Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wax, sealer, or ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wax, sealer, or ???

There are so many new products out there today between waxes, sealers, etc. What lasts best to protect the paint and keep a good shine? I haven't put anything on my new 2500 QC and would like to do it right the first time. [undecided]
Old 04-07-2003, 10:20 PM

Re:Wax, sealer, or ???

Wax is all you need. Meguiers is what I use. Great smelling, easy to put on and take off and last 3 to 6 months. I rewax every 3 months if possible.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:43 PM

I agree with Srigs. I worked for NAPA for about 10 years and had the opportunity to use just about every brand you could think of. I have found that Meguires is one of the best. <br>Just my opinion.<br><br>One thing to remember is each time you was your rig you are removing wax from it. So the more you wash it the more often you will need to wax it. Never ever use dish soap or laundry detergent. But I bet you already knew that. <br>
Old 04-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Banned

I like Turtle Wax. Meguiars and Mother's is good stuff also. I like them. Any of yall ever used some stuff called Zaino? It's expensive but it leaves a helluva shine on the car. Got a pic of a guy taking his picture in the hood of his black Cobra. Perfect reflection.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:20 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=13316;start=0#125521 date=1049817510]<br>Any of yall ever used some stuff called Zaino? It's expensive but it leaves a helluva shine on the car. Got a pic of a guy taking his picture in the hood of his black Cobra. Perfect reflection.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Zaino is top notch wax. Bugs dont even stick to it.<br><br>I use it on my black 94 cobra and it is amazing the depth of shine and trueness of color quality that comes through.<br><br>Not the cheapest wax on the market, I do think it is the purest wax.<br><br>check them out at www.zainobros.com<br><br>Personally, I dont bother waxing my truck or eclipse, just the 'stang.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:18 PM

Zaino is some serious stuff no silcones so it doesnt bond to your paint it leaves a very awesome shine and does not build up or smudge like wax! I would recomend it to anyone!!!<br>This is my truck before i had it repainted after only ONE coat of zaino it gets better with every coat trust me!!! If the DC here at work wasnt stolen i could post a current pick with new paint and about 8 coats of Zaino!! <br>http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/g...55&amp;pid=348
Old 04-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Banned

I may get some for my next wax. Have any of yall tried the whole kit? The stripper, the primer, the wax, then the polish? Or something like that?
Old 04-08-2003, 06:29 PM

I like the mequires 3 step system works awsome<br><br>step 1<br> Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner <br><br> This amazing, nonabrasive cleaner safely removes contaminants, light oxidation, light scratches and swirls to restore damaged and dull finishes. This easy to use formula uses advanced technology to prepare all paint finishes for polishing and waxing. <br> <br><br>step 2<br><br> Deep Crystal Polish <br> This product is not a wax. It is a pure polish that conditions and nourishes the paint and is the secret to creating an awesome, deep, wet-look shine. <br> <br><br>step 3<br><br>Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax <br> This is the ideal product to protect the dazzling finish you created in Step 2. This formula delivers tough, long-lasting Carnauba wax protection on all paints. <br><br><br>oh yeah use the paste wax, it does a nicer job <br><br>http://www.meguiars.com<br><br><br> <br><br><br>