Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What on earth ...???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 04:33 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Re:What on earth ...???????

[quote author=Hoss link=board=10;threadid=18721;start=0#msg175651 date=1061567747]
Why do I think I know where this is headed?? : :P Think I'll stay out of this one. Bigger fish to fry.

[url=http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Matthew+6%3A34& amp;version=NASB][/quote]

Knew you could not stay out. ;D Hmmm, only six posts so far
Old 08-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=10;threadid=18721;start=15#msg175768 date=1061588028]Knew you could not stay out. ;D Hmmm, only six posts so far
[/quote]

Not staying out of the thread....just out of the topic I thought you were starting.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:36 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Ah so, a diversionary tactic. :
Old 08-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope...just avoiding that topic of conversation while at the same time making myself heard.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:52 PM

Now let me see if I have this correct. You have a need to be heard ??? You don't want to talk about the subject of this thread but you want to keep the thread going?? ???
Think I will stop here and let some of the other guys on this site finish it ;D
Then maybe we can get back to the subject.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here I'll answer your question:
Too many darn people in this world. Too hard on our resources. There I said it. Flame suit on, buckled down and I am floating in the pool.. ;D

Edited by Admin
Old 08-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote author=spots link=board=10;threadid=18721;start=15#msg175785 date=1061589715]
Here I'll answer your question:
Too many d**n people in this world. Too hard on our resources. There I said it. Flame suit on, buckled down and I am floating in the pool.. ;D
[/quote]

Too many "Me"s and not enough "Us"s :
Old 08-22-2003, 06:29 PM

whats the point of this thread?
DM01
Old 08-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Point?
Threads have to have a point now? :

Old 08-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Banned

Needles have points. Thread is the stuff that goes behind it binds all stuff together and buttons and stuff... ;D
Old 08-22-2003, 07:23 PM

lordy :
DM01
Old 08-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Banned

yer welcome... ;D
Old 08-22-2003, 11:21 PM

Your question is excellent.

The common thought is that through science, government, etc., etc. we will make a better world -- a utopia. In other words we are supposed to be evolving to a higher state (so that someday we will all be bald with big oval eyes, skinny arms and legs, and all dress in the same silver jumpsuits).

Despite the marketing this idea receives, the evidence tells us this is not true. Sure we have better sanitation but our air is becoming unsafe to breathe and our water is questionable. A few stars get together and sing a catchy tune and we think starvation has been solved. It hasn't. A few politicians get together and write a peace accord and we think peace reigns but it doesn't -- the world is ravaged by war on a daily basis.

The natural world also seems to be in upheaval. Whether we are taking natural or man-made disasters, the evidence suggests things are getting worse rather than better.

In North America you can say we have it great. Technically our standard of living is high, even many of our poor have it better than the poor in other countries. We have a sense of freedom almost unparalleled anywhere else on the globe. Opportunity appears to abound.

Yet we are in a state of drift -- a combination of hopelessness, fear, and apathy. We know that things are not quite as they seem yet we are powerless to make a difference. We slog through life without purpose and without meaning.

We can't make ends meet and we are saddled with enormous debt. We are only one or two pay checks from disaster. We are overweight, under-nourished, and over-tired.

The answer -- consume, consume, and consume some more. We self-medicate by consuming -- resources, food, entertainment, and when all that doesn't work, bring on the anesthetics (drugs, alcohol, etc.).

We are not in a upward spiral to bliss but a downward fall to self-destruction. We may have glossed up the exterior, re-packed and re-branded, but it the same story that has been going on for thousands of years.

The solution is deceptively simple. On one hand it is very easy - so easy you might laugh. On the other hand, it is probably the most difficult thing a person can do.

Put your trust in God. Trusting in God isn't going to fix the world. But it will fix how you face the world and it will give you strength to make it one more day. Trusting in God will give you real purpose and real meaning.

It is the easiest thing you can do and the hardest thing you can do. But it is the most worthwhile thing you can do.

Regardless of your beliefs right now try saying this each day (out loud or in your head - doesn't matter): Lord, God, I am unable to do it on my own. I don't know you and I don't trust you but I want to know you and I want to trust you. I give you permission to enter my life and to show me the way. Open my eyes to the purpose you have for me.

All the best,
Brad
Old 08-23-2003, 04:54 AM

Great answer. Now let's hear from others and see if they disagree or agree.
Daily I try and trust God and put Him first, and daily I fail. Why, because I am lazy, selfish, in too big a hurry to do my own thing and a bunch of other reasons. Don't understand why I do those stupid things because whenever I do trust God and put him first in my life I see a real difference. God does bless me in many ways and I am truly thankful to Him for his many mercies. Daily I do thank Him for the wonderful blessings I have been given and now desire to show others just how wonderful He is and what He can do for them if they will trust Him more. How can something so easy be so difficult?
I believe that the world is in the mess it is today because so many have turned their backs on Jesus Christ. Non Christians are free to challenge me on this statement but remember to do so with reason. If you want to flame me then PM me. Bible prophecy from 1000's of years ago is deadly accurate and the state of the world and man today is EXACTLY in line with this Biblical prophecy. It is fascinating to read it. I would challenge everybody to get some of the recent books on prophecy and see for yourself. Don't just rely on what you read in the media. PM me if you need titles and authors.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:14 AM

Mexstan, came across a boooklet (The God Of Israel) by David L. Cooper and checked to see what came back in a search (http://www.biblicalresearch.info/) it and the text of others are there, to me its a good read. The truth is, for each of us individually when everything is all done for better or worse the event is coming where it will be just God and you, I'm asking for all the grace He's offering before I get there.
Under the Blood
Norm

Quick Reply: What on earth ...???????