Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What a week!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a week!!!

Well now that all of the Christmas shopping is done, Im a bit more relaxed.... Until now, My thoughts where to sit back, take some time off or work, spend time with family and friends and forget all of my worries for a while.. Right??? HAHA Wrong...

It all started with this cold weather. I had the Ford F-350 in the driveway along side of the Dodge 3500. I plugged both in before i went to bed due to low temps around -25F that night. All is well through out the night. I wake up around 7AM to find the front bumper, fog lights. grill and a few oil coolders have melted off of the ford and have created a pile of black goo in my driveway.. what the crap.. Turns out the cord going to the block heater shorted out on the bumper and caused some things to get pretty dangum hott over night! Not to mention the ole dodge needs some attention as well, like some new front end parts (ball joints, Tie rods, bearings etc.) Now Im on extremly short and limited time with my friend, the VP-44. As im loosing power fast, it idles like crap after i hot rod it a bit, loss in fuel economy, and hates to start when its hot. Well I guess i better get back to work, and start fixin some stuff around here.. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Give the Ford engineers credit.

The block WAS warm, correct?

Yeah I feel your pain, ....last week wasn't kind to my truck either......VP went toes up Wednesday evening in the not-so-nice section of Washington DC.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 PM

Sorry to hear of the problems. Best of luck.
Shovelhead, were you "heavy" when the VP went TU? With the nice pix you have in your gallery?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Sorry to hear of the problems. Best of luck.
Shovelhead, were you "heavy" when the VP went TU? With the nice pix you have in your gallery?
Nope, not in DC, and definitely not where I work.
I might have many friends in the Base Security Forces, but if a Dog 'alerts' on my vehicle at a checkpoint or when randomly 'sweeping' the parking lots.......I'll be in deeeeeeep doo-doo.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:52 PM

Man That sucks..........I'm pretty **** about my wiring to my 5 heaters on my truck...all my wires are covered with a nylon protector. Its basicly the same style as the regular wire loom at NAPA, but it is what we use for military applications.