Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

what motorcycle should i get

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get one of these..
http://www.canyonchasers.net/blog/ar...otorcycle.html

way COOL..
Old 02-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
WOW .............. 90hp and 150 ftlbs of torque
and it says it gets 150 MPG

Thanks for the link.

Hey Wifey,
I know what ya can get me for Christmas.........................
Old 02-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Banned

I havent had any luck finding out any other info. I dont know if it's even available in the states or not. Pretty cool though. I sure would like to build a chopper out of one now that would be original..
Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM

more info
http://www.peace65.freeserve.co.uk/Pictures/vw.htm

looks like it might be a One-Off Homebuilt.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by halerazor
it has to be a honda i buy my dad gets 20% off of it since he works at honda. i'm either going to buy a 600rr or a 1000rr. i'm 25 and 6'1 so i think i might buy which everone is more comfortable. i can buy a new bike cheaper than i can buy a used one, but if the 600's are less stable than the 1000's maybe i'll just get a 1000rr
You started out this thread by saying you wanted a VRod. I sure thought those were Harleys. They say "Harley Davidson" on the tank. Now you are saying you gotta buy a Honda????? Since now you are saying you gotta buy a Honda, then all of us offering advice on other brands are wasting our time??
Old 02-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
do the smart thing if your gona ride this is how i started .....1st got an old honda cb350 perfect for beginner after lots of miles and some minor wipeouts i got a suzuki 500 twin two stroke (man that bike was fast) than when i desided to ride responsably ... a Harley davidson twin cam and to me now crusing on this bike
is real nice your not in a race unless its to the ER
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 PM

rebal, I can count the people I know that even know what a Titan is on one finger.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Are they still in business?
I haven't seen one around here in quite a while.

I guess so.
http://www.titanmotorcycles.com
Old 02-22-2005, 08:09 PM

I'll never ride a bike again! have fun
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Its all how u ride it, my first was a CBR 600F4I For the most part I'm still alive.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM

They've got Titans at the local HD dealership.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:50 AM

I couldn't suggest more strongly to go with the small bike 1'st. I've down twice and saved by my helmet surely once and probably twice. I ride a YZF R1 which is equivalent to the 1000rr and let me tell you even when being careful it can and will get away from you at some point. Shovelhead said it best "its not if your going down but, when". The second time I was going slow and hit a pot hole which jarred me and I moved the throttle about a 1/4in and with 150HP on hand the front end unloaded and over i went since I was in a corner. I also agree to take the MSF course, I did and I've ridden for a while and also ride with 2 friends that race in the AMA expert class "pro", and when not paying attention for even a second "pot hole" you'll go down. The 600 is smoking fast but is a little more forgiving powerwise than the 1000. Sorry to rant but I had 5 surgery's after the first and wouldn't want to see anybody go through that and all things considered, I was lucky.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:51 AM

you can go down on any bike and get seriosly injured i know these bikes aren't very forgiving, but i don't plan on getting stupid on it. i just don't want to buy a bike that i'm not going to be happy with and enjoy. it would be like buying a hyaundai over a ferrari. i looked at insurance today online and it was $1200 a year for the 600rr then i got a quote online for a shadow 750 and it was $250 a year.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:06 AM

I'm gonna leave with this... A guy that starts out on something like a RR, F4i, etc.. in the name will 98% of the time not become as good of a rider as someone who starts on a smaller bike that doesn't have the power..

Seen it for YEARS...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by dieselcrazy
interested in a Buell ??
I've owned numerous sport bikes, from a 250 ninja on up. The biggest mistake I ever made was buying a Buell. I remember reading about Erik Buell in the late 80's and seeing pictures of his bikes when he was making a couple a year. I bought a Buell in 1998 and paid about 10,500, which at the time was about 3,000 under the list price. I found out why about 6 months later, when it had vibrated into pieces.

I found out what it was really worth when I tried to trade it and no dealer would touch it. I found a dealer that wasn't familiar with how bad the market was and they offered my 8,000 dollars for the piece of junk. After they saw how fast I said yes, they told me that they had to make a call. The salesman came out and said that he had just contacted the dealer where I had bought the bike, and that they changed their mind. The told me they would be able to give me 4,000 for it. A bike that sold for close to 14,000 new was worth 4,000 six months later without a scratch on it and only 3,500 miles...

Phone calls to H-D about the problems I was having were unsuccessful. When I called I told them I was going on a 7 day trip to Canada and that the bike was burning a quart of oil every 300 miles. I said that would mean with the 2.5qt oil tank I would have to carry a case of oil with me. They told me "no, you can buy the oil while you are on the road....just find a harley dealer to get authentic H-D oil". When I told them about other problems with pieces falling off, including the front sprocket, they told me maybe I should have bought another brand of motorcycle, then hung up on me.

When I accepted the fact that I was stuck with the bike I sent H-D a letter explaining all the problems with the bike, and the reaction from H-D customer service in Milwaukie, and the deal I had almost got to get out of the bike that was ruined by the very dealer that I had bought the bike from. Finally I got a call from the dealer who realized he may have a potential legal problem from his advise to the other dealer about the bike. He made it right by purchasing the bike back from me for 8,000....(-$2500 in 6 months). I nearly broke his wrist grabbing the check though...

Anyway the short answer is DON'T BUY A BUELL.... I think Erik Buell selling the lions share of Buell Motors to H-D has ruined an interesting idea of making an American Sportbike.

If I had to buy a Honda, I would buy a VTR1000. I looked at them, but ended up buying a BMW R1100S. A twin is a nice bike to learn on, and is one that you won't be selling in 6 months after you out grow it.

Quick Reply: what motorcycle should i get