Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

We, The Undersigned Support Our Troops!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dslchk_cowgirl,

I am sorry to say, but the liberal media rules what we see and hear so I am not surprised that you tend to feel that way. Trust me when I say this, I come from a bread and butter family with morals and respect (things most of the liberal society has lost) and we 100% support our troops and pray to God that your sacrifice will make life better for our children.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I commend all of our troops putting their time in for our country. As was stated earlier, I would again don the uniform for my country if asked. Godspeed to all, and please come home safely.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I also want to say "THANK YOU" to all our troops, and their families.

A pity that a handful of protesters gets disproportionate media attention, when the rest of us respect you and what you are doing to make the world a better place.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:01 PM

Count me in

I pray every night for God to bless them and their families.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned

...and because we DO LOVE them so much we can look at the lighter side of their service too:

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN IN IRAQ TOO LONG WHEN....

Mortars land near your compound and you roll over in bed and think "Way off. I've still got another 5 minutes".

You start humming with the Arabic song playing on the radio.

Every woman that reports to your unit starts looking attractive.

Every guy that reports to your unit starts looking attractive.

You walk an extra 6 blocks to eat at the KBR [contractor run] dining facility to have the exact same food they are serving in your dining facility because you think it tastes better.

You actually volunteer for convoy security duty because you still haven't seen the country yet.

You start picturing your wife/girl friend in traditional Arab dress.

The contractors have more fire power than the military combat units. [This is sometimes true]

You drink the water from the tap because you want to drop 20 pounds in two weeks.

Driving around in SUVs with weapons pointed out the windows and forcing cars off the road seems very normal to you.

You can put your body armor and helmet on in the dark in under 5 seconds.

When the organization you work for has changed its name more than 3 times.

When you actually get excited to get a package that contains 3 pair of socks, 12 bars of soap and a Victoria Secret Catalogue.

When you start to enjoy the rocking of the trailer every time the choppers fly over.

You are thinking of buying real estate in the green zone.

You make the new guy show you his count down timer just to make you feel better about your time you have left in country.

You plan on removing all trees and grass in your yard when you get home so it will look more natural.

You forget there are other colors than brown that can be found in places other than power point slides.

The temp drops down to 102 degrees and you shiver while reaching for your Gortex jacket.

You have noticed a change of season, from long, hot and dry to short, cold and wet.

When you call home and your kids ask "Who is this?".

When you go on R&R, you duct tape your child to the roof of your car, hand him a pellet rifle, and assign him a sector of fire for the ride to "The Olive Garden."

When you can comfortably shave and brush your teeth using bottled water, but don't mind showering in the "non-potable" local water.

While on R&R, you look out the window and find Nature, and you find yourself wondering who stole your sandbags.

When some of the contractors wear their DCU’s [Desert pattern camouflage uniform] more properly than some of your soldiers.

When 12 hours is a short work day.

When, during the BUA, the statement "DIV asked MNSTC-I for the FRAGO that MNC-I was supposed to publish, but couldn't because MNF-I hadn't weighed in, since they were too inundated with MOD and MOI war-gaming the JCC’s within the ISF to square us away!" is a valid comment and generates no questions from anyone.

When you start using words like "G'day mate," "Cheers," and "Bloody-ell" as part of your normal vocabulary.

When you have your opinions printed in the STARS and STRIPES more than 3 times.

When you step into any office and there are 6 colonels, 12 lieutenant colonels, 15 majors, and 8 captains supervising the work of 1 sergeant.

When you end every phone conversation with "Out".

When the weapon buyback program has become so successful that you have issued the same AK-47 to the Iraqi army 3 times.

When you can actually tell the difference between the sound of an exploding car and an exploding mortar.

When on R&R you go to Church and wonder why no one is wearing body armor or carrying an automatic weapon to the service.

You see an indirect fire attack take out a generator and get angry at the enemy for not hitting the one that powers your computer.

You see an indirect fire attack take out an air conditioner and your vigor to fight is renewed.

You yell at the FNG for shouting “incoming†when the rounds don't impact close enough to hit your tent with dirt.

You know that you need to run inside immediately after any win of an Iraqi sports team to keep from being hit by celebratory fire.

You never worry about oversleeping because if the morning call to prayers doesn't wake you, the daily 0430 mortar attack will [most mornings].

The highlight of your shopping experience at the PX is to see that they got in a new shipment of Schick Tracer razor blades, and you aren't surprised by the empty shelves because you understand that the local employees used the ration cards given them illegally to buy all the goods intended for you.

You get offended by people wearing clean, pressed DCU's.

You decide that it is a better course of action to pull your blankets over your head than put on your body armor during a mortar attack - the Woobee will save you and at least you are comfortable.

You make a contest out of seeing who can wear their uniform for more days before becoming entirely disgusted with themselves or it falls to pieces on their body from sweat-rot.

You wonder if the fish served at dinner really was carp caught out of the Tigris or Camp Victory's lake.

A rocket or a mortar really isn't a big deal until the crater it leaves is big enough to trip over in the dark on the way to the latrine

You go to a social gathering and intermittent gun fire or explosions don't even cause a pause in the conversation.

My son tells me they are not far of and many are right on.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:22 PM

God bless Our troops & God bless America. Thank you for your sacrifice.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:42 PM

Thank you all for serving!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You all know I support them!

Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 05:58 PM

God bless you and the families who support you back at home!

Our prayers are with you!

Grateful Navy Mom
Old 08-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Banned

thank you for keepin my but free living in the greatest nation this planet will ever see.. extending thanks to those that served to get us where we are today
Old 08-26-2005, 06:24 PM

THANKS TO ALL OF THE TROOPS WHO HAVE SERVED AND WHO ARE SERVING. I HOPE ALL OF YOU COME HOME SOON AND SAFE.

Every night i dream of myself being in a fighter fighting for this country. Someday I will serve for the USA.

Coop
Old 08-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

http://www.strykernews.com/gallery/L.../Dawn_patrol_2
Old 08-26-2005, 09:41 PM

Thanks for being there, in peace and war. I have utmost respect for all in and formerly in service.

Ron
Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geico, great thread thank you!

As many of you know my brothers, one in Iraq and one back home, both Marines support our troops also.

It is about time that the libs realize that the time for talking is long since gone (Please shut up and get over it, I'm sick of listening to the whining!).

I fly my flag proudly everyday and I wish for nothing more than our troops safe return.

Any one who has the cajones to sign up and voluntarily protect our country deserves our collective respect at any time!I salute those who devoted their lives to serving their country in any capacity!There is no doubt that it takes much more to serve your country life or death than to sit around whining about those who do!!

Rick
Airforce brat since 1975
Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by dslchk_cowgirl
As a navy wife, it helps to see so many that support the troops. In today's society you hear more about those who are against the war that it makes you wonder. Knowing that there are still those who support what all these men and women are doing makes the time apart a little easier.
Thank you to all who support the troops and their families.
If the media would show an unbiased view from the people, you would see a HUGE amount of support for your husband and everyone else over there. We are for them whether they show it or not.

Jim

Quick Reply: We, The Undersigned Support Our Troops!