Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What are your pet peeves?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have many, but, the two that get me most often are...

1.) When people don't use turn signals. I figure either turn signals are now optional on many vehicles or everyone else except me has the ability to read minds.

2.) This is a big one for me...when people don't say "THANK YOU." I absolutely hate when I hold a door open for someone, or simply do anything that any civilized person would extend a "thank you" for, and they blow it off as if it's expected you bow down to their holyness. Now that the Holidays are coming, I can already see I'm going to lose my voice screaming "YOUR WELCOME!" at their silence. Of course, I know I'll keep taking the high road and set myself up for inconciderate a$$h@!&s each and every time.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot one that my mother-in-law does all the time. On the few(Thank God!) occations that we meet them for dinner, I swear that all she does is complain about work. It's non stop from beginning to end. When I eat, I don't want to talk about stuff that's upsetting. There has got to be something good to talk about? I try to change the conversation to something positive, but, she just blows it off and goes right back complaining. The best part, she's complaining about stuff that has absolutely nothing, I repeat 'nothing', to do with her, her job, or her job responsibilities! I think she's just one of those people whose not happy unless they're complaining or ruining everybody elses day that she comes in contact with.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a few -
slow drivers
drivers that cut you off and then turn making you stop or slow down
no turn signal
people without respect for their peers
rolls of anything must come over the top, not under the bottom
kids that do not listen to their parents
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
People who have "Musical" ringtones, keep the ring volume at super high, refuse to put it on silent when in a restaurant, theater, or office, and force everyone within earshot to endure their "favorite" for what seems like an eternity before answering their incoming call.

People who hit the brakes, stop at an intersection, then turn on their signal.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

while this peeve isn't so bad here.
One that is growing on my list is people who post images in forums (arfcom) that are so god awful big, it doesn't fit on my 21" monitor and takes 10 minutes to load thru my broadband connection.
for the most part, people here attach their image so its a thumbnail and i can view it in a separate window and its resized.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
People who have "Musical" ringtones, keep the ring volume at super high, refuse to put it on silent when in a restaurant, theater, or office, and force everyone within earshot to endure their "favorite" for what seems like an eternity before answering their incoming call.
YES, or they look at their phone, decide they don't wanna talk so put it back in their purse or set it on the table without turning off the ringer
---you have a cell phone for a reason, answer it, but if you can't answer it because of work or something it brings to mind when i would always ask my g/f of the point of turning off a cell phone...there is no point, when you can just put it on silent and then see who has called without any disturbance

I also hate when people ask dumb question's that they pretty much already know the answer to. Like when I would walk into class with a motorcycle helmet and a guy would ask me "hey, so do you ride a motorcycle?". I would simply reply in a less than appropriate voice..."no, the doctors make me wear this helmet because I hit my head on walls." They would get mad and say I was being rude, and I just say well thats what you get when you ask dumb questions...Of course I ride a motorcycle, I don't just carry this thing around for the fun of it.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM

With trucks...I really dislike it when people who drive around in their trucks with their towing mirrors folded out and no trailer behind them....EVER. I have plenty of those people around my town. Clean spotless trucks. Empty beds without scratches. No goose neck ***** and no receiver hitches but they cruise around town with their mirrors out at all times.

In general...well...one thing I can think of now is I hate it when people walk SLOW. Im sure Im being kinda unfair cause Im tall and have 3 foot strides but some people just walk around as if they have no intention or want of any kind to get to their location. Most of the time people like this walk in small groups and take up the whole sidewalk. Sometimes...when Im stuck behind them...especially when Im in some kind of rush I wanna punch these people in the back of the head.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

you mean those guys carrying helmets are just trying to make a fashion statement...
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 PM

well first of all i dont think iam really liked i do drive a little bit slower.my kid gets mad at me when he wants money and he has not done any kind of work.my wife says that i need to be nicer to people when they ask me what i think.but if people would stop b------g and mind there own business and think a little more for themselfs it would help and stop wondering what everbody else has and why they dont have the same.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
you mean those guys carrying helmets are just trying to make a fashion statement...
Like the number of times that I'm wearing my leather jacket & pin vest over my Harley t-shirt and someone asks "Do you have a Harley?"......
No........ I just wear this so I don't get crushed by a giant Milwaukee's Best beer can when I climb out of my minivan.

Heeeeere's your sign.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM

I can't stand liars including those who distort the facts so that it really is a lie. Lying is the groundwork for dishonesty in general. To make matters worse, liars think that other people are so stupid that they will believe the lies.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:00 PM

i cannot stand kids who do not know what it is to work for something, to actually earn it , and people who want a handout. redwake
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by GasganoFJ60
In general...well...one thing I can think of now is I hate it when people walk SLOW. Im sure Im being kinda unfair cause Im tall and have 3 foot strides but some people just walk around as if they have no intention or want of any kind to get to their location. Most of the time people like this walk in small groups and take up the whole sidewalk. Sometimes...when Im stuck behind them...especially when Im in some kind of rush I wanna punch these people in the back of the head.

Guilty as charged !! I am one of those "slow walkers" unless I have a reason not to. I wasn't always like this ... I was once like you and constantly in a hurry. Not anymore. I started forcing myself to walk slower, talk slower, eat slower ... and basically take my time enjoying everything I do. I feel MUCH better for doing it too.

But on the occasion that I am in a hurry and need to get somewhere NOW (fire, flooding etc)... I do tend to cuss the slow walkers that I have to climb over to get to my destination !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 AM

We all must remember one thing... God loves stupid people, that's whay he made so many. These are the ones that tick me off...
ALL OF THE FOREMENTIONED!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Those little ankle bitter dogs that bark at everything because the owner thinks it cute. My other peeve is the whole FORD OWNS CUMMINS Threads that keep showing up here.

Quick Reply: What are your pet peeves?