Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

We went out last night

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We went out last night

My girl friend and I went out last night and it went totally fine. No ATM cards gone bad. No truck alarms going off. Even got out of the parking garage without making a scene.

It was a good crowd to mingle with. And boy oh boy, we had our game on cause we freakin' mingled the heck out of them. I think it was my new make-up (we went shopping last weekend for new war paint & clothes). Plus we both looked totally hot cause we've been working out. Oh yeah, we worked it.

For the most part the crowd was good looking and pleasant to talk to. But there was the two desperate-turned-aggressive jerks we had to fend off but the real men in the crowd made sure we were ok. The sleaze bag at the very end trying to play grab *** was really classy too.

Anyway, fun night yall. Ahhhh, we feel redeemed

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you had a good time! Not quite as interesting a story as a previous 'night out' story you posted though...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KD93
Glad you had a good time! Not quite as interesting a story as a previous 'night out' story you posted though...

And the mojo is still working cause I even embedded that youtube video without messing it up!

Ohh yeahhh...
Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Nah, sorry sister, we added a new feature for videos... it does it automatically

But, glad you had a good time last night.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
My girl friend and I went out last night... The sleaze bag at the very end trying to play grab *** was really classy too.
That's IT??? We expect more from you than just "some sleaze, yada, yada, yada..." Where's the action? Where's the high spirited stories? WHERE'S OUR ENTERTAINMENT???

Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
Nah, sorry sister, we added a new feature for videos... it does it automatically

But, glad you had a good time last night.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
That's IT??? We expect more from you than just "some sleaze, yada, yada, yada..." Where's the action? Where's the high spirited stories? WHERE'S OUR ENTERTAINMENT???

Hmmm, I might be able to come up with something. Lemme mow the yard and I'll be back in a bit.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM

BTW dudes, are the emoticon smileys guys new?? Or have I just not noticed them?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
They're new... you need to read the forum more, I have a thread up about them...
Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Oops sorry about the grab last night....actually it was intended as a swat because I saw a large multi legged creature on your behind and didn't want you getting stung

Of course I also saw 4 Agave worms with a rope trying to rescue their buddy out of the bottom of the bottle of Mezcal I was drinking out of at the bar as well.......... Perhaps my judgement was just a tad impaired but at least I ditched the Red Shirt from your last night out

Glad to hear you had a good time, Keeping our Military Wives happy is TOP priority in this country.....Any Military man can attest to just how important you Lady's truly are

Thank You for your Dedication and your Service
Old 06-17-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by madhat
They're new... you need to read the forum more, I have a thread up about them...
Read? Read?! Well, I'll see if I can read more. But I ain't making any promises.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Oops sorry about the grab last night....actually it was intended as a swat because I saw a large multi legged creature on your behind and didn't want you getting stung

Of course I also saw 4 Agave worms with a rope trying to rescue their buddy out of the bottom of the bottle of Mezcal I was drinking out of at the bar as well.......... Perhaps my judgement was just a tad impaired but at least I ditched the Red Shirt from your last night out

Glad to hear you had a good time, Keeping our Military Wives happy is TOP priority in this country.....Any Military man can attest to just how important you Lady's truly are

Thank You for your Dedication and your Service

We were so on the lookout for that red shirt but didn't see it. I guess that's how you got so close.

Last night there was lots of metal recyclers at a convention. I tell you, when the expense account picks up tabs there are beers everywhere!

I met a guy from just down the road - a good sweet country boy. I gave him a hard time - he drove a Powderstroke. I told him if he needed a jump on the way out to call me. I'd help him get that heap on the road. I thought he was going to propose when I told him I liked guns, made holsters and could weld. He almost passed out when I said yes to him asking if I understood the calibers of the rifles he rattled off and for what game. Boys are silly. This guy was one of our shields from the desperate jerks.

Then there was the plaid shirt guys. They were cool, until I asked them what they did, "Wwweeelll, it's kinda hard to explain". Oh boy, here we go. Then he said they're EPAish guys so I asked him if they were the SOBs who impose BS regulations to screw us diesel owners He said their area was working with utility and construction companies...something to do with digging and trees. Umhmm, ok...trees...sure amigo, sure. One guy was from Ireland so I thought all he knew how to do was drink and fight. But then he told me he could ballroom dance too. Impressive!

There was a ton of other random interactions. It was really interesting how the crowd was people watching, and they all chatted about the other people people watching. They were self aware. It was fun.

Ohh, the desperate turned aggressive jerks, essentially it was a fat guy trying to get his skinny friend a lady a for the night. I don't know how many girls they went through, but throughout the night they'd come back and try again. They got rude and mouthy the more they got rejected. So the nicer guys we were chatting with came over and sorta claimed the territory around us to keep those guys at bay. The atmosphere got a little charged at one point. We thought there was going to be a fight break out but it tapered off and the jerks smartly wondered off. Later that night the skinny dude walked by and spat on the floor at our table. That's when I had an Ally McBeal moment where I imagined standing up with my drink glass in hand, turning around and hurling it at the back of his knobby head. Then as the jerk hit the floor with his face, the bar would erupt in cheers and everyone would go back to partying.

