Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Whats is your favorite color truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Whats is your favorite color truck?

I'd like to read about this. Not what you prefer to drive or what is easiest to keep clean, what is your favorite color on a truck? I do prefer white for easy cleaning. However, a black truck looks real sharp when clean.
Key word for me is clean and since I am going to all sorts of different shows and cleaning it all the time...BLACK it is.
Besides, the ole carcass can use a bit of exercise anyway.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Whats is your favorite color truck?

Is this going to be a "oil war" type thread??? : :. Favorite color???? Obviously, I like Lt Almond, pearl coat as a truck color. Doesn't show dirt nearly as quick as other colors, IMO. Show and shine color? Sorry to say, with my tight schedule, that's too much work for me, but either Black or RED would be my better preferences.

Wimpin'outhereDave
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 AM

My 3500 is the light driftwood ( I think DC made a cheap purchase on that color paint, cause it seems to be 90% of the 3500's got painted that color) :'(
The wifes 2500 is the med bronze. I like that color a lot better than mine. It don't show dirt too bad and looks super when shined up
Old 08-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

INTENSE Blue,,,,,,,,,,,,, : ,,,,,,,,, but I was all set to order a BLACK Sport when mine showed up on the lot with everything I was going to order and more,,,,,,, with a price tag I couldn't refuse!
My previous truck was a black F-150 Ranger-XLT and Dad has a black 2000 2500 V-10. I like a Black truck when they're clean and shining. ;D

Just remember Scotty,,,,,,,, Wax on,,,,,,, Wax off,,,,,,, Wax on,,,,,,,, Wax off,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 AM

Dark Garnett Red. It looks real nice shined up

And no Scotty its not BLACK!! ;D
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

I have owned a black vehicle and changed it quickly. Just too much trouble to keep clean!!! Yes, it sure does look sharp when clean, but the problem is keeping it looking sharp.
Now I have the light almond. Car is almost indentical in color. My third vehicle this color. It does not show the dirt very much. This week it has rained on and off all week and have driven the truck daily. It still looks clean until you look really close and only then can you see the dirt.
Yes Scotty, that old carcass (your words) WILL be getting more excercise!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:10 AM

GREEN is my favorite color. My truck is actually green, with driftwood on the bottom. Doesn't seem to be a popular color. Maybe it's a superstious thing, like with the green Harley's. ???

My theory on white trucks staying cleaner is this - Just because it looks cleaner doesn't mean it is. If you drive a white truck and a black truck down the same dirt road, they'll both be just as dirty - only the white one may look a little cleaner, the dirt and grime are still there.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:12 AM

I like the older colors but the Blue on the newer truck is nice also. My truck is green and I like it my dads is light blue and I like that also. I would have to say if I bought a new truck it would be silver or blue.
DM01
Old 08-01-2003, 10:27 AM

PATRIOT BLUE or Garnet for looks (I have had both). White is my "practical" favorite for longterm looks. Does not show scatches and dirt as bad. I sure wish they had "Inferno Red" in '01. Had it on a Stratus and loved it!
Old 08-01-2003, 10:42 AM

I like white. Living on limerock gravel roads it dosen't show the dirt nearly as bad. ;D Coooler also with 100 deg. plus days here in Kansas. :P If lived in town I'd have Metal Safire Blue.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=Huey link=board=10;threadid=17837;start=0#msg166911 date=1059750441]
Dark Garnett Red. It looks real nice shined up
[/quote]

Read as.....AGGIE MAROON!!!! ;D ;D

This would be my pick too.....with the Patriot Blue being a VERY close second.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=TXBobcat link=board=10;threadid=17837;start=0#msg166913 date=1059750611]My theory on white trucks staying cleaner is this - Just because it looks cleaner doesn't mean it is. If you drive a white truck and a black truck down the same dirt road, they'll both be just as dirty - only the white one may look a little cleaner, the dirt and grime are still there.
[/quote]

That would be the point....they like white because it LOOKS cleaner...even when it's not. I don't think anyone will argue that it IS cleaner...just because of paint color. :-*
Old 08-01-2003, 10:48 AM

I like the clean look of a white truck. I've had several black trucks, they do look awesome when clean. Problem is, we get lots of snow in Montana and the road grime really shows on dark colors :-
Course- you prolly don't get much snow or cold up there- eh

Quick Reply: Whats is your favorite color truck?