Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

We are proud to display Cummins, but

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are proud to display Cummins, but

Why aren't GM drivers proud to display Isuzu Diesel and must hide behind a Duramax badge and Ford is hiding behind a Powerstroke badge Vs Navistar? Love my Cummins power!

This is probably the wrong place for this thread, but I don't want to retype and don't know how to change it.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Im not afraid to admit it.......

Isuzu has just as much experience with diesels as cummins does. And Navistar's DT466 is probably one of the most legendary diesels of all time IMHO.

I think its not so much that people are "ashamed" of navistar or Isuzu, its just that the truck mfg's gave it a different name, thats what it says on the build sheet, thats what it says in the literature, thats what it says on the badge on the side of the truck....so thats what people call it. If Dodge put a different name on the cummins diesel back in 1989, that different name is what everyone would be calling it today.

Just my oppinion

ben
Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM

i agree. however when they start putting dt466's in super duties, then maybe ford can brag.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

Im not so much a fan of the DT466e's tho.

HEUI for the lose
Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Banned

FWIW- I'm with Dura, all it is is a name, and Dodge decided to use Cummins, I doubt many GM/Ford owners are ashamed, but rather don't have a choice of what the labels say.

The chest thumping is pretty pointless IMHO...
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by fflarry
Why aren't GM drivers proud to display Isuzu Diesel and must hide behind a Duramax badge and Ford is hiding behind a Powerstroke badge Vs Navistar? Love my Cummins power!

This is probably the wrong place for this thread, but I don't want to retype and don't know how to change it.
Isuzu doesnt sound as cool as the "Duramax" marketing name.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's ALL in the marketing..

If Dodge thought there was any way to improve on "Cummins", you can bet they would have come up with their own stupid name for it.

Alas, it turns out that the "Cummins" name is the peak of marketing appeal
Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HOHN
It's ALL in the marketing..

If Dodge thought there was any way to improve on "Cummins", you can bet they would have come up with their own stupid name for it.

Alas, it turns out that the "Cummins" name is the peak of marketing appeal
Or it proves the Dodge honchos are morons
Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by fflarry

Are you serious? I hope you joking about Ford and Chevy guys "hiding" behind a engine named something different. This probaly one of the most immature posts I have ever read. THanks I needed a good laugh.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Most owners don't know who makes their diesel engine. Most people also don't know the difference between gas and diesel as far as ignition goes. The guys/girls that mod them and take pride in them know who makes them, and usually will display the manufacturer name proudly. None of the big three make their own diesel engine, yet so many claim it's a Ford/Chevy/Dodge diesel, not the actual manufacturer.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by kas83
Most owners don't know who makes their diesel engine. Most people also don't know the difference between gas and diesel as far as ignition goes. The guys/girls that mod them and take pride in them know who makes them, and usually will display the manufacturer name proudly. None of the big three make their own diesel engine, yet so many claim it's a Ford/Chevy/Dodge diesel, not the actual manufacturer.
I SECOND THAT

IMO I am very proud of what I have but I am removing all badges that say Cummins. I want to make people wonder "What was that"

Well when I actually make it fast enough for people to ask that instead of just rolling up there windows or gaging