Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What you you play
I play an acoustic guitar
15.00%
I play an electric guitar
15.00%
I play both acoustic and an electric guitar
45.00%
I play an electric bass
12.50%
I play an acoustic bass
2.50%
I play a different type of stringed instrument (please specify)
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Where's all the guitar players?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i play a little. i have a cheapie semi hollow body that i really like. also an offbrand acoustic (my girlfriend gave to me to "serenade her with )

i got into playing music with a mandolin. i have 2 of them now. theyre nothing to write home about, but it keeps me amused.

now i mostly pick around on my electric guitar, to a crowd of 2. my biggest fan is 2 and a half and dances her little tail off. at least SOMEONE like my tunes!!

oh yeah, my amp is a sam ash (i.e. cheapie) half stack, but it sounds better than the guitar player is . also i have a jim dunlop cry baby, boss phaser, DOD vibrato, and...my brain is fried...cant think of the brand but they have the locking tone *****..anyway...a distortion and a tube screamer. although, with the new amp, the overdrive channel keeps me happy enough to not need the distortion pedals. i play mostly Texas country tunes but like to try to play rock too
Old 08-16-2006, 04:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hillcountry
I have two Fender Strat's both with 60's wiring and custom pickups. Both made in the USA. I play them through a Classic Wah pedal...Tube Screamer...Blues Driver...(very old)Electroharmonix LPB-2, into a 1972 Fender Super reverb, and a 1968 Fender Bassman head with a homemade cabinet with two 30watt Celestions. Needless to say when I crank them up the fatness is excellent...(so is the shaking of the house). You can't beat an old tube amp for cranked blues.

I once had someone ask me why I lugged "those old amps around?" I turned up to 8, and played some leads... and he smiled and said..."Ah ha!"
As posted before, I just recently acquired my Dr. Z Stang Ray designed for Brad Paisley, who's "OK" at guitar It pushes a 2x12 cab with Celestion 15w Alnico Blues (*THE* guitar speaker, imo).

I also just added a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET to the mix, and I'm digging this pedal a lot.

In addition to that, I have a Zion "Strat" w/ Chris Kinman's pickups, a Zion "Tele" w/ Joe Barden's pickups, a Hamer USA Special w/ Seymour Duncan P-90s, and an Ovation Collector's series (1994) acoustic.

In the past I've sold a couple Ibanez S series (sayonara) and a righteous Strat that I should have kept.

Other goodies are Peavey Classic 100 amp (DOA and going to trash), Peavey 1x12 cab w/ EVM12L (300w), Fulltone SupaTrem, TS9 Tubescreamer, Tech 21 XXL, and a Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp (rackmount).

Future acquisitions will include another Dr. Z amp (play one and you'll see why) called the Route 66-- based on the KT66 tubes. I'm also wanting a Humbucker guitar like a good old Les Paul--- I particularly like the Vintage Original Spec '57 Goldtop now offered.

I'll probably build my 'bucker guitar with Warmoth parts or somesuch, as I can get EXACTLY what I want and do it for cheaper.

Justin
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard some clips of Brad Paisley laying into it a little with his amp set up and yeah...you could say he is "ok."

Alinco Blues rock....just a little steep for the wallet. I was given two 1979 Celestion speakers and they sound great so I go with those. The Super has the stock 4x10's in it. Between the two amps it is pretty killer.

Justin...saw your pics of the amp...pretty cool!

-Geoff