Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

WATER'N COOLER Oct 4th- Oct 10th

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:WATER'N COOLER Oct 4th- Oct 10th

I'll do my best to keep the noise down tomorrow. I am up at the crack and trying the figure out if I just put the razor in the mouth and the brush to the chin or what. Gotta get the animals fed and watered. Then it's wake up the yunguns, not easy and I don't have to tell yuhs I know. Put the animals up, load up the yunguns and drop them at school. Get to work with huff-n-puff, just in time for quarters. Get off early to pick up some parts to take into work tomorrow. Uncle sam needs my financial assistance cause he broke this time of year. Pick up kids and play on puter. Read something about REMF's and Boots and wander why I can't be at sea. Guess the new boots need training too and I will be back out there this time next year anyway. I'll put in 60/40, 12 years at sea and 8 ashore. Can't wait to see the sun come up on the water again and go to sleep listening to the rolling waves. Shortround your gonna blow a gasket and besides I don't think pistol can handle much more hisself. I am looking for one of those boats too! Couldn't find a map tone with both hands and a flashlight. Oh well, another day another dollar and 75 cents. Taps went down on the rugrats and I aint burnin the oil tonight. Hope tomorrow is better for yuh and shortround you have got to leave them 06's alone!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, the O-6's freak out and start thinking like O-1's again. Been there, done that, got the boonie hat. SR, give 'em what they deserve!
Old 10-08-2003, 05:55 AM

Wednesday huh ?? Sure feels like it should be Monday.
The Navy Ball is this Saturday and I'm scrambling to find mini-medals ... who was the rocket scientist that decided we needed a completeley DIFFERENT set of medals ?
I hate wearin the stupid things as it is without havin to worry if I got the right size or not. And do you think the base exchange carries everything you need ?? Nope ... but you can go online and then pay extra for shipping .... it's a conspiracy .

Oh yeah ... and I got yelled at by a Key West weirdo (rainbow warrior) on a tricycle yesterday. He called me a jerk for driving such a loud truck .... I started laughing, loaded up the engine a little and left him in a nice poof of diesel smoke. Takes all kinds ...
TryintokeepthingsinperspectivePISTOL
Old 10-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

It's "Hump" day. ;D

Cool temps again, sunny skies, supposed to change tonight.

Waiting for the GWT to buy a clue and decide where an office is supposed to relocate to today.
The folks are boxed up and ready to move.
Nobody knows where to yet.
Late yesterday the GWT decided that these folks might not move for two more weeks.

And they ask me why I drink...............

GWT= Guys With Ties (Folks "in charge" :)
Old 10-08-2003, 06:11 AM
JKE

shovel - been raining here since 0130. I could not sleep. Maybe this is coming your way. Should have come in to work early since I was up anyway, no motivation.

Maybe some coffee would help :-....

Positive that today will be better than yesterday .

John

the exchange at Parris Island is pretty good.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:25 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Morning folks,
great day yesterday, until 1644 when the server, that ALL of the data for this deployment just happened to reside on, performed a massive upchuck. :'(
Good news is that we may have only lost one days worth of data, if they did a backup when they were supposed to. Ain't worried about that tho, that's something for the PowerPoint Rangers (two O4's and an O5) to deal with. ;D
Everything smooth, blood pressure normal, SOS a cooking, and working on game plan to break it off in one of the "basking in the light of my own self importance" O4's that's being such a pain. Got to have something to do, you know.
Beer level getting low. Only had a 6 pack since Saturday. Boss' (2 O6's) think I may be sick, or up to something spectacular.
Gotta run. Ain't gonna miss the frontal assault by the PowerPoint Ranger Battalion, motto = The misguided leading the misfits.

havingmorefunthanafirefightwithaherdofrockapesShor tround out
Old 10-08-2003, 08:07 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning all, custard quota has been achieved, coffee level maintained, sun's coming up not a cloud in the sky. Bob, nice and toasty this morning. No frost on the vehicles.... appreciate it. 8)

Old 10-08-2003, 09:42 AM

Mornin' y'all,

Walked out to the truck this morning in a tee shirt, still dark, about 68*. Fired up the truck, fed and watered, then jumped in the truck for the commute. Lo and behold, we have a new governor elect, and we're still .

I'm really starting to hate this place. Started talking to my wife last night about moving to Texas. She's never been there, she wants to move to WA, closer to her mother (like that'll happen). Looks like I got my work cut out for me......

Gonzo's new place really got me thinking again. Maybe I can get my company to transfer me.........

Y'all have a dieselly kinda day.

whyamistilllivinginthisscrewedupstatecowhandout
Old 10-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Good Morning DTRonians!

Shortround, leave that 04 to me I will draw his fire while you pull a flanking manuever ;D. Geez this stuff brings back memories

Nothing worse than a Major malfunction
Old 10-08-2003, 09:50 AM
JKE

MOVE!

best kept secret South East, N Georgia, Tenn., W SC or W NC, Deep south Georgia is great. Grand Parents have a small farm there...really country and still old school.

Today is going great. I knew it would be better.

Have a wonderful day!

John
Old 10-08-2003, 09:56 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Must be losing my touch. Took me 2 hours on this one.
Don't have to worry about him till the weekend.
Another day of boredom interupted by absolute chaos. Kinda like being in a firefight again. ;D

doingthebrokeitoffinhishineyhappydanceShortround out
Old 10-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

JKE, I agree about West NC. We just spent a couple weeks in the Maggie Valley area. Been there many times, but spent some time in Waynesville this time. What a delightful place. We really enjoyed it. Also like it up around Sugar Mountain and Boone. No place like the Mast General Store. ;D
Glad you are enjoying the warm, Redleg. It is up in the high 80's again down here. I am looking forward to that "cold" front moving on down and get us down to 78 or so - - you know, really cold like 78.
Ya'll have a good ern.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:11 AM

shortround you kill me but what scares me is that I agree and live vicariously through your posts. Mini's are for ........ Can't afford the dinner dress and I tend to put on the top pris and leave the rest at home. Noone does a personnel inspection at those events and I stay clear of people I know. To busy drinking and giggling at all the grinnin and grippin going on. What a political event that is. Saw one to many brown nosers getting in line at my first one to want to go back. Until I pick up 7 and some mandatory fun is inforced, I'll just take the wife to a honky tonk for some dancin, drinkin and lovin. Have fun and I hope your Ball is better than the one I went too. Shortround has my admiration...Thirty some odd years and they still can't figure you out. The definition of tact is making them believe you rogered up and them realizing you didn't whilst they are driving home. ;D ;D
Old 10-09-2003, 03:56 AM
JKE

Mornin' Men, 0500 here

cloudy no rain, the bead on the truck is tighter than dick's hat band.

Have a great day in DTR land.

John
Old 10-09-2003, 03:59 AM
JKE

hey wait a minute....dick was being used as clean text. I have been better lately....let's just go with "short for Richard"...

ahhh well, the boys know what I am talking about anyway.

have a positive day

John

Quick Reply: WATER'N COOLER Oct 4th- Oct 10th