Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well I've got lifetime sirius now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
How do you go about switching from one vehicle to another? I have the lifetime subscription but it is attached to the 07 which I don't own anymore. My new truck has Sirius for a year so I guess I can take my time getting it done.
The great thing about Satellite radio is when you take a trip. You can drive coast to coast without having to flip through the stations every couple hours trying to find a new station that you may like.....

well where i live radio stations do not work from home to work and at home there is poor reception. And the other day I was going to have my wife call because the signal was poor at times, only to find out we have not been billed for about a year for the service now that is good pricing. I guess I am paying what it should be. O dollars.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Need95-00CTD
Yeah, they did, and they got the millions of dollars of XM's old debt to prove it.

Sirius already has commercials on half the channels...and all the channels I listen too. I pay $13 a month to listen to a EDIT commercials for E-surance and Wild Turkey, I'm sorry, but thats absurd!
hmmm ... having to pay for an entertainment service and then having to listen to commericals ... funny, that sounds familiar ... cable or satellite TV anyone?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Ben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius did not buy xm. They are in a merger, that the gubment has been holding up for some reason or another.

Satellite radio is a godsend for us non city folk that live where there are only 4 stations to choose from and they all suck.

I love my sirius and wouldn't be without it. I like the programming a heck of a lot better than xm.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ben
Sirius did not buy xm. They are in a merger, that the gubment has been holding up for some reason or another.

Satellite radio is a godsend for us non city folk that live where there are only 4 stations to choose from and they all suck.

I love my sirius and wouldn't be without it. I like the programming a heck of a lot better than xm.
I'm with ya here,we have only 4-5 local station here and they bite, ya get top 40 over,over,over,over. 15 min of music and 45 of commercials everyday.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 PM

I am currently with XM, the commercials are annoying as anything. I keep thinking of ditching it, but same problem. Most radio stations around suck, and XM has what I want to hear no matter where I am. I am currently on a family plan which makes it like 10 bucks a month. If it ever costs more, it is GONE.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Only $490 opposed to I think $140 for the year. Think I made out ok .

Something to think about if your subscription is about to go out.
Your lifetime or Sirius' lifetime?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was driving in Northern Canada a few years ago, had already listened to all my CD's at least twice and was searching both fm and am, only station I could get had Polka music And it wasn't a very good reception, I caught myself trying to tune it in better
When I got home I got Sirius, there are times it is sooo nice to have.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Reminds me of a hunting trip to West Texas. All I could pick up is one radio station and that was Tejano music. After that my wife came to the rescue with a Sirius satellite radio kit for my truck.

MikeyB
Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by BADRAM1
Have never heard of it? How do ya get it.
well you need a radio capable of receiving the HD signal. There are lots of them in the after market arena. (Not all stations broadcast in HD)
Mine is the JVC KD-HDR1 HD Radio/CD Receiver. It was 159.00 through Crutchfield.com
I also purchased some Boston Acoustic speakers and the JVC KSPD100 iPod Adapter. There are cheaper places to purchase your equipment but they supply all of the wiring and dash adapters needed so it basically becomes a turn key package.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM

I really like my XM, the top two reasons are no political ads and no Christmas music (on most stations). I have mounts in my truck, most of our tractors and in the shop so it probably gets listened to about 2,500 hours a year making it pretty cheap per hour of entertainment.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
The great thing about Satellite radio is when you take a trip. You can drive coast to coast without having to flip through the stations every couple hours trying to find a new station that you may like.....
That's it right there. Just one roadtrip and it's worth the year subscription IMO. Last hunting trip we took we played every song in my buddy's IPOD probably 5 times over and he had a TON of songs on there.

Also I don't do MP3's because 1) it's stealing and 2) I only have a work labtop and don't want to download stuff on it.... heck I'm even paranoid about looking at youtube because it can give you adware .
Old 03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow. A lifetime of listening to Howard. I'm not sure if that would be a good thing.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Howard Stern? I don't listen to that immoral piece of poo.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 PM

i've thought of getting xm for the truck. we get it free at home through direct tv, and X COUNTRY is awesome!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM

I picked up the lifetime for $399 a couple of months ago. They were running a deal and I couldn't pass it up. The second radio is still only $6/month. After having sirius I don't see how anyone can go back to regular radio. Commercials all the time. I tried to listen for a couple of hours to see if I could and it was painful. I generally keep radios for at least 3-5 years. You can change radios up to 3 times at a cost of $75. The lifetime radio is a portable unit so we can move it from vehicle to vehicle. I can move it to my trailer or wherever I want. It's also nice when traveling since you don't have to change stations and you can listen to a talk show in its entirety. It's more than just radio. They have comedy, talk shows, news, weather, etc.. Radio has nothing on sirius in my opinion!

Quick Reply: Well I've got lifetime sirius now.