Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What tree stand do you hunt from?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tree stand do you hunt from?

Looking mainly for climbers. Main use will be for bow hunting. What do you guys hunt out of?

I've been looking at the Summit Razor SS(I like the fold down front) API has a couple that are open in the front that I like too. Just curious what everyone uses, or what they like. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:59 AM

I've had an Ol man climber for about 8 years, I love it. Use it for both gun and bow hunting, you just flip the seat section up or down depending on which weapon. The only complaint I've got is that it has just lately started squeaking a little, like when you have to stand and turn around, the bushings are starting to go bad maybe. Fine for gun hunting, had me seriously peeved during bow season. But it is comfortable for all day hunting, really stable, and fairly quiet to set up.

I'm considering a Summit razor as an archery stand this year.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tree lounge Hunts and sleeps good. It’s almost too comfortable. A little pricey but well worth the money from a safety and comfort level.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 AM

I LOVE my API Grand Slam (bowhunter model) It has a rubber coated chain to grip the tree, much quieter and safer than the cable that alot of companies use (I know from experience) You can't go wrong with this one. All of my buddies are useing em now too!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 AM

I litterally wore my tree lounger out. I'm now mainly using a Summit from Bass Pro but I can't remember which one. I also have some kind of a generic climber called a trails end or something like that. I got it on close out at wal-mart for next to nothing. It's not noisy but it's not very compact and it's hard to pack in deep.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:53 AM

Ole Man original. I'm alittle biased since I worked at the Ole Man factory while attending USM back in 98...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM

I've been looking at the Grand Slam series from API. A couple guys at work have them and love them. I also like the Summit Razor. I like the fact that the front bar folds down. Where can I find the Ole Man climbers? I've tried searching real quick and haven't come up with anything. Has anyone seen those full body harness tree swing thing? No stand, you are kinda just hanging from the tree in a harness. I've heard they're pretty comfortable. Seems crazy just hanging from a tree.