Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What does every one do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:24 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:What does every one do for a living?

My name is Bruce. I work full time for the Arkansas Army National Guard. I wear two hats in the Guard. My primary job is that of a Missile Maintenance Technician (Close Combat Anti Armor Weapons Systems) and when I don't have anything else to do, I'm the Assistant Marksmanship Coordinator for the Arkansas Guard. I spent from 1968 to 1978 in the Navy. Had 38 months in country time with the rest spent in submarines. Going on 35 years in uniform.<br>When I'm not doing anything for the Guard, I try to do a bit of farming. We have 45 acres 20 miles west of Little Rock with approximately 7 1/2 acres under cultivation. Our crops are organic (or is that orgasmic) and cater primarily to the pick your own market. Other than being a nice second income, it's a good tax deduction.<br>Been married for 32 years come June 19th (and to the same one at that). We have four children, son 30, daughters 27,24, and 14. Also have three grandsons ages 7,5, and 3.<br>Hobbies are hunting, fishing, and consuming cool, refreshing, adult beverages. Present project is restoring a 1962 Caddy for the youngest daughter and building a new home. Other than that, I don't do much of anything.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im Dan and Im a police officer as the locals would say, 5.0 or po po. and everything else u have heard. I work for one the the tenth largestest departments in the nation with only 3000 cop the last for digits of my screen name are my badge number. Ive always been into cars, and worked in a garage while i was in college diesels seem like the next best palce to be. I enjoy bulding things, i Make alot a stuff with my mig welder. I ride snowmobiles race cars when i have a working one and spend almost all my money cause i cant take it with me when i go. I have a wife who puts up with me dont know y and a 3 yr old son who is everything to me..<br><br>Jamie can u call in sick for a few day and send me as ur replacement i like the cold and going fast....<br><br>Dan
Old 01-27-2003, 11:43 AM

My name is Dave, I work as Ops Mgr for the local branch of a nationwide trucking company. Not bad work for a 23 yr old, no college either. I live in Hebron, Ky, right by the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Iny'l Airport (How many of you knew that the Cincinnati airport was in Kentucky?), and just south of Cincinnati, Oh. <br>I have many hobbies, camping, fishing, workin on cars, playing music, lots of stuff. <br>And what can I say... I love beer. Somewhat of a connosieur actually, not an alcholic. I always try local stuff when traveling, I love imports, dark beer, light beer, stout, lager, ale, porter, whatever. Wine and me don;t see eye to eye so I stay away from it. I rather enjoy a good bourbon, and sometimes a scotch or irish whiskey. Canadian whiskeys just don't do it for me, sorry, I know we got a lot of cannucks around here. JK. THats about it...<br>-Dave
Old 01-27-2003, 11:50 AM

I'm going to college but I also run a small 300acre farm in southern Ohio. My name is Aaron. I work for a coal powered power plant over the summer with my dad. We also run a grave digging business. Yep we plant dead people.
Hey it pays great. But farming is what I like. I have had one PSD thank god its gone. so far we have 5 dodges and one more on the way. ;D
I like to drink beer have fun and ride horses. usally all in the same day but sometimes I seprate. O yea I go mudding all the time. most times Its not planned [undecided]
DM01
Old 01-27-2003, 12:06 PM

hi my name is bruce and i have a problem <br>oh wrong thead jk <br><br>i am a network administrator <br>i have one degree and some certs and i'm going back for another degree in march <br>thats work <br>for fun its women and my truck <br>and bunch of other stuff <br>
Old 01-27-2003, 12:19 PM

Hi, my name is John Smith, no really. That's is why I go by John Mark or hey you! or time to eat.<br><br>I &quot;work&quot; as a development engineer for IBM's field service guys. I make sure they have proper tools for servicing the customer's hardware - get to play with everything from screwdrivers to oscilloscopes to fiber optic testers. Also run the calibration lab for all of the field's test equipment. I work so I can afford to play.<br><br>Can't &quot;work from home&quot; because of all of the expensive lab equipment I babysit. The pipe to the Internet is alot better here than the dialup at home. Plus cruising makes me look like I am busy working - unless I start laughing out loud.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:50 PM

