Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What are you guys doing for the holiday weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scraping the paint off the house to get ready to paint. I wish I was out dove hunting.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:49 AM

My weekend

Sweatin' on the Arabian Peninsula keeping that earl flowing so you can have fun with your toys.

L8r,...........dogger
Old 09-03-2006, 12:58 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well my plans for camping did not turn out had to come home early and rush a dog to the vet my boarder collie got kicked in head really bad and broke the skull so she is in stiches and sleeping on the the floor. her pride is a little hurt as there was some boy boarder collies there had me scared the little poop is my buddy soooo think ill pull the bed off the old gmc and put the flat bed on it and probilly wash the truck and pull the diff covers off and re do the seals.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:25 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Think I will laze around in Mexico, in a Paradise climate. Supposed to hit a high of 78 today. Need to change the rear brake pads on my wifes car, but that is an easy job. They are not worn, just plain noisy in reverse. Also have to change the spark plugs on her car (V6 gasser) and that is a super pain. May put that job off yet again.
Its not a holiday, so will continue to do my chores.
Le's see, what's next? Oh yes -
For all you American's, enjoy the day.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:23 AM

We're resting from our cross country train ride on Amtrak from Tampa Florida to Washington DC to Chicago to Seattle Washington and back. Hated to see it end. Still rockin' and rollin' this morning like we're still on the train. Hope to do the same next year but through Denver and Portland. Wife wants to ride back to DC for a couple of days and take the Acela to NYC and back.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM

Saturday/Sunday I was in Austin, and developed what looks like may be an injector pump issue. Today I'm at work (military), providing the "extra duty supervision" to a guy who got an Article 15 + extra duty.

I'd much rather be at home right now.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:41 PM

Glad everybody had a great holiday weekend! I just got back from beautiful North Idaho...went fishing with my Pops and took the dogs swimming...had a blast!

Back to worky tomorrow...
Old 09-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Workin' for me. Serves me right! Just got back from emergency - x-rays show no broken bones in right hand, just crushed tendons and ligaments on the back side of hand doc says - good! I can't pull the trigger hunting with a cast on.

Apparently, they're sending me home for days off tomorrow and light duty thereafter. Seems like the only way to get days off in the oilpatch, is to damage your body - go figure - not my fault by the way - just bad place on poor planning by the company rep.

Time to try get on consulting!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I went fishing Monday. Went trolling in the morning and caught a few Rainbow Runners. Had a great day out. Here are some pictures from the trip, for size reference, I stand 6'2".

Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 AM

Spent the entire weekend, Friday am/pm, Saturday (anniversary #23) am/pm, Sunday am/pm and Monday am, downloading Remington Nitro gold #71/2's at small fast moving missles called dove. By yesterday pm, I had launched 2.5 boxes and bagged 20 birds. I think I am gonna go to the skeet range and get some more practice b4 I go to south Texas in search of the illustrious white wings......

Least my shoulder don't hurt.......

Boom Boom Gary