Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well Merry Christmas..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Angry Well Merry Christmas..

I just love the Holidays,

All of the happy, cheery, friendly people here in California smiling and saying HELLO or Merry Christmas as they pass you on the street.

They tip their hat and bid you a good cheer.

They stay back and hold the door open for you because they see your arms full of packages.

If they see you trying to pull out of parking with a big truck, they will hold traffic to help you out.

NOT

Friday night I worked late and I was on my way home, it was 3:14 A.M. in the morning so I pull through the drive-thru at Jack in the Box in Pasadena, Ca. (yes home of the famous Rose Parade) to get myself something to eat on my way home.
So here I am talking to JACK when all of a sudden from behind I hear...THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD..... Hitting the side of my truck and window.

First instinct was to Duck and Cover, I was being shot at.
(Yes, that was my first thought!)
But I soon realize that some lowlife dirtball scumbag just wanted to wish me a Merry Christmas by pelting my truck with a 1/2 dozen EGGS while I was in the drive-thru.

So after lowering my pulse back down to an acceptable rate I tried to find out who did this and see which way they went but they were long gone as they drove down the alley.
After accessing the situation and taking pictures I called Los Angeles County Sheriff Temple to see if they would take a report, what a joke, unless my window was broken or I was hurt they would not even come out.
So I spent the next 2 hours at the .25 car wash that now cost $2.00 for 3 minuets feeding it quarters trying to get this mess off my truck. I had to use a stiff brush and the edge of a credit card to try and loosen it from the paint.
It all came off but I can still see stains in the finish so come Monday or I guess Tuesday I will have to call my insurance company.

What possess people to destroy other people’s property?
I am a person who would help anyone at anytime, just ask and I am there.

A good quote from a movie about humanity..
Were not going to make it are we?
John Connors to the terminator.

Man this really ruins my day.
I know not all of the people are like this but it is getting worse out here.
Sorry Ill go to bed now.
Jim
Old 12-24-2006, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that really bites !!! Makes you wonder what goes on in the head of people who would do that kinda crap .

But .... on the other side of the coin, you can be thankful that you weren't being shot at like you thought initially !! You know as well as I do, how possible that is to happen especially in the part of the country where you live !!

Paint can be fixed and your day will be better later. Hug the family and be thankful that you can.

Merry Christmas Jim !!

PISTOL

(Do I spy some desert camouflage in the back seat ?? Hoo Yah !!)
Old 12-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Man that really bites !!! Makes you wonder what goes on in the head of people who would do that kinda crap .

But .... on the other side of the coin, you can be thankful that you weren't being shot at like you thought initially !! You know as well as I do, how possible that is to happen especially in the part of the country where you live !!

Paint can be fixed and your day will be better later. Hug the family and be thankful that you can.

Merry Christmas Jim !!

PISTOL

(Do I spy some desert camouflage in the back seat ?? Hoo Yah !!)
Actually if you remember a few years ago I WAS robbed and shot in the back by 2 crack heads out in Rialto Ca.
I remember being in the ER when the doctor said my blood pressure was way over 200 from the anger and stress as I was coming down.

Believe me I do know how precious life is and how quickly I could loose it at the hands of a scumbag.
It does not scare me but it scares the heck out of my wife, but I have do have to work.
I am suspicious of everyone. I hate to be but I am.
Merry Christmas.
Jim
Old 12-24-2006, 08:17 AM
DTR Mom

Awwwww don't let it get to ya; that's twice the victim

agree with pistol (always, funny guy)that look at the bigger picture AND I want to know what he has on the dash.....guages or binoculars

amazing brother jim, that punks; and that's all they are cause it is legal to throw eggs and not rocks, can cause this type of reaction
in your beautiful state. my relatives out there are spread out, but EASY GOING and full of life. it is just a way, laid back in the Californian sunshine.
SO SAD to hear the experiences you have had from that same place!!!!

Here in New York state I would guess the equal crime would be burgulary
in the rural area, and getting drive-by shot in the cities. no real middle ground. not that much anonyminity either...a store clerk will ask and remember the teens who just buy a carton of eggs, might call the sheriff too.
Your state is what? 80 percent suburbia... punks are only punks cause they can be anonymous....

believe it or not, New York city has the most generous of people and most are polite BUT DON'T STOP THAT PACE!! they will tell you directions while still walking towards their destination at three miles an hour....we don't have punks roam where citizens are because the punks will get 'mobbed' or a bunch of good people acting as one to hold them for the police.
carriage rides and cabbies will give you proper change without taking advantage if you don't know the US currency and they won't take a tip out.
people will hodl the door cause there are so mnay it can't close...
biggest crime in NYC? drugging a drink and taking advantage (stealing money or s**) an anonymous crime..........
Old 12-24-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What did you do to make those chicken so mad? You were in a Jack in the Box, not KFC! Did you order the grilled chicken sandwhich?

Jim, you need to find a new part of CA to live in..... How about Tuson? ...or Anchorage? Omaha is looking for people to work.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:04 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

That sucks Jim. I've been there before.

I always hate it when someone says this to me but..... It could have been much worse. Take this story that happened yesterday in Little Rock:

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1206/382587.html

I just can't help but think of this guy's family and what they must be going through right now.

Britt
Old 12-25-2006, 01:28 PM

that sucks.. but if you use a vinegar and water mix it will fall right off try around 50/50 mix if not a little stronger
Old 12-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Diesel-Envy is such an ugly sight............
Old 12-26-2006, 02:14 AM

Jim, that really sucks. Halloween would make sense but two days before Christmas? What posesses people to do crap like that? I wish more parents would discipline their kids. This is coming from a 21 year old college kid but you get a leather belt once or twice when you're young you are gonna steer clear of doing anything stupid. Bright side is at least they didn't egg your truck while it was sitting in 80 degree weather and you didn't find it for two days because at that point the paint is coming off with the eggs...
Old 12-26-2006, 02:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That sucks Jim. That is just one of the reasons I couldn't wait to get out of Kalifornia.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marine
That sucks Jim. That is just one of the reasons I couldn't wait to get out of Kalifornia.
Sucks, but it could have just as easily happened in any other populated locale.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It could have, but I lived in San Clemente, and more crap has happened down there than any other populated locale I have lived in.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

It must have been the Banks sticker LOL...j/k..Sorry man, that truck is really clean otherwise. I had someone spray paint my door on my old silver Ford with black paint the word "edit" while I was in the movie theatre with my ex g/f, {it also didn't pay to have a confederate flag license plate on the truck either at the time,had to let that part of my ancestry go anyway,I couldn't afford the damage that kept being done to the truck}
Old 12-26-2006, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jim,

I have 3 words for you:

MOVE.........OUT...........NOW!

Why put yourself and your family through this crap??

Rick
Old 12-26-2006, 08:48 AM

Unhappy

The sad thin g is that kind of crap goes on every where,not just the big city.What ever happened to respecting other peoples property.

Quick Reply: Well Merry Christmas..