Hi.. my name is Wayne. I do electrical work. Mostly fixin broke stuff. I live in the great state of Texas. I enjoy taking the wife and kid hunting and camping. Other hobbies include shooting and reloading, working with the horses, and part time fabricating draft horse wagons, and oh yeah, the little miss keeps me plenty busy haulin them barrel racin horses to the rodeos ;D <br>wk<br>p.s. Lone Star---the national beer of TEXAS
Old 01-27-2003, 12:55 PM

Hay there Bob here <br> I've been reading about all you guys an I guess I'm the only one so far that don't work. Not that I don't want to. I used to do steel fabrication an welding until 2 1/2 years ago when we were working on a tower an a beam broke off the crane an guess where it landed? Yep on Me, so for now I mostly play with my truck an travel around when my wife an son can go along. Hopefuly someday I'll be able to use my arm like its supose to work an I can get back to doing what I really like. That is steel fab. an welding.<br> Just trien to have fun Bob
Old 01-27-2003, 01:45 PM

My name is Bill and I have worked for The Chemistry Department at East Carolina University as an Electronics Technician for 29 1/2 years. I also have 2 part time jobs. I haul light freight for an express freight company nights and weekends when they need me. I mostly drive 1 of their 2 F-250 power strokes. They do have a 6 wheel Kenworth that I drive some times. I also work the 2 Nascar races at The North Carolina Speedway in Rockingham as a Fireman. I have been a volunteer fireman in my comunity for over 25 years.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:13 PM

Hi my name is Rick...I am a Network Analyst for a county government here in California. I have been in this line of work for over 22 years. Other things that I do are custom cabinets,run a catering business and oh yes...my truck!<br><br>Rick
Old 01-27-2003, 02:22 PM

I'm Tom Hybiske from Sturbridge, Massachusetts. I grew up in suburban Philadelphia, PA and lived for 13 years in Cherry Hill, NJ where my 2 children still reside. I design automotive sound system electronics for a major supplier of premium OEM audio systems. Along with playing with my diesel, I enjoy amateur radio, tending my lawn, garden and woods, and amateur inline speedskating where I skate in the Veterans division. This old man can still roll!
Old 01-27-2003, 02:39 PM

My name is Sandy and I'm originally from Nova Scotia but now live in Alberta with my terrific wife and my two awesome little kids, 3 and 5. I have a presently useless B.Sc. from university. I am an air traffic controller at the radar center responsible for Alberta, parts of B.C, Sask, and Manitoba, and the huge expanse that is the Canadian north. I work too much so my wife doesn't have to. I play a little hockey and a little golf and we like to camp. We are upgrading our camping accomodations, that's why we're buying a truck. Beer, red wine, and rye whiskey - all in moderation .
Old 01-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi. <br><br>I mess around with plastics, heavy weights for money and eat.<br><br>R&amp;D diesel products too. ;D
Old 01-27-2003, 05:04 PM

AH,,, My names Shawn,,, I'm from Iowa,, fun, fun, fun! ;D Well I am from Elma Iowa it is a town of about 400 people And I am on my second year of driving for [glow=red, 2, 300]CROELL REDI-MIX[/glow]and am right now laid off for the winter! ;D But I farm too. We custom feed 1200-1500 head of feeder cattle and 1500 head hog finisher so that keeps me busy in the off season. I used to drive full time for [glow=red, 2, 300]McGOVERN LIVESTOCK[/glow]hauling pigs and cattle with a 93 KW t-600 with a 4 1/4 cummins and a 53 foot bullrack. Know i got my smaller version of the cummins and finaly got the trailer, and gonna do some custom haulin for local sale barns and farmers around here! Before i drove semi, I lived i Harpers Ferry Iowa and helped my dad and my brother farm before they got out of it. I used to haul livestock while I was in Highschool with my 85 ford extended cab 6.9 diesel but moved on to bigger and better things. I only drink on 2 ocasions, While i am alone, or when i am with someone! ;D. I am 24 and married with 2 children, ages 2 and 5 and wife is pregnant with #3 and is due in may ! - [move]I DON'T LIKE TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT!!!![/move]AND I love to talk! ;D {incase you didn't notice.

Quick Reply: What does every one do for a living?