Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Are we...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 89f150
it doesnt have an opener you just lift it i think thats our problem
Put an opener on it or a lock. Might keep the honest ones honest....
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would get a dog. Someone in my dads neighborhood has the same garage frequency as him and they open it all the time without knowin it. I have a dogo that i use as a catchdog for hog doggin and every time it opens he runs up to the window to see if someone strange is walkin by. If there is someone even out by the road He goes nuts.

So if you geta dog like that (pit, bulldog, dogo) all you would have to do is let him go and it would be all over but the cryin. Plus you would have plenty of time to walk back and get one of the guns And if your mom didnt want to go outside she could lock the doors and call the police and go out when they get there. I can promise you that dog will hold on to whoever it is till they get there haha.

p.s. Cameras dont get you your stuff back. They only help you prosecute the person who took it. And usually by the time they are caught the crackhead already sold your stuff off.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Are we safe in our own homes anymore? I left my house and 9:15 to take my g.f home and when i get back at little after 10 the garage door was open! I asked my mom why she opened it and she said she didnt. She said she heard it open and was all alone in the house did wanna go see. Use to be a nice area what happened? Looks like its time to move back east. Luckily nothing was taken but they were prob just scoping out the place.
Here in middle america I feel safe.

sure, you leave something out it might get picked up overnight, but since there is something like 1 firearm for every man, woman, and child in Oklahoma, odds are your gonna get a gun pulled on you if you get caught.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Here in middle america I feel safe.

Or the middle of Alaska....I leave my wallet in my truck with the keys in it an unlocked....My house is never locked either...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 PM

Stick a tire iron in the track so the door can't be opened from the outside. There are probably holes in the track where you can slide the bar in to block the wheels and prevent the door from opening more than an inch or so.

Beware of setting any type of trap as even if the person has already hauled several loads out of the garage before getting hurt he will sue you and win.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Same here my truck always has the keys in it around the house, doors unlocked at the house, all the keys in my toys...but I do have 2 pits who are very concerned for my safety. They can have me awake in a second. And my XD40 sits prepared for trouble right beside my bed.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Police there's police around here? Lol that's what sucks to us I see one once a month and the guys doing bout 100 mph by my house
DO NOT TRY THIS! IT COULD LEAD TO DEATH, INJURY OR FISTFIGHTS! AND NEVER, EVER DO ANYTHING TO INTERFERE WITH THE WORKINGS OF A LAWMAN!

This was used on the idiots speeding down our street.

My nutjob neighbor came up with this. You and another guy stand on opposite sides of the road. When the speeder comes flying down the road, you each pretend to pick up opposite ends of a rope and mime pulling it taught across the road. We had a jerk in a Viper haul it down from about 70mph to a dead stop in the length of our yard .

He did another thing to a certain Ford maverick in our neighborhood. He took a length of black rope, tied one end to the phone pole and the other end to a 5-gallon bucket with the words "slow down, ******!" written on it. The rope was long enough to reach across the road, plus 10 feet. He laid the rope down tight against the pole, ran it on the ground across the street and into the bushes. When the guy hauled down our street, he took the bucket and pulled it back until the rope was about 2 feet off the ground. Then he ran like hell. When the Ford hit the rope, the bucket came ripping out of the bushes like a Polaris missile and hit the passenger door hard enough to dent it as if hit by a linebacker. The bucket then riccocheted around the front of the car, took out the side marker lightt and ended up bouncing around in the street. The guy got out, picked up the bucket, read it and started screaming death and torture to the perpetrator. My neighbor came out, asked the guy what his problem was. The guy told him. Neighbor said, "well, I guess you should slow down then, huh?"

It was like, why would you argue with a bucket?

Last edited by stinkindiesel; 10-29-2008 at 01:00 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 AM

ya i locked everything up like fort knox and im trying to get another shepard i had one before bes dog ever wouldnt barely let freinds in the yard lol he was 110 pounds at 10 months
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 AM

vise grips work good if it is the rolling type door ... just latch them on the track above a roller
Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM

the patrol dog at my house is a shepard. i have never had anything go missing within the zone that the dog can reach. she is about 90lbs of pure muscle. also the shepard has the second srongest bite and with a little wolf mixed in the breed they are a good protector. i will never own anything other than that. also keep one in your truck and you can leave it running unlocked on cold days lol.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by apprentice
vise grips work good if it is the rolling type door ... just latch them on the track above a roller
Ditto. I do this with two vice grips one on each side if I leave my house for more than 24 hours. Electric garage doors are way too easy to just pull up and break.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Or the middle of Alaska....I leave my wallet in my truck with the keys in it an unlocked....My house is never locked either...
locks dont work well against bears so why bother.

besides, there isn't anyone in middle alaska anyway. and if someone does come by, they are probably in need of assistance?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM

what area of Hesperia are you located? I live in Hesperia and can't wait to move out of here?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by turbodiesel101
. also keep one in your truck and you can leave it running unlocked on cold days lol.
You got that right. I've got a Texas Blue Lacey thatd tear anybody that touched my truck apart. We've got 4 dogs: A chocolate lab, a Blue lacey, a chiweiner, and a chihuaha(spelling). They're all nice dogs around us, but anybody they don't like comes in the house or the yard and they'll tear em up. The chihuaha is only good for bein loud, but the lab and lacey kinda team up, and get kinda scary if they want to. I locked myself outa the house one night, and hopped the fence around back, and I thought I was finished. All four of em came running at me barking and growling like they were gona kill me till they finally figured out who I was. Point being, the best thing you can have next to a gun is a good dog. Even a lab can be mean if he has to
Old 10-30-2008, 12:43 PM

cottonwood and ranchero what about you? I wanna leave also it sucks here all the low class people moved up here haha