Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well I've got lifetime sirius now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
The previous owner of my 06 bought a lifetime subscription that he let go with the truck. I don't think he owned another receiver... Nice perk. I guess I won't be able to say much, though, if some day he transfers the subscription.

I like modern rock, and comedy, and can stand some of the newer country... but the only stations here are a "Classic Rock" which really plays crummy old pop garbage, and country channels that play crummy old country...

Since I work rotating shifts, having a sirius in the car at work has been an absolute lifesaver. Until I got the 06, I didn't have one in my truck because I didn't drive it enough to really make it worth while (I could always take the FM modulated receiver out of the car at work for a trip, but that's a pain).

Anyhow, maybe if enough of us complained about the commercials, there would be fewer of them...

I can see having an ad or two on the popular channels (comedy or whatever) to pay licensing for more and better material to play, but what really bugs me is the commercials for the unpopular Sirius channels they play on the popular ones...

I have a subscription, therefore I have a list of the channels... If I wanted to listen to Martha Stewart, I'd be listening to Martha Stewart... Take the ads for the political channels, talk channels and the rest of that off the air!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what you guys mean by commercials? Do you mean like how they say you can go over to road dog channel for truckers for whatever show they are doing when you are listening to another station..... Or do you mean like they are advertising products?

On these channels I don't get "commercials":
20-30
61-63
11-20

This is where i usually spend my time and besides some annoying DJs that go overboard with the cussing (not that I'm against them doing that completely ) I don't have any complaints.

But I think I have noticed on Foxnews they play commercials like they would on TV??? Can't remember.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Mainly the Raw Dog comedy channel is the one I notice commercials on.

They run ads for different channels, but also for a variety of other products and services. Go-to-meeting for your PC, that kind of stuff...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spend 10 hours a day in my truck when I am on shift. There is no way I could listen to our local radio stations for 40 hours a week. I bought the lifetime subscription as well. Member of the Bubba Army.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have XM, where I live I can't tune in any radio stations at my house. I've got a mount in my truck and one in my house. I love it.