouldn't be too critical of these illusions of grandeur that f**d and c***y have foisted upon the masses. They, after all, build vehicles that make ours LOOK GREAT!!! Anyone who buys off on these advertisments strewn with great amounts of embellishment of accomplishments, deserves to suffer for that misinformation. <br><br>~Dave
Old 11-29-2002, 10:08 AM

Dave my Boy, You sure have a way with words you do. ;D
Old 11-29-2002, 04:05 PM

I think that dodge should come to an event and video some of the bad a*# rams blowin black smoke. These trucks are trully the new mayor of truckville.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:13 PM
DPG

I think the person who dreamt up those Ford diesel commercials with the ice breaker, and the airplane should be fined for lack of integrity. If the ad agency for Dodge Cummins did the same thing, I would hang my head in shame. What a crock!
Old 11-29-2002, 08:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

I thought the ability of my CTD to drag my big fat behind up the driveway after the feast yesterday was an accomplishment worthy of a superbowl commercial ;D
Old 11-30-2002, 01:25 AM

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=7661;start=0#73787 date=1038622972]<br>I thought the ability of my CTD to drag my big fat behind up the driveway after the feast yesterday was an accomplishment worthy of a superbowl commercial ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>I second that! :-X
Old 11-30-2002, 01:38 AM

LMAO
Old 12-01-2002, 11:26 AM

Gentlemen (and ladies of course) When and why did you ever think that advertising had any grain of truth. First time I saw the icebreaker ad, I voiced my opinion that not only did Ford try to make their Stupid Duty trucks look like Dodges, but now they were stealing the Generals advertising copy. (Remember the fixxer-upper on to the beach?) Ford hasn't done much original in the business since they started with the T. BTW did you know that old Henry got John and Horace Dodge to build the drivetrain for his model T because he couldn't get any consistency or durability from his designs. Ain't that funny?
Old 12-01-2002, 11:51 AM

Sorry guys, but I love that Ford in the Toby Keith Video &quot;Whose your Daddy&quot;. I think that truck looks pretty sweet. It is huge. There are no country singers that have a dodge in thier videos. Alan Jackson has Ford, Toby has Ford, and George Strait has Chevy.... I think Cletus needs a complimentary Dodge 3500! or how bout Leann Rymes driving a dodge? What do you guys think?
Old 12-01-2002, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as truck commercials go, I gotta admit I do love the old time &quot;like a rock&quot; Chevy commercials.<br><br>Watching that Chev getg pounded was so sweet! ;D

Quick Reply: Who does Fords ads?