Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What does every one do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 08:14 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:What does every one do for a living?

That's all right... your past the first step now. :-*
Old 01-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant tell you, it's top secret. For my eyes only.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:52 PM

My name is David. I'm a facilities director for a growing company in Western NC. I live in extreme north Georgia. I also am the corporate co-pilot and fly a twin Cessna. Only had a Dodge diesel for 2 payments or 2 months whichever came first. Itchin to BOMB.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:03 PM
cp

My name is Charles, and I've had a bunch of nametags but nothing I'd call a career (from Wayne's World).<br><br>Like Lloyd, I once was a pilot for an airline (Midway) and, just like Lloyd, lost that job when they went bankrupt. Now flying a grey metal desk in a 6'x6' cubicle (smaller than a solitary confinement cell) shuffling papers, reading memos, memorizing Corporate Core Values and other HR nonsense, etc.<br><br>Other jobs included:<br>Fuel, pneumatic, grain, and dump trucking (family business)<br>Mechanic<br>Electrician<br>Gas station attendant<br>Warehouseman<br>Teamster<br>Backhoe operator<br><br>Any of which, except for the pay, was much more enjoyable than present cube-dweller occupation.<br><br>I have never worked in fast food. I suppose that's next.<br><br>Presently occupied with building a house, acting as my own general contractor and trying to teach myself how to play the guitar. Other hobbies put on hiatus include woodworking, fishing, hunting, reloading, motorcycles. Three kids, one grown and out of the house. Married before dirt was invented.
Old 01-29-2003, 09:43 PM

My name is Mike and live in east central Kansas. I am a technician at a nuclear powered electric generating plant (I don't glow). Wife, 2 kids, 12 &amp; 14. Hobbies are family, Bow-hunting deer (my favorite), hunting everything else, fishing, wood working, camping w/my 5'ver. I like to drink beer and the best beer to me is free beer. ;D
Old 01-30-2003, 09:05 PM

Bret is the name Im an electrician at 7 water treatment plants, and i have a couple of rentals fishin and driving the ram, motorcycles and church keeps me busy
Old 01-30-2003, 09:31 PM

i'm a professional firefighter in shreveport, La. i also work part time for a local ambulance service and volunteer for the local fire department when i'm off from my 2 paying jobs
Old 01-30-2003, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm Ron and I'm a mechanical designer working in the uranium mining industry. I golf, camp and love the fishing when I'm lucky enough to go to the minesite. (Can you say megabucks fly-in-fishing for free!) I'm married, no kids, dog and cat, and I'll drink beer when the rum's all gone. ;D
Old 02-14-2003, 10:36 PM

My name is Chris. I am in the United States Air Force and i load BOMBS on F-16's ;D I'm currently in Las Vegas but don't like it, trying to get to Alaska or somewhere cold
Old 02-15-2003, 12:52 AM

My name is Blaine and live in Gillette Wyoming. I work at a coal mine. Ride my 400 Suzuki dirt bike in the summer and my 800 Ski Doo in the winter. My wife is the best she puts up with me! I also have two kids boy 11 and girl 2. One would think that ten years apart they wouldn't fight, but they do.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:49 AM

Scooter and Berner,<br> Good to see that there are a couple rock farmers (mining industry) on here. I spent several years underground in one mine or another, gold, silver, gypsum, vanadium and uranium. <br> Never tried the coal mining .... couldn't use explosives there !!! <br><br>PISTOL
Old 02-15-2003, 08:15 AM

My names Jake live in Northwest Missouri farmed and run cattle all my 28 yr's and work with family owned constuction co. Caterpillar!!!! Haul livestock and cut hedge on the side. Like my MGD, Nat Light, and Cummins truck.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:33 PM

Received 366 Likes on 272 Posts

[quote author=chrisguthrie link=board=10;threadid=10146;start=60#104921 date=1045283779]<br>My name is Chris. I am in the United States Air Force and i load BOMBS on F-16's ;D I'm currently in Las Vegas but don't like it, trying to get to Alaska or somewhere cold<br>[/quote]<br>Hey Chris...I was a 462 also, but I went from a load crew to Weapons Release (more of a challenge, besides I didn't fit well under F-4's)...Could have been a great career, but at that time all I wanted out of the Air Force was me...Then spent an enjoyable 30 years as an auto mechanic until I opened a gun store 5 years ago...Best job in the world...Ben
Old 02-16-2003, 01:27 AM

My name is Javoss and I currently reside in just across the river from Portland OR ,damned liberal hellhole. I am a union plumber and work as a foreman plumber for a large portland based plumbing contractor. I used to have lots of hobbies related to the piston driven internal combustion world. Now I have a wife two girls, two and six, and a third girl on the way. I enjoy taking the kids sledding, camping ,fishing, and just generally driving my CTD.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:53 PM

HI MY NAME IS LUC<br>I WORK FOR A RECYLING YARD AKA WRECKING YARD.IN THE <br>PROCESS OF BUILDING A HOUSE (ALMOST FINISH),built it on<br>70 acres,play mostly with the house now,but usually play<br>with cars and trucks on the side.live in a small town outside<br>of the capital city of canada (ottawa)

Quick Reply: What does every one do for a living?