Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What makes a woman happy

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What makes a woman happy

[quote author=Javaluva link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62387 date=1036520291]I certainly wouldn't call a girl who can change her own oil, do her own car maintenance, drink beer and belch with the best of 'em trashy...I'd call her resourceful and pretty darn scarce! It's not every day you meet a woman that can be the perfect lady [/quote]<br><br>well, the belching part isn't attractive, but the day i meet a girl who drives her own diesel and changes her own oil (and i like for the other reasons)- i will marry ;D<br><br>heck, it's bad enough that most guys don't like to tinker with cars/trucks, nevermind finding a girl who does...
Old 11-05-2002, 01:56 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62318 date=1036514082]<br>....Some even change their own oil and do their own car maintenance. Can drink beer with the best of em. And can out belch a couple of my friends......<br>[/quote]<br><br>mmm...sounds like a reeeeel sweetheart! :
Old 11-05-2002, 04:28 PM

Darrell B, I feel you will find the answer to your concerns by reading the questions and situations you gave when opening this thread. A lady can't feel important, loved, and #1 in a serious relationship if she is playing third fiddle to a diesel truck.<br><br>Give thought to your priorities. Reads like your life now is your truck and everything else gets in line behind it. A truck can transport you and cargo from point A to point B. That is the primary pupose of road vehicles. Its my opinion that a happy mate can provide more to life than a vehicle. <br><br>Relationships and marriages come with a price if they are solid and growing in strength. With your truck it takes time and investments to maintain and increase its power output. Relationships are the same. Investments in the relationship usually pays dividends when each member feels and knows they are #1 in the others life. <br><br> For me, it is best to &quot;love my wife and like the truck&quot;. This has worked well with my present wife. In case I jokingly mislead you some, we've been married for 40 years.<br><br>Jerry<br><br><br><br><br>
Old 11-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Banned

A woman will leave you, your truck never will. That's why I take such good care of mine. My past girlfriends knew that my truck came before them. And they have lasted 10 1/2 months and 6 months.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Wifey accepts my &quot;other women&quot; (the CTD and my scoots), only 'cuz I let her know by words and actions that she will always be #1 on my list.<br><br>I like my truck, but I ain't plannin' on sleepin' in the garage.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:31 PM

Well I got some good news and some bad news.

First off, I did ask if Julie wanted to go to BMD but she said &quot; it's too cold and you wont have any fun if I go&quot; That's not true I would have enjoyed it if she would have went. She would have gotten to meet some of my new freinds and seen while I like going to these events. So I told her I would be back Saturday evening and we would go do something she wanted to do. (see I'm not such a bad guy)

Well this morning, after having all night to think about it, I went to Julie's house and tried to talk to her. Once she opened the door and noticed it was me she tried to slam it in my face. I stuck my foot in and said &quot; we aren't going to play this game. I care too much to just ignore the problem.&quot;

I got in the door and she proceded to tell me I was only half the problem. [undecided] It seems that after I left Friday that Julie's mother called her at work and told her that they (her mom and dad) were getting a devorce. (nice to call your daughter at work and tell her that) &gt;

Since I wasn't there to talk to I'm and I quote &quot;The Di#$ Head&quot;
Seems Julie tried several times to call but my cell phone wasn't in service. So instead of getting mad a her mom and dad she got mad at me for 2 days. I stayed at her house till 12:30pm today just sitting there listening. She decided to go to work and I went home and went ot bed.

Talked to her tonight before I got called into work and she said she's doing better but is taking the rest of the week off work and staying home. I asked if she wanted some company and she said, that she would apritiate it if I would stay with her this week. So I'll be staying with her for the week and hopefully we can get things ironed out.

Thanks for your help Java and to the rest of you guys too. I kinda like this one and hate to loose her. It's been nice for me to have someone to talk to also.

Julie's coming into work tonight just cause she doesn't want to sit at home alone.

Thanks again, you guys and gal are the best.

Darrell
Old 11-05-2002, 07:59 PM

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(<br><br>Gawd, I loooove happy endings. ;D
Old 11-05-2002, 08:57 PM

Wifey tells me that she's always suffering from PMS.

Puttin-up with My S........well......stuff yeah that's it, stuff. ;D

Hey Gonzo.....Sheepy's back.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=GONZO link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=30#62669 date=1036551204]<br>I tell my wife I love her in the morning and when we go to sleep at night, seems to work for me. God knows I am not easy to live with. <br>[/quote]<br>Yeah buddy you better get your tude right before I clean out the spare room for your sorry carcass,One bad attitude is enough in this house. Well actually my wife is not all that bad
Old 11-05-2002, 10:17 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Karen's certain If she got mad and booted me out, I'd be just as content sleeping in my truck with my chainsaw as a pillow, so she won't bother. Nobody has to let her know otherwise.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=Redleg link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=30#62721 date=1036556222]<br>Karen's certain If she got mad and booted me out, I'd be just as content sleeping in my truck with my chainsaw as a pillow, so she won't bother. Nobody has to let her know otherwise. <br>[/quote] Fluffs up the chainsaw for redleg, lays a chocolate on top of it ;D
Old 11-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Good for you, Darrell!! I'm glad you didn't sit back and hope for it to blow over...see, communication is the key....
Old 11-07-2002, 11:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

[quote author=Javaluva link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=30#63438 date=1036684414]<br>Good for you, Darrell!! I'm glad you didn't sit back and hope for it to blow over...see, communication is the key.... <br>[/quote]<br> Yeah and I bet that begging and groveling on the floor bit didn't hurt too much either! <br><br> Today the &quot;Gap&quot; celebrated it's new debut of the Groveling line of clothing for men. Butch &quot; BUBBA&quot; Jackson spokesman for the Groveling corporation, stated &quot;Mens apparel with a concealed kneeling pad is an idea who's time has come&quot;. &quot;Millions of men all over the world, will now enjoy a more carefree and loving relationship with their significant others, without having to sacrifice their wardrobe.&quot; ;D
Old 11-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Banned

Wuss. Show her who wears the pants in the relationship.

Quick Reply: What makes a woman happy