Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Well Crud

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Crud

Cruising along here at Camp Pendleton today minding my own business going to a farwell lunch for the Lt Col that I work for when a Toyota Corolla decides to test the structural integrity of the drivers side of my truck. Guess stop signs don't apply to Lance Corporals just checking in to the base. Drivers door, passenger door, bed dented. No glass broken (and my window was down). And broke the steering linkage. Truck would be drivable if it weren't for that. But man, you should see that Toyota. Totaled. And it was a rental. Plus, there was a Marine who witnessed it that I spoke to and he's the Commanding Officer of the unit that the Lance Corporal is checking into. He tried to tell the MP that he stopped at the sign and didn't see my truck. MP raised the BS flag. Told him that there was no way that he could have done that kind of damage from a complete stop. Already talked to his insurance (GEICO). They are cutting me a check for a rental and getting their adjuster out to take a look at it in a few days. Had my digital and took pictures. I'll get them uploaded soon (battery died after the last pic).
Old 08-03-2005, 03:48 PM

don't feel bad, i just signed on with geico 3 days ago and backed into a toyota corolla with my rental jeep liberty yesterday.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Sounds like the lady that blasted the back side of my 99. Somehow she didn't see that the ENTIRE freeway was stopped until about 70 ft from us. Slammed on her breaks and slid into me. She hit hard enough that she bent the frame in two places. She was driving a little 1/2 dodge. Her whole front end got pushed back and down.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:09 AM
Banned

15 seconds could cost you 15%, call Geico today!

OUCH!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:30 AM

USMC,

Glad you are ok. Good selections of witnesses. Having the digital camera is a big help. Gives proof of what happened. Let us know how it all turns out.

gud luk

Davey
Old 08-04-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by dslchk_cowgirl
Sounds like the lady that blasted the back side of my 99. Somehow she didn't see that the ENTIRE freeway was stopped until about 70 ft from us. Slammed on her breaks and slid into me. She hit hard enough that she bent the frame in two places. She was driving a little 1/2 dodge. Her whole front end got pushed back and down.
Funny....the exact same thing happened to me 2 years ago, other driver-no insurance, no english. $6600 damage....but she healed up okay.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Got $850 this week cause a lady pulled out in front of me a month ago. Making a new bumper instead of buying the plastic.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by 59FORD
You rang?

My moto is " We were here first!"
Old 08-04-2005, 12:25 PM

Update: Spoke with GEICO this morning. Got the number for the adjuster that was assigned to my truck. Going to meet him tomorrow morning at the tow yard so I can be there when he goes through the truck. Make sure that he doesn't miss anything. Can't complain with their service so far. Picked up my 'peppy' VW Jetta from Enterprise yesterday. Feel like my azz is dragging the pavement. Not a bad car, I just can't figure out how to hook my 20' G/N flatbed to it. And is there a connection under the dash for my brake controller?

P.S. Appologize to the mods for the title yesterday. Guess my 'd' was a quitter and fell over.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Cowhand
Funny....the exact same thing happened to me 2 years ago, other driver-no insurance, no english. $6600 damage....but she healed up okay.

This lady was driving a company truck. Her insurance company finally contacted us about a month after the accident. Our insurance got us taken care of and are now getting repaid by the other insurance. We were kind of on a time restraint because my husband was getting sent over to kuwait the first week of August. Body damage alone on my 99 was over $15K. Insurance co just ended up totalling it
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by usmc2311

P.S. Appologize to the mods for the title yesterday. Guess my 'd' was a quitter and fell over.
No problem, pretty obvious you would be upset when this happens to you
Old 08-04-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally posted by 59FORD

OUCH!

actually they saved me over 15%, at least for the day or two i had coverage prior to this.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:37 PM

Not to hijack my own thread or anything (I started it, figure I can do what I want with it within terms of the DTR rules, of course) but went get lunch from Wendy's today here on base. Leaving the PX parking lot I was behind a black 2500 2nd gen CTD, had a red 2nd gen behind me (couldn't see the sides and couldn't hear if because of the straight piped one in front of me) and to top it all off had a 3rd gen 2500 Hemi beside me. I wanted to cry. The CTD and I both made a right out of the parking lot and he got in the left lane. I quickly got up beside him (at least beside the exhaust) and because of traffic stayed there (okay, not all because of traffic). Boy it sounded good. Now I see what others see when they get smoked. And I was hoping he would smoke me. Man, I miss my truck.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 PM
JKM

how about an elderly lady trying to pass this on a 2 lane country road , her car=
$3000 damage, combine= some extra red paint.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...sort=1&cat=500
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 PM

I feel for ya.... happened to me a couple of weeks ago....going down the road @55 in the left lane.... guy in the right decided to change lanes.... front bumper of his Acura hits right front door in the middle.... through his interperter claims he never saw me..... officer raised the BS flag on that one too... the guy also looked to be in his late 70's maybe earlt 80's and probably shouldnt have been driving

Quick Reply: Well Crud