Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

What do yall do after work/school to relax?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do yall do after work/school to relax?

I'm curious. I usually come home and drink a beer and enjoy a nice chew. That, or maybe I'll wash the truck or play some nintendo or something. What do yall do?
Old 03-14-2004, 06:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Gee, single guy here, with a house, land, 3 dang cats, and over 50 chickens to take care of, what spare time?
But when there is time, surfing this site, or others to find bargains on parts for whatever truck, or other, project I am in the middle of, or installing those parts I found. Shooting in the back yard happens now and then also.
Oh yeah, I'm also a computer geek too. I play with computers on my home network sometimes also. (can you believe I get paid to play with computers all day?) the onnly thing that would be better would be getting paid to play with my diesel Ram all day.

Chris
Old 03-14-2004, 07:14 AM

BEER IS GOOD! Lately I've been prepping the house for inspection. We're selling and I'm sweatting bullets over getting out from under this 115 year old house.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:21 AM

Been working too much to enjoy, but when not working crazy hours, get on the horse and load up beer on pack mule and get out away from it all. No phones. No 2 way radios. No TV. No pagers. Life is good, planning 4 days of camping next weekend.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:43 AM

Smile

Free time? I normally work 9-10 hour days I have a 15 year old son who plays every sport possible. and a 7 year old son who likes to play Need i mention these 2 also race dirt bikes. so i wrench on them, also I am a scoutmaster for boy scouts meetings Mon. night, and a Den leader for cub scouts meetings on thurs night, still have to finish the basement of the house we built 2 years ago, and do the land scape, put the bulldozer back together thats been dismanteled in the workshop for the last year. now have the CTD. to play with , but somehow still find time to crack a cold one or two daily sometimes more. maybe thats why the projects never get done. and boys are olny young once, although I never grew up yet
Old 03-14-2004, 08:13 PM

i go out and swing a metal detector as much as possible. im into c.b. radio and love reading my bible. im also a minister
Old 03-14-2004, 09:45 PM

After working all day at the post office I come home yell at my wife then tell her how lucky she is to be married to me. No just kidding. After driving the 3minutes it takes me to get home from work I usually workout in the basement where my gym is. Then spend the rest of the night telling my wife and dog how lucky I am to have them around. Sometimes I spend 1 or 2 hours surfing on the web for more truck upgrades or go in the garage and wash my beast. Every day I thank GOD for what he has given me. Life is what you make it. You better enjoy it cause it sure is short.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyday: I come home, do some homework, work around house, fiddle with my firearms, surf on the net here and at www.westcoasttactical.com and keep up with what's hot out on the market a little.
Monday nights I watch Fear Factor
Tuesday nights I watch '24' when it is on and if not I watch Frasier
Wednesday nights I attend EMT classes to keep with my skills
Thursday nights I attend my Fire District Drill night
Friday after school I try to finish what I didn't get done this week.
Saturday I go to town to apease the wife and shop a little then try to get some yardwork done. If there is no yardwork, I take care of the CTD and try to go shooting.
Sunday I watch 'Power Block' on Spike TV, then look over what we will be covering that next week in school.

In between all of this I respond to calls as a Firefighter/EMT, hang out with the wife, play with the dog, make dinner and do the dishes, as well as a number of other things I am forgetting right now.
Did I mention my job?

oh, that's right....I don't have one!

Mike
Old 03-14-2004, 10:56 PM

what the heck is free-time?!

actually november thru january constitutes my free time, the rest of the year its hard to find any. o well
Old 03-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Like the rest prior to me... free time? 9 hours at the office add in 3.5 hours commuting time... leaves me a few hours a night to goof off each night...unless I'm working from home at night...lately that seems to be the norm.

Semptember through december...thats when you'll find me (at least if you can find me that is) sneaking arounds the woods out back, or setting up in a tree or curled up under a tree catching up on my sleep, occasionally interupted by a couple of deer.

The rest of the year is either spent either tinkering around in my shop on my trucks, the boat, or the bike, downstairs in my makeshift woodshop making sawdust, or in my office goofing around on all the computers, or fixing everyone else's.

Other than that, we've got 5 English Springer's, 3 are still pups, we are contemplating setting up a kennel for breeding. Yeah I said 5, haven't had the time to get a brain scan to see if i have one yet..... Just what I need another job. Still trying to figure out how to tell the better half the word 'no'

Try to get out a dozen times or more a year to whack a little white ball around for a few miles chasing it with crooked sticks. Stupidest game ever invented.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:10 AM

Well it's like this, I killed the TV 6 years ago!, 5 kids and none of them drive yet. The wife and I both work full time. I teach Martial arts 2 nights a week and Sat morning. Cooking dinner, helping with homework and reading to the kids in a tag team effort with the wife. New house and a CTD. Between landscaping in the summer, shoveling snow in the winter, painting, mowing, cleaning and ahhh............spending (time) with my lovely wife. Oh yeah you wanted to know what I do with my spare time..........once in a while I take a deep breath and repeat the following mantra.........It's gonna be o.k.......It's gonna be o.k......It's gonna be o.k................
Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 AM

not much. Wife is trying to finish dental hygiene program right now, and its very stressfull on her. So its usually my job to fix dinner, and then clean it up. by the time thats over, im ready for a shower and bed.

I will be doing more when the time changes (more daylight when i get home) and the wife is out of school. Plus, its been so wet around here I havent been able to get out much.

When it dries up, wife is out of school, & time changes (all in a few months ) I will be practicing roping steers, riding the horse, & spending as much time outside as possible in the evenings!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just kind of do whatever comes to mind. During the week that usually involves either working on my train layout in the garage, playing with my 10 month old boy, watching TV, standing outside chatting with the neighbors.......just whatever.'

During the weekends I usually have something planned.....sometimes it's visiting family, helping friends with some kind of project they've got going, running errands with my wife.....basically whatever needs to be done.

When I can I try to do a little bass fishing or spend some time at the gun range....but those days are few and far between unfortunately.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:31 PM

After I complete my 8 hours of hell - I usually go to the gym for an hour so my personal natzi can make me wish I was eating a chocolate bar. Then go to the corrals to play with the horses a bit - feed, pick up the 4 year old, go home - then attempt to cook something nutritional for the two of us - which usually turns out for me to be liquid bread... then bathe the boy and battle with him to say in bed.
Then I'm torn between playing online games, to battleground and spell games on the computer, or maybe just chat on the phone and enjoy the beautiful desert nigth time..
Fridays, I work at a body shop - followed by hours of beer drinking...
Old 03-15-2004, 12:44 PM

With two grandchildren, not much spare time on the weekends. What spare time there is spent on cooking for the better half, yard work, house repair. After all that is done, spring spent fixing up the deer camp, summer spent preparing hunting gear, fall spent hunting, winter spent reloading and practicing for following deer season (not enough of this unfortunately. Oh, and there is some beer drinking in there too.

Quick Reply: What do yall do after work/school to relax?