Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

This is WAY off topic...But...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This is WAY off topic...But...

OFF TOPIC, You've been warned

Ok, first of all I'm a country girl, always have been, always will be..
And I belive in serving this great country, as my 2 brothers have along with my dad and granddad,
so when I hear about someone going AWOL, it just boils my blood, and I do understand this is a Dodge Diesel forum, but it is the only fourm I read, I never really post here because I dont know too much about it, I guess I just like trucks.. So If you dont wana hear my little rant then please stop reading now, and I'm very sorry for wasting your time

Ok so I work at a dodge dealership in montana, ya it gets boring QUICK =P, anyway we get a new hire, so I'm thinking oh great, someone to finally talk to, ya know? Well it turns out this new hire is AWOL from the Army, this just blows me away, because the person who hires him knows he is AWOL.. So I'm just kind of in this state of shock when I hear this, and then even more so when I find out everyone knows, aparently I'm the last one to find out anything here...

So I'm thinking wow this stinks, finally I get someone new to talk to and hes a traitor...

To make a long story really short:

I'm getting finished up at the old work place early today, and he asks me for a ride.. Well being the submissive female I am, I smile and say sure! when I'm really thinking why dont you let me give you a ride back to your military base! Anyway, I get pulled over for speeding, what luck... So I'm sitting there while the cop is taking his time reading my plate or whatever they do for that 10 or so minutes before they even come up to the door, and I think.. WAIT, wont they bust him if he's awol? Now mind you he's been AWOL for over a year from what he's said, so I would that that is plenty of time to get whatever paper work they have to file done.. Anways the cop comes up to the door, takes my ID and his ID, and I'm just happy as hell (Hey so I'm passive agressive)
The cop comes back and tells him "You're clean here is your ID back son" Then looks at me and says "You have an un paid parking ticket"......... Are you joking? He's clean, but I have an un paid parking ticket?

So I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there no justice for going AWOL? Can soliders come and go whenever they please these days?

By the way, he gave the cop a military ID.. How cute is that?

Please comment on this and tell me what is going on, I cant even sleep thinking about it, thanks so much for reading my completely off topic post
Old 04-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This boils my blood. I would not hesitate to turn him or any other scumbag deserter in!
Some claim to have good reason to be AWOL. If that was the case, it would be AWL.

As a matter-of-fact, PM me enough info and I'll take care of it from here.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
You could aways drop a dime to the closest Army installation.

And Welcome to the site.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:13 AM

I think I may try that, there is a reserve unit somewhere close to here I think, that's about it.. Thanks so much for your suggestions and support guys, I expected my post to be deleted for being off topic, you all are great.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The Other forum is for non-diesel stuff.

If you what to see what I mean, check out of weekly Water Cooler thread.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:39 AM

AS CROBTEX said, PM me enough information and I get it to the local AWOL/UA recovery team.

Being just a few miles from the largest Naval base, all it will take is a phone call with the information and they will take care of it from there.

OBTW, welcome to the site....
Old 04-08-2005, 06:44 AM

Welcome aboard Fayte83.
As a vet, that boils my blood.
I know some boys that would be very happy to "take care" of the situation. Afraid he might not be too useful to Uncle Sam when they are through.

reachin' for my blood pressure meds
~Rob
Old 04-08-2005, 07:04 AM

Heh you all are great, thanks so much for the support, I am going to try to round up some info about him in a subtle way at work.. See what I can get, and then I will pass it on.

By the way I know some people from McKinny hotdram :P, You don't happen to know anyone in the Serna family do ya?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:11 AM

Welcome to the board!! You are right in every way, those at your work who know and the one who hired him should recieve some form of punishment too!! You can keep your head up on this one. Goodluck,,Rick And as far as not posting, this is what the board is about, to learn so ask away!!! There are no dumb questions.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site

As Ed said, this is the "OTHER" forum and most anything goes as long as it meets the rules of the site. We patrol the site on a regular basis and if we have questionable posts, we ask the bosses and they decide whether it stays or not. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with this and as a former service man (Navy 72 to 76), I agree that he should be turned in to serve what he took the oath for. Just be careful getting the info and keep it quiet for your safety. The person that knowingly hired him should be made to pay also.
Good luck and keep us posted on this one.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:06 AM

From the Army Criminal Investigation Division website FAQs (www.cid.army.mil):
Q. Does CID investigate deserters?
A. Under most circumstances, no. However, if the individual deserts because of a criminal act, CID will work with local law enforcement authorities to apprehend the suspect for investigation. For general information on deserters or to report a deserter, contact the Chief, U.S. Army Deserter Information Point at 502-626-3717.

That is what I've found out so far, and from what that is saying, you can pretty much just leave the military when you want to as long as you dont kill someone on your way out, that is the way I translated it, I hope to god I'm wrong. But you can bet I'll be giving that number a call

By the way, you all have been great, I feel very at home here and will probably start posting here often..

But for now, it's off to my job that shelters deserters *CRY*.. I'd quit but that won't pay the bills =/,,
Old 04-08-2005, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Fayte83
By the way I know some people from McKinny hotdram :P, You don't happen to know anyone in the Serna family do ya?
No Fayte83, I don't know anyone of those folks. I am of the transplant species. We have lived in Texas for only 7 years, with 5 1/2 of those in McKinney.

~Rob
Old 04-08-2005, 08:37 AM

Fayte83

Welcome to the site! Do worry about knowledge around here...you will catch on quick...

I am proud of our Armed Forces...now I wish I had served when I got out of school!

Rick
Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 AM

When I was in the Marines, they didn't bother actively "chasing" deserters, usually they get into a situation like you describe, and the cops arrest 'em and send them back sooner or later. He must not have even called the kids name in, he'd be on the list to get collared.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

I have a empty hole in the backyard if you need it.

Quick Reply: This is WAY off topic...But...