Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What is the worse or funniest thing your puppy has ever done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the worse or funniest thing your puppy has ever done?

I got home last night and my girlfriend ran out to my truck and asked me if eggs were bad for dogs. I told her no as long as they aren't old. Then she asked me ok how about a dozen eggs? The GF had gone shopping and left a dozen eggs sitting on a chair in the dining room because she was late to pick up the kids. My youngest dog pulled the carton down and started eating eggs shells and all. She got better at it as she kept eating and on the last 3 or 4 learned that she could just crack the shell open and suck the egg out. She's a pain in the rear sometimes. I have a theory. God made dogs and kids cute so we don't kill them. I had to laugh.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought my wife a large box of chocolates for Valentine's Day many years ago. She made the mistake of leaving the box on a sofa table in the den when we went to work the next day. When we got home, our two Shelties had managed to get the box down onto the floor, open it and clean it completely out.

If anyone tries to tell you that chocolate will kill dogs, I offer the above as a rebuttal. It certainly cleans out their systems, though!!

Rusty
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
one of my cattle dogs that is a boarder collie ain't good for much she don't like working cows or herding them but she will go to just have fun and her name is MissPriss.

OK so she don't like thunder loud noises any thing that pretty much goes KABOOM. So we were gone one evening an we left the dogs out side cause it was a nice day and evidently a storm rolled in and started to thunder well she was having nothing to do with that and she got ahold of the door **** and chewed it to pieces tell she was able to get in side and hide in the laundry room under a pile of cloths. Well thats fine but she needs to learn to shut the door every single barn we have or roams around here was in the house were talking like 10-15 cats and out of all of them there are 3 that are "house cats" i had to use a fishing net and cattle cutting skills to catch them.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I had a German short haired pointer that was an excellent bird dog. I left him in the house as I left to go do something and returned about half an hour later. I opened the front door and saw cotton stuffing all over the floor from the couch and when I looked at the couch all I saw was his head poking up out of the hole he dug in the couch

Funny now, but I wasn't laughing at the time this happened. I left him inside because it was raining and I felt sorry for him. I guess he thought I went hunting with out him and he threw a fit.

Wifey was happy, she got a new couch out of the deal I only had him about a week longer when somebody stole him from my car. I stopped to return a book at the library and locked the doors.

I walked up the steps and dropped the book in the slot and when I turned around, he was already gone. Door was wide open on my car and he was No Where to be found.

Man that was some really fast dog napping, but one look at that dog and you knew he was a valuable hunting dog, and a pretty talented digger when it came to cotton batting
Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont know if it was teh coyote pup i brought home as a kid chewing through an oak door to get out, or our border collie daisey trying to herd teh mini-donkeys around....
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
My parents had dog that chewed up a lawnmower. Tires, muffler, gas cap. Anything he could get his chops around.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned

One day I was shopvacin out the back of my truck just minding my one business and all the sudden the vac goes shooting across the bed of the truck slams into the side and starts to go over the edge. Now I have no idea at this point why this is happening, then the vac starts to go over the edge and I dive for it and fall out of my truck and land on my shoulder 5ft down onto the concrete I flip over in shock and see my golden lookin at me across the yard with a orange cord in his mouth. The vac was banged up as was I, but the funniest thing I looked at him and he looked at me then he dropped the cord and bolted for the backyard.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

My fiances dog...a yorkie...is a flippin dork just plain and simple. Well when you let the dog outside to go take a dump, he lifts his butt up in the air and basically does a handstand while he's doing his business.

Well one day I just happened to look out the window as he was going to town, and he must have pushed a little to hard and flipped over frontward and landed on his back. He then managed to freak out and flop all over the ground and roll all over his poo.........I was so freakin mad cuz now he had to take a bath, but it was so funny watching that happen!!

~Nick
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
One day I was shopvacin out the back of my truck just minding my one business and all the sudden the vac goes shooting across the bed of the truck slams into the side and starts to go over the edge. Now I have no idea at this point why this is happening, then the vac starts to go over the edge and I dive for it and fall out of my truck and land on my shoulder 5ft down onto the concrete I flip over in shock and see my golden lookin at me across the yard with a orange cord in his mouth. The vac was banged up as was I, but the funniest thing I looked at him and he looked at me then he dropped the cord and bolted for the backyard.
Did he say "Rut Roh!? before leaving the scene?

I bet you anything he said watch this to the neighbors dog just before he dragged you out of the truck he did that on purpose!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Everytime it snows my dog thinks it's time to play. I will tell him to go use the restroom and when he's done he will stand there,waiting for me to pick him up as I come up on him he takes off running.This goes on for about 15 min. I am wanting to beat his hiney but when he looked at me I said no and he takes off again
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Banned

Man that would have been hilarious to watch I bet your dog was invisioning the worst beating of his life about to happen so he made a run for it

GREAT STORY!!

~Nick
Old 11-08-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a Rottie once that would launch himself about 10 feet horizontal when coming out of the back of the truck and tear around like he was possessed. He came out of the truck once and grabbed a good-sized stick and tried to go full blast through a gate. Well the gate was narrower than the stick. Set him right on his ***. I think it scared him more than hurt but he was yelping and ran over to me and sat down. From then on he'd still come flying out of the truck and grab any stick he could find, but he'd run up to the gate and "slowly" walk through it. It was back to full speed ahead once he got the stick through.

My new pup, a 3 1/2 month old Caucasian Ovcharka, does so much crazy stuff it's hard to pick one. He sleeps on the register when the furnace is going, then goes outside and lays on the cold cement to cool off. Then it's back to the register...

I'd forgotten how busy pups can be. Or how sharp their teeth are.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Did he say "Rut Roh!? before leaving the scene?

I bet you anything he said watch this to the neighbors dog just before he dragged you out of the truck he did that on purpose!
You know that dog is very funny he does things that make you think, like when I go to the kennel to get all the dogs out the others will jump around and get all excited he won't, he just looks at you with this really serious look like are you gonna let me out or what. And another time I caught him chewing on one of my motorcycle boots I got mad at him at took it away and gave him a little smack and returned the boot back to the garage, well I went back to cleaning my rims and then I had this weird feeling about 5 min later so I turn around and that same boot was right behind swaying back and forth and he was no where to be seen. I know he did that that because he was taunting me.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 PM

I came home from work my roommates dog is missing and I find all this fluff on the floor look over at 2nd roommates couch and there a big whole in it with the 1st roommates kitten sleeping in it. His dog was hiding under the covers in his room he new he was in big trouble

My Doby runs and hides in the bath tub when the vacuum get's turned on, attack's the lawnmower barking & bitting on the tires if it's running or not. He also as a puppy decided to have some fun in the garden and squashed FLAT everything in site
Old 11-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by megajoltman
I came home from work my roommates dog is missing and I find all this fluff on the floor look over at 2nd roommates couch and there a big whole in it with the 1st roommates kitten sleeping in it. His dog was hiding under the covers in his room he new he was in big trouble
Hey! Your roomate got my dog!

Quick Reply: What is the worse or funniest thing your puppy has ever done?