Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What do you do for entertainment at work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clutch1
newbees are fun to have around, that happens around here, the occasional grease on the handle of hammer, glued down cap on an oil jug, a hole made on the very edge of a jug (they find it when they start to pour), good ones are after an engine rebuild get behind the tractor when they start it up bang like crazy on the drawbar with bal-peens, or hydraulic repairs at start up completly open the end of a 1" air hose.
next time a n00b build an engine or hydraulic repairs, when they leave dump a little (or alot) of oil out under the repaired area.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by clutch1
newbees are fun to have around, that happens around here, the occasional grease on the handle of hammer, glued down cap on an oil jug, a hole made on the very edge of a jug (they find it when they start to pour), good ones are after an engine rebuild get behind the tractor when they start it up bang like crazy on the drawbar with bal-peens, or hydraulic repairs at start up completly open the end of a 1" air hose.
I have seen an air greaser (45 gallon barrel of chassis grease) hooked up to a tool box with the handle taped in the ON position...

I have seen ball peen hammers tack welded to a steel work bench

The best one i ever saw , was someone made a very small hole in the back of a tool box , ran a small piece of steel cable through it , and hung about a 20 lb weight from one end of the cable , with the other end attached to the back of one drawer in the tool cabinet , so when the mechanic actually managed to pull the drawer open , as soon as he let go , it slammed shut again.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 PM

On tuesdays we do maint. on our trucks and occasionally I'll send some of the new soldiers to the tool room to get random things that don't exist... such as spark plugs for the HMMWV's .... or headlight fluid.... then i'll go back to the office and get on DTR.... but if i get too bored i just leave early.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get on DTR, listen to my tunes to drown out the two shrieking bimbos in the office, play solitaire, flirt with a couple of hotties, bs on the phone, have bad thoughts about the French (I work for a company owned by the French gov't), and generally waste time. I'm 50. Must be going through my second childhood. You have to excuse me, I've been getting into the rum......
Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally Posted by rbrettctd
Some of my bros from his Chevy house mechanic days.
classics but good
nipple in an antifreeze jug, plug into air hose, and shove in the bathroom when someones on the pot...
Ya ever fill a guys gloves with handcleaner?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Chapter President

This week we started up an old car that was brought to me for the extrication class I'm teaching saturday and had demolition derby til the motor blew. Prior to the derby we removed the air bag. After the motor blew we hooked two wires to the bag, ran them about 50 ft away, touched them to a battery and BOOM! We put a traffic cone on top of the bag and it went a good 50 ft in the air.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by edwinsmith
Ya ever fill a guys gloves with handcleaner?
We used to grab a handful of grease and schmear it on the phone receiver and then phone the guy when I worked as an operator in a potash mill. I got the boss once. He was a putz. Made my day.

Speaking of grease, we used to grab a handful, coat the back tires and do burnouts when I worked in a service station. We had people running over to see the fire! It was priceless.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JKM
I have seen an air greaser (45 gallon barrel of chassis grease) hooked up to a tool box with the handle taped in the ON position...

I have seen ball peen hammers tack welded to a steel work bench

The best one i ever saw , was someone made a very small hole in the back of a tool box , ran a small piece of steel cable through it , and hung about a 20 lb weight from one end of the cable , with the other end attached to the back of one drawer in the tool cabinet , so when the mechanic actually managed to pull the drawer open , as soon as he let go , it slammed shut again.
that would be a good one but our boxes are a little pricey to be drilling holes in them. its always good to keep extra gears and shims around, newbee doing a powershift tranny just throw a few extras on their work table and watch the confusion
Old 06-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Prussian bluing under the tool box handle.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:39 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by berner
We used to grab a handful of grease and schmear it on the phone receiver and then phone the guy when I worked as an operator in a potash mill. I got the boss once. He was a putz. Made my day.

Speaking of grease, we used to grab a handful, coat the back tires and do burnouts when I worked in a service station. We had people running over to see the fire! It was priceless.
I worked at an oil change when I was going to school. Sometimes the top guy would dribble extra washer fluid on the guy below. Of course, then he'd either either walk around half the day with a glob of grease on each tow like a little elf shoe, or get a boot full. With experience, you would build a heightened awareness for the grease compressor in the back room to kick on for no explained reason. Worked in a restaraunt too. We'd heat up some change on the candles and toss it in the ashtray with the tip when bussing a table. Waitress would come buy and dump the contents in her pocket and start dancing around a minute later.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Smoke recruits until they pass out. Then yell at them for passing out.