Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What makes a woman happy

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What makes a woman happy

[quote author=98rammer link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=0#62263 date=1036510123]<br>you said it. i don't understand why (typically) the girl will get mad at you, so us guys ask &quot;what's wrong?&quot;. then they get POed at us for not knowing the problem. &quot;they (guys) did it, they should know what's wrong&quot;. but that's rarely the case!!! guys are stupid!! i am one of them!! ;D no really though..it's communication.<br>[/quote]<br><br>That's when you say, you need to tell me what's wrong because I'm obviously clueless, to which she'll retort, well, what do YOU think is wrong??...to which you'll reply, honestly? I don't know, that's why you need to tell me so I can make sure I don't screw up again...at which time, she'll probably start pouting again because she's not &quot;man enough&quot; to fess up to what's bothering her and you'll give her a hug and a kiss and say, regardless of what it is, I still love you and want you to know that I'm here to listen when you're ready...and visa versa....
Old 11-05-2002, 09:59 AM

Wick..please remember that your posting in mixed company..I for one do not like this type of language with mixed company aboard...I would not allow you to talk like that around my wife...soooooo think first please
Old 11-05-2002, 10:05 AM

Actually I am married and my wife thinks it is funny. I think you people need to laugh. It was a thats all. Sorry if I offended anyone...
Old 11-05-2002, 10:06 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a gal and willyslover met her...it was really difficult trying to figure out what mood or what challenge lay ahead for me several times through each day. Eventually I figured out that her mood swings and stuff where symptoms of a deeper problem that reared its ugly head after we got married. She was trying to be something she was not and it took its toll on both of us.<br><br>Now I have a great gal in my life...we talk about all stuff...and she is quick to let me know of good or bad that is happening or she is seeing and there is not a lot of bad...thats good!<br>Heck, she is even ordering a new diesel in the spring! She respects what I do and I do the same for her...we are a team, not a struggle. What a relief.<br><br>I'm not claiming to be a saint either as I have had a few of my character defect mess up situations. I finally had to look at 'me'. Once I did that I was able to see the difference in what is petty and what is important.<br><br>One line I always remember...<br>Its ok to compromise and sometimes ok to sacrifice. However, if you are sacrificing all the time, you will learn to hate the one you love.<br><br>Some tact would be nice Wick.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:16 AM
Administrator

[quote author=wick link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62294 date=1036512344]<br>Actually I am married and my wife thinks it is funny. I think you people need to laugh. It was a thats all. Sorry if I offended anyone... <br>[/quote]<br><br>If you haven't noticed, we have a good time all the time...and we don't need vulgarity to do it....
Old 11-05-2002, 10:21 AM

No one is perfect. We all have our flaws, some more than others. And you don't have to find the &quot;perfect match&quot; to have a good relationship. Mandy hit the nail on the head. Communication is the key. Sure there are problems that crop up from time to time, but communicating about these problems can prevent them from turning into bigger problems that can destroy the relationship. That said, it is something that is sometimes easier said than done, especially, for some reason, for us guys. But it is something that all involved must work at and develop throughout the relationship. Not trying to get all &quot;mushy&quot; here, but just look at the situation in an honest way. Anyway, that's my $.02.<br><br>CR
Old 11-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Banned

Communication, compassion, caring, mushy stuff. Nice wish. It may work on some, but not all. A couple of girls down here are a little on the trashy side (the way I like it). Some even change their own oil and do their own car maintenance. Can drink beer with the best of em. And can out belch a couple of my friends. So not all women want that. Just ask her what is wrong. If she says nothing, then you better keep asking till she deems you worthy of an answer. Oh yeah. Next time you go to a diesel event, take her with you.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62318 date=1036514082]<br>Communication, compassion, caring, mushy stuff. Nice wish. It may work on some, but not all. A couple of girls down here are a little on the trashy side (the way I like it). Some even change their own oil and do their own car maintenance. Can drink beer with the best of em. And can out belch a couple of my friends. So not all women want that. Just ask her what is wrong. If she says nothing, then you better keep asking till she deems you worthy of an answer. Oh yeah. Next time you go to a diesel event, take her with you.<br>[/quote]<br><br>You got it.<br>My gal is getting diesel to go with too!<br>The neighbors will love me even more. :P
Old 11-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one is very very close. Wick, you have a msg in your inbox.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:57 AM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62318 date=1036514082]<br>Communication, compassion, caring, mushy stuff. Nice wish. It may work on some, but not all. A couple of girls down here are a little on the trashy side (the way I like it). Some even change their own oil and do their own car maintenance. Can drink beer with the best of em. And can out belch a couple of my friends. So not all women want that. Just ask her what is wrong. If she says nothing, then you better keep asking till she deems you worthy of an answer. Oh yeah. Next time you go to a diesel event, take her with you.<br>[/quote]<br><br>trashy? ??? um.....i like nice girls. as for taking your girlfriend/wife to the diesel meets, do it! i've met many women at the meetings, heck one has her own diesel that's a little modded.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Banned

Two words. Yes dear. ;D Roses, chocolates, and teddy bears are nice to. Saved my dad many times. And he's been married for 27 years.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck, it's saved me many times, and I've only been married for 7!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Administrator

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=6628;start=15#62318 date=1036514082]<br>Communication, compassion, caring, mushy stuff. Nice wish. It may work on some, but not all. A couple of girls down here are a little on the trashy side (the way I like it). Some even change their own oil and do their own car maintenance. Can drink beer with the best of em. And can out belch a couple of my friends. So not all women want that. Just ask her what is wrong. If she says nothing, then you better keep asking till she deems you worthy of an answer. Oh yeah. Next time you go to a diesel event, take her with you.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I certainly wouldn't call a girl who can change her own oil, do her own car maintenance, drink beer and belch with the best of 'em trashy...I'd call her resourceful and pretty darn scarce! It's not every day you meet a woman that can be the perfect lady when times call for it and one of the guys when there's a diesel event to attend. But deep down inside, she's still a woman with emotional needs, regardless of how hard she is on the outside. There's a big difference between estrogen and testosterone and what they do to our emotional requirements and the way we think. Just because a girl dresses in overalls and chews tobacco, it doesn't make her any less of a woman than me or the next lady.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:33 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy Her Her own CTD

Quick Reply: What makes a woman happy