When it was time for us to leave it got really interesting. As we walked towards the front door the skinny guy hustled across the room and got ahead of us going to the foyer. We immediately noticed, stopped and went back to the bar where plaid shirt guys were standing. We figured Mr Rejected Loser was going to try something stupid and retaliatory. So, we chatted with thems a few more minutes to see what skinny guy would do. Sure enough after a few minutes he came back in. This is one of those times were you see something developing and just get that feeling in your gut. It was good to catch that the time when it mattered. After Loser cleared out to the other side of the bar we high tailed it out the door and through the parking lot to the garage to my truck. We told ourselves, 'head on a swivel and scan everything until we're safely in the truck and on the way'. I had my keys out yall and we were on our toes walking through that parking lot.

The drive home was uneventful. The dog was excited to see us. Then he got the look of, "Where have yall been? I have been up all night waiting for you. I have to go outside to go potty!"

Old 06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last night there was lots of metal recyclers at a convention. I tell you, when the expense account picks up tabs there are beers everywhere!

I met a guy from just down the road - a good sweet country boy. I gave him a hard time - he drove a Powderstroke. I told him if he needed a jump on the way out to call me. I'd help him get that heap on the road. I thought he was going to propose when I told him I liked guns, made holsters and could weld. He almost passed out when I said yes to him asking if I understood the calibers of the rifles he rattled off and for what game. Boys are silly. This guy was one of our shields from the desperate jerks.

Then there was the plaid shirt guys. They were cool, until I asked them what they did, "Wwweeelll, it's kinda hard to explain". Oh boy, here we go. Then he said they're EPAish guys so I asked him if they were the SOBs who impose BS regulations to screw us diesel owners He said their area was working with utility and construction companies...something to do with digging and trees. Umhmm, ok...trees...sure amigo, sure. One guy was from Ireland so I thought all he knew how to do was drink and fight. But then he told me he could ballroom dance too. Impressive!

There was a ton of other random interactions. It was really interesting how the crowd was people watching, and they all chatted about the other people people watching. They were self aware. It was fun.

Ohh, the desperate turned aggressive jerks, essentially it was a fat guy trying to get his skinny friend a lady a for the night. I don't know how many girls they went through, but throughout the night they'd come back and try again. They got rude and mouthy the more they got rejected. So the nicer guys we were chatting with came over and sorta claimed the territory around us to keep those guys at bay. The atmosphere got a little charged at one point. We thought there was going to be a fight break out but it tapered off and the jerks smartly wondered off. Later that night the skinny dude walked by and spat on the floor at our table. That's when I had an Ally McBeal moment where I imagined standing up with my drink glass in hand, turning around and hurling it at the back of his knobby head. Then as the jerk hit the floor with his face, the bar would erupt in cheers and everyone would go back to partying.

When it was time for us to leave it got really interesting. As we walked towards the front door the skinny guy hustled across the room and got ahead of us going to the foyer. We immediately noticed, stopped and went back to the bar where plaid shirt guys were standing. We figured Mr Rejected Loser was going to try something stupid and retaliatory. So, we chatted with thems a few more minutes to see what skinny guy would do. Sure enough after a few minutes he came back in. This is one of those times were you see something developing and just get that feeling in your gut. It was good to catch that the time when it mattered. After Loser cleared out to the other side of the bar we high tailed it out the door and through the parking lot to the garage to my truck. We told ourselves, 'head on a swivel and scan everything until we're safely in the truck and on the way'. I had my keys out yall and we were on our toes walking through that parking lot.

The drive home was uneventful. The dog was excited to see us. Then he got the look of, "Where have yall been? I have been up all night waiting for you. I have to go outside to go potty!"

That's betta!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Oops sorry about the grab last night....
That was YOU!!!! While you were swinging to knock that bug off her butt you stepped on my hand.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
I think I can... I think...

The sleaze bag at the very end trying to play grab *** was really classy too.
That reminds me of when the wife and I were in Rome. We were walking down the sidewalk behind a couple of women.
A man walking our direction reached back and got him a handful as the 2 women passed him.
Whoa was that Italian babe on fire after that.
She was still yelling even after he was completely out of ear shot!!!
I'd heard that was quite common over there but was really surprised to see it with my own eyes!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Guys" night out with me usually involves a couple of bars, and then eventually a strip club, or two, and then all of use spending about a week on the couch! That's why I don't go out with the "boys" too often! Personally, I'd rather stay home and get stupid with the wife and friends, than go out and take the chance of really getting stupid and getting in real trouble (with the wife, or even the law)!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 PM
I think I can... I think...

Originally Posted by ChrisJohnson
"Guys" night out with me usually involves a couple of bars, and then eventually a strip club, or two, and then all of use spending about a week on the couch! That's why I don't go out with the "boys" too often! Personally, I'd rather stay home and get stupid with the wife and friends, than go out and take the chance of really getting stupid and getting in real trouble (with the wife, or even the law)!
Never got in trouble for going to the strip clubs. The wife just figured I'd grow out of it.
I guess I did cause the last couple of times I went they just didn't do anything for me. Might have been that disgusting "HIP HOP" garbage they were playing.
Actually I do enjoy my time with the wife.
I'd rather be with her than any of my other friends.

Quick Reply: We went out last night