Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well I finally did it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally did it!!!!

Well now that I finally have some free time to get back on here.......been away for a few days being busy busy busy..........I can finally tell you guys my big news!!!

Well a week ago today I finally popped the question to my lovely girlfriend!! Been thinking about doing it for awhile now and decided it was finally time. I wanted to do it before the weather got bad, because me and her had a special place up in the mountains where the view is spectacular and it's always been a favorite place for us to go. The only bad part is that you have to 4wheel up to it since it's on a pretty decent trail and if it snowed, there would be no way I would have made it.

So a few weeks ago I went out ring shopping and picked out the perfect ring.....spent a small fortune......and had it all setup and sized. Well I had plans of having somebody go up the trail before me and put some roses on this rock we always sit on, but the guy I had to do it ( her brother ) ended up breakin his truck and was unable to do the favor for me. So I decided that either way it would be special.

So that night as we were sitting watching TV, I asked her if she felt like doing some night wheeling..........we were both wide awake and I told her I wanted to get out of the house and do something. So luckily.....her never gone night wheeling before, she was all excited and pumped to go. Well we left the house at around 10PM and headed to the trail. Once we got up there we got out and walked up to that particular rock. I just happened to forget my coat in the Jeep, so I ran back to go get it along with the ring. Well I walked back up there and we sat on the rock looking at all the city lights from miles and miles and I started talking about how great life has been since we've been together and just stuff like that. And then I pulled the ring and asked the question!!!! SHE FLIPPED!!! She was so surprised and happy..........turned out absolutely PERFECT!! Definetely a night we will never forget!

So anywhoo just wanted to share the news with you guys!!!

~Nick
Old 10-11-2006, 06:51 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, MAN THAT IS GREAT!!!! I know gettin' married is the best thing I ever did!! (Don't tell my wife, she will expect more out of me) And that plan was a really nice touch. I had to do it over pizza on the couch. I would give anything to have worked wheelin' into it. If she goes for that, you KNOW you have a keeper! Good Job!!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
RUN FORREST.....RUN......

Seriously though, Congrats.
Life is good when you find "the one" ain't it?
It just don't git no bettr'n this.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM

Congrats Nick

I hope you were done moddin' your truck
~Rob
Old 10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good Job, Nick. Real proud of you. Get your bride to be hooked on some diesel fumes, and it will be great!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Banned

Thanks guys!!! Actually she is the one that is wanting to BOMB the truck more than me.......she said if I can get the tranny done she will buy me some BD twins for my Christmas present. GOD I LOVE HER!!!

Everytime I let her drive the truck she is all smiles!!! One day I was driving my Jeep up to the mountains to my buddy's shop to work on it, and I let her drive my truck to follow me up there. We were on a 4 lane part that merged down to 2 lanes so I jumped on it to pass some slow cars, and look in my mirror to see a MASSIVE cloud of black smoke and her go FLYING by me...........it was so freakin hilarious!!!

She's a great girl, great enough that she is helping me install 2 suspension lifts this weekend and help me hang some drywall in my buddy's basement!!

~Nick
Old 10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Man!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres nothing better than having a partner and friend who shares your interests and your goals........
Great planning too...... I wont let the BOSS read that, she will wonder why I aint that romantic.............
Old 10-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

Yeah I think I may have screwed myself.........set her expectations WAY to high!!!! Dang now she's gonna expect 150% all the time........man WHAT WAS I THINKING???!?!?!?!?! Just kidding!!

I always wanted that day to be special and something neither one of us would ever forget..........I don't think we will!!

~Nick
Old 10-12-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is great!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:28 AM

Congrats to the both of you

Now maybe the Grandparents will sell you some of their land cheap! Or better yet a wedding present!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Sweeeeeet!

Congratulations! Do you need a wedding reception band? That's great. Hey, while you're at it, shut that NORTH DOOR will ya? It is getting cold down here in OK!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Let us know where you are registered at for your wedding, maybe we'll try to get you something. Does DTR have a wedding gift registry?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

A DTR WEDDING REGISTRY! Brilliant! TOP will have to work on that!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jezzhuntin
Congrats to the both of you

Now maybe the Grandparents will sell you some of their land cheap! Or better yet a wedding present!
Man that would be a dream come true right there!!!! Her grandparents were thrilled when she told them about the engagement so..........it might be a possibility!!!!!! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!!!

~Nick
Old 10-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
Congratulations! Do you need a wedding reception band? That's great. Hey, while you're at it, shut that NORTH DOOR will ya? It is getting cold down here in OK!
Actually Jory I might take you up on that!!! LOL Gonna have a small wedding in the mountains with only family and a couple really close friends........and then have a HUGE shindig afterwards where everybody is invited!!!

And I tried shutting the door.......but the hinges were so cold the door fell off. I got a tarp hanging up there right now, can you tell any difference yet??? LOL

~Nick

Quick Reply: Well I finally did it!!